2014 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,470 - $37,837.

10/7.8

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

I love my ATS Turbo Performance

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

"This is my first Cadillac and I can honestly say this is a World Class Vehicle. It is fun to drive, has safety features on it that are not even available on a comparable Audi, Mercedes C class or BMW 3 series. The safety alert seats has already saved me from an accident. The CUE technology is awesome. The natural voice recognition works great; I love the 3D navigation map and the bluetooth technology. I love the way the outside lites up when I unlock it. With the Brembo brakes and the coating on the brakes, I get no brake dust on my wheels. This is a Turbo and premium fuel is only recommended so I use regular fuel. It only affect my MPG by 1 mile (I get 24 city/30 hwy); I get no hesitation, no sputtering...just a great driving car. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Minus CUE and racetrack tires, this is a great car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "handling, power, finish, braking"

Cons: "stiff ride; CUE, tires"

"quiet, plush interior. with 18" wheels (standard with premium trim) there's not much rubber between the chassis and road--expect to feel every little bump. handling is sublime. looking forward to hitting the pacific coast highway! it's a low-rider...good exercise for me (6'4") getting in and out of the vehicle. once in, somewhat snug sideways but very comfortable--plenty of head (without sunroof) and legroom for tall folks. fitting things in the glove compartment can be tricky if the (optional with lower trim) CD player is installed. it doesn't consume that much (of the already limited) volume but projects into space needed for arranging items. I have only a handgun and two cases for eyeglasses and I frequently have to rearrange them to get the door to close. I'm going to have the CD player removed. rear seats are suitable only for two short adults. fit and finish are superb. CUE cannot deal with even simple directory structures when reading solid-state media (unlike my $7 mp3 player!) or CD's. While this is no big deal per se, figuring it out has taken months of experimenting and working with the dealer...ridiculous! Caddy should at least inform owners (and dealers) of these kinds of limitations. This issue is not addressed in 2014 CUE. For music files on SD, USB, or CD, to be safe put individual files in the root directory, no subdirectories (folders). CUE does a fine--although slow--job of organizing the files if the mp3 tag data are present. The resource-intensive user interface plus so much unutilized potential puts CUE years behind today's standards. It's baffling and annoying, for another example, that date and time have to be manually set on a GPS-equipped vehicle. Cue on the whole is a little scary for me. It's distracting to do even simple things--I have to meticulously discipline myself to keep my attention on traffic while fiddling with it. After a few close calls I now just pull over to do most things rather than risk an accident. As of today I wouldn't buy another vehicle that is (2013-14) CUE equipped. I have not yet learned to fully utilize the voice capabilities of CUE (they are good except a little slow, and spotty when road-noise levels are high) and this could mitigate some of my issues. The rear tires that came on the vehicle--Bridgestone POTENZA RE050A 255/35RF18--were almost bald at 12K miles. I understand the ATS is intended to be sporty but...crikey! front and rear tires are different size--no full rotations. of course, no spare tire (a worrisome item for me). rain sensing wipers are a waste of effort. they frequently activate when it's bone dry and sometimes fail to activate when it's sprinkling. the ride is so low that the front end often doesn't clear the concrete stops in parking lots. one learns to stop a little short of them. I routinely get 28+ mpg at 75-80 mph and 24-25 overall mpg (rear-wheel drive). the few flaws in this vehicle have simple solutions. hopefully caddy will step up. overall, the more I drive the car, the more I like it. it is a very civilized ride while fast and sporty enough when needed."

Love my ats

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"This car is great!! I have 2.0 turbo and this car moves.. I had 300 prior but this car is the best!"

I love my ATS.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great handling and pick up"

Cons: "small back seat and trunk"

"I have always driven a big car but after reading reviews I took it for a test drive. I love the handling. I am an older woman and at one point raced sports cars and I feel like I am driving one again. I have owned other Cadillacs and I call this one "Baby" because it is so small. I miss the trunk and back seat space a little but the maneuverability and overall car makes up for it."

STAND OUT CAR

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"FIRST NORTH AMERICAN CAR FOR ME SINCE 1998 I RESEARCHED THIS CAR TO DEATH BEFORE MAKING MY FINAL DECISION. THE CLOSEST CAR TO THIS IN MY OPINION IS THE AUDI A4. AWESOME LEASE RATES AND GM INCENTIVES WAS ICING ON THE CAKE. THE FIT IN FINISH IS EXCELLENT, AND MY LEATHER SEATS IN THE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE ARE AMAZING OFFERING COMFORT AND STYLE. PUSH THIS CAR INTO ANY CORNER OR TAKE OFF FROM A TRAFFIC LIGHT IT MOVES YOU! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR WITHOUT AWD. MY 2L TURBO IS GIVING ME CITY/HIGHWAY COMBINED DRIVING OF 8.2L/100KM."