2014 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,094 - $38,301.

10/7.8

9.4

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    10.0/10

My First Cadillac

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Just an outstanding value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Limited Back Seat leg room"

"I have owned Porsche's, BMW's & Audi's over the years as well as 06 GTO, G8, Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 among others, but this Cadillac is just a great handling vehicle and fun to drive. It backs up against any of these for bang for the buck. I got Black Raven with the Carmel interior which really pops so I get compliments all the time. Installed after market stainless grills with LED lights. Th8is will not be my last Cadillac!"

I love my ATS.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great handling and pick up"

Cons: "small back seat and trunk"

"I have always driven a big car but after reading reviews I took it for a test drive. I love the handling. I am an older woman and at one point raced sports cars and I feel like I am driving one again. I have owned other Cadillacs and I call this one "Baby" because it is so small. I miss the trunk and back seat space a little but the maneuverability and overall car makes up for it."

A MUST OWN CAR IF U WANT CLASSY, EXECUTIVE, SPORTY

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Nice, fun, sporty, AWD, lots of options, executive"

Cons: "Pricey"

The white one is mine and the Black CTS-V is our friends car. Love them both.

"I'm an Executive in my mid 30's who was looking for a car that would be sporty, classy, executive, and AWD. I didn't look at the Cadillac's at first because I didn't want to feel like an old lady. I looked at the BMW 3 series, the Volvo S60, the Audi A6, and the Infinity. After test driving a lot of cars and comparing gas mileage & features, my husband said to just test drive the Cadillac ATS AWD before making my final decision. So I took his advice and much to my surprise I fell in love with the car. Way to go Cadillac! Cadillac is no longer producing cars just for the older market. I've been driving the car for 10 months and am still as happy with it as the day I bought it!"

The white one is mine and the Black CTS-V is our friends car. Love them both.

Best car I've ever owned, never leaving cadillac!!

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun, looks, handling, everything"

Cons: "Not much storage space inside, that's it"

"This car is amazing. I have the 2.0L turbo, 6 speed manual. Always owned 2 door sport coupes before this car, now i needed a 4 door sedan. This is the perfect mix of a 4 door family car, and super quick, great handling sports car. The only reason I gave a 9 out of 10 for quality is because I had to bring it to the dealer to fix a speaker rattling and a sunroof issue. I get compliments on this car all the time as well. This car blows away BMW, Audi, and Lexus."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Turbo engine, Brembo brakes, magnetic ride control"

Cons: "Tight back seat"

"Great power, strong brakes, and the magnetic ride control suspension is top notch. Great HID lights with LED daytimes, looks awesome. Car is so smooth at high speed. This car is begging to be tracked but I don't have time. Its my commuter, and I see a combined MPG of 22MPG. Takes a little time to get used to the CUE system and not having any push buttons, but if you have an Iphone, its pretty much like that. The quality of interior is great and the exterior has European lines, love this car....."

New kid on the block and it lives up to the hype

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good power, and insane handling"

Cons: "6 foot 2 buyer beware lol its a small sedan"

"Cadillac stepped up its game with this sporty little sedan. Moves like it weighs 500 lbs less than its "curb weight" It has a generation 3 ecotech, in less words, it's overbuilt and loves to eat the boost from the little twin scroll charger it has strapped to it, but don't let the word turbo scare you off, if you feel lag let me know because I don't. As for styling, I can say it feels like a cockpit but with more "stuff" cool touch screen and very few actual buttons. Pretty good gas mileage but I came from a gas guzzler so opinions may vary. Overall a great car and I'm happy to see Cadillac throw its hat back in the ring."

STAND OUT CAR

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"FIRST NORTH AMERICAN CAR FOR ME SINCE 1998 I RESEARCHED THIS CAR TO DEATH BEFORE MAKING MY FINAL DECISION. THE CLOSEST CAR TO THIS IN MY OPINION IS THE AUDI A4. AWESOME LEASE RATES AND GM INCENTIVES WAS ICING ON THE CAKE. THE FIT IN FINISH IS EXCELLENT, AND MY LEATHER SEATS IN THE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE ARE AMAZING OFFERING COMFORT AND STYLE. PUSH THIS CAR INTO ANY CORNER OR TAKE OFF FROM A TRAFFIC LIGHT IT MOVES YOU! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR WITHOUT AWD. MY 2L TURBO IS GIVING ME CITY/HIGHWAY COMBINED DRIVING OF 8.2L/100KM."

Glad I came back to an American brand

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Stellar quality & a true drivers car!"

Cons: "Gas mileage, CUE"

"I haven't purchased an American car since 1996 and during that time I have owned two BMWs, two Acuras, an Audi and a Lexus. I was hesitant about going with the Cadillac but I always said 'when America can build one that truly competes I will buy it'. After seeing the ATS beat the all time champ of sports sedans the 335i I knew I had to at least give it a look. After driving it I was hooked. It truly is a drivers car that equals or exceeds anything from Germany or Japan and that is something as an American I am proud of. Quality so far has been stellar. The only negative I can comment on is the gas mileage is not great and the CUE system is just a little cumbersome but other than that it is a fantastic car!"

Great sports sedan that beats a 3 series!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, manual transmission, build quality"

Cons: "Small trunk, engine note"

"I have owned my ATS for approximately 6 months. During that time the car has proven itself as a capable performer in all areas. This car really succeeds in the handling department with firm, but not stiff, suspension and steering that is on par or better than class leaders. I have not seen any reviews that do the interior of this car justice. Cadillac has emphasized the hand sewn look of its interiors and every friend or family member compliments the modern look and material quality of the interior. Hard plastics are hard to come by on the inside of this car. My car is a base 2.0T with the manual transmission and that combination really offers one of the best driving experiences available and at a price lower than most competitors."

Love my ATS!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of nice features for the money,"

Cons: "Nothing so far.."

"I love the car. It's beautiful and fun to drive. My first Cadillac and it hasn't disappointed. The CUE infotainment system is absolutely awesome! A great alternative to the cookie cutter, dime-a-dozen BMWs."

Love my ATS!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of nice features for the money,"

Cons: "Nothing so far.."

Fun to drive

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, performance, handling"

Cons: "CUE, back seat and trunk space"

"The ATS is a great handling car. The 3.6 engine provide plenty of power. We have the performance model so the ride is a little too stiff for my wife's liking but it is not all that bad. The only negative on the car is the back seat and trunk are rather cramped. Unless you travel with adults in the back frequently it shouldn't be a huge problem. One thing I didn't consider when purchasing was how tight the back seat would be with a baby seat installed for the grandkids. We have had zero problems with the ATS. If you drive the car frequently you will get used to the CUE however the occasional driver may have to retrain themselves each time in the car. If you like performance at a modest cost you should like the ATS."

ATS better than the rest!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Design. Cost, Quailty, Horsepower, Ride, Gadgets."

Cons: "Small backseats (same with all in class)."

"I owned a used CTS for years and loved it. Looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus etc. The ATS is the clear winner. Better ride. Better engine (V-6 in mine). Better design. Better quality Less cost. The 321 Horsepower V-6 is almost scary off the line but the AWD and traction control keep it under control. The only negatives on this car are the smaller backseat, but that is true for all the other similar cars. The trunk is smaller but very functional."

Amazing car!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "A blast to drive!"

"This is my first Cadillac but it won't be my last. The handling is supreme and the 2.0 Turbo is lightening fast off the line. This car corners like it's on rails and the Brembo brakes are simply the best. I feel spoiled every time I get in....this is simply a beautiful car. The CUE system is the easiest and most user friendly system I have ever seen. Anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't know how to use it. And, last but not least, the price is excellent. Buy this one with no regrets!"

Minus CUE and racetrack tires, this is a great car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "handling, power, finish, braking"

Cons: "stiff ride; CUE, tires"

"quiet, plush interior. with 18" wheels (standard with premium trim) there's not much rubber between the chassis and road--expect to feel every little bump. handling is sublime. looking forward to hitting the pacific coast highway! it's a low-rider...good exercise for me (6'4") getting in and out of the vehicle. once in, somewhat snug sideways but very comfortable--plenty of head (without sunroof) and legroom for tall folks. fitting things in the glove compartment can be tricky if the (optional with lower trim) CD player is installed. it doesn't consume that much (of the already limited) volume but projects into space needed for arranging items. I have only a handgun and two cases for eyeglasses and I frequently have to rearrange them to get the door to close. I'm going to have the CD player removed. rear seats are suitable only for two short adults. fit and finish are superb. CUE cannot deal with even simple directory structures when reading solid-state media (unlike my $7 mp3 player!) or CD's. While this is no big deal per se, figuring it out has taken months of experimenting and working with the dealer...ridiculous! Caddy should at least inform owners (and dealers) of these kinds of limitations. This issue is not addressed in 2014 CUE. For music files on SD, USB, or CD, to be safe put individual files in the root directory, no subdirectories (folders). CUE does a fine--although slow--job of organizing the files if the mp3 tag data are present. The resource-intensive user interface plus so much unutilized potential puts CUE years behind today's standards. It's baffling and annoying, for another example, that date and time have to be manually set on a GPS-equipped vehicle. Cue on the whole is a little scary for me. It's distracting to do even simple things--I have to meticulously discipline myself to keep my attention on traffic while fiddling with it. After a few close calls I now just pull over to do most things rather than risk an accident. As of today I wouldn't buy another vehicle that is (2013-14) CUE equipped. I have not yet learned to fully utilize the voice capabilities of CUE (they are good except a little slow, and spotty when road-noise levels are high) and this could mitigate some of my issues. The rear tires that came on the vehicle--Bridgestone POTENZA RE050A 255/35RF18--were almost bald at 12K miles. I understand the ATS is intended to be sporty but...crikey! front and rear tires are different size--no full rotations. of course, no spare tire (a worrisome item for me). rain sensing wipers are a waste of effort. they frequently activate when it's bone dry and sometimes fail to activate when it's sprinkling. the ride is so low that the front end often doesn't clear the concrete stops in parking lots. one learns to stop a little short of them. I routinely get 28+ mpg at 75-80 mph and 24-25 overall mpg (rear-wheel drive). the few flaws in this vehicle have simple solutions. hopefully caddy will step up. overall, the more I drive the car, the more I like it. it is a very civilized ride while fast and sporty enough when needed."

overpriced overrated non-luxury

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "see below"

"2.5L engine runs surprisingly effortlessly at speed but comes nowhere near 34mpg, gets 29 in flat Fla. Handling is great but road noise TERRIBLE. Ride stiff in any mode. Radio, A/C controls, etc are ridiculously overcomplicated and non-intuitive. The salesman didn't know how to use them. Would be better off with twist or slide levers. Touch the panel anywhere and settings change and leave fingerprints. My radar detector cord changes settings. Prefer my 97 cargo van for its more luxurious ride and lack of road noise!"

I love my ATS Turbo Performance

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

"This is my first Cadillac and I can honestly say this is a World Class Vehicle. It is fun to drive, has safety features on it that are not even available on a comparable Audi, Mercedes C class or BMW 3 series. The safety alert seats has already saved me from an accident. The CUE technology is awesome. The natural voice recognition works great; I love the 3D navigation map and the bluetooth technology. I love the way the outside lites up when I unlock it. With the Brembo brakes and the coating on the brakes, I get no brake dust on my wheels. This is a Turbo and premium fuel is only recommended so I use regular fuel. It only affect my MPG by 1 mile (I get 24 city/30 hwy); I get no hesitation, no sputtering...just a great driving car. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Great Entry-Level Luxury Choice

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Style, drive performance, overall value"

Cons: "iPhone integration and trunk space"

"After doing research and analysis on over 10 different cars in this division (incldg BMW 3; Lincoln MKZ; Lexus ES350; Audi A4; Mercedes C-Class, Infinity G37 and the new Q50, Acura TL, etc.) I choose the ATS. In fact, when I began looking I wasn't even considering a Cadillac. However, once I saw it and once I drove it I was sold. Very stylish both inside and out. Strong technology. However what really sold me was the drive. The ATS 2.0T Premium model performed very well. I compared the drive to my 2006 Infiniti G35...but with a little less horsepower. The ATS is a very nice car...I love driving it! My two minor complaints are that accessing the music on your iPhone is not easy (I use a seperate iPod now) and the trunk could be a little larger. Other than that...it's GREAT!"

An excellent buy. Worth looking at!

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, great value"

Cons: "clumsy infotainment (CUE)"

"I purchased the base 2.5 recently and am nothing short of thrilled with my new ATS! It fits my family of 5 better than my previous ford did. Kids say back seat is much roomier and comfier. It handles superbly and so much fun to drive. It looks great inside and out and offers great features at the base level. I did some some comparison shopping and for the same amount of money with similar options, I could have purchased a Ford Taurus, Kia Optima, or Hyundai Azera. I'll take the Caddy thanks! Plus, none of those guys will pay for my maintenance for 4 years/ 50k like Cadillac does. My only complaint is with the CUE. I had SYNC in my ford and I have to say that was a little better for hands free calling than the Cadillac. I am used hitting a phone button, then a voice button and saying the name from my contacts in my phone. In the Cadillac I have to use the voice system to activate the dialing feature, then speak the number I want to dial (for some reason it wont recognize the namers from contacts). All in all, a total score for the price!"

Love my ats

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"This car is great!! I have 2.0 turbo and this car moves.. I had 300 prior but this car is the best!"

great car awd ats stand 2.ot

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "over all great car"

Cons: "small back seating rarely used"

"drove many cars before the ats ! went back to it because it had it all! looks styling performance! nissan toyota honda no stones !dogs! even v6 verisons!and no awd sedans where offered !go drive one today ! cady is back!"

Best in Class! Must buy!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "Best Value in its Class"

"First let me say, I own a MB C300 and have owned a Lexus IS, and BMW 5 Series. Previously I would have NEVER considered this car. I researched the BMW 1's &3's, Audi A4, and MB C300 and found this car to offer more for the money. Finally Cadillac has what I believe a car to be superior to those above. I'm still not a fan of the hard angle exterior, but the interior treatments match and IMO are better than the competition. I believe you will find the same things I found. I purchased the entry level model as it is for my wife's commute. I would have purchased the Luxury line, but she was satisfied with the entry level and the price was right. The base engine is sufficient, but not impressive. I'd recommend you test drive the turbo and decide for yourself. We both love the car and it is expected to hold its value to match the imports. T me, this purchase is a no brainer and as someone who has owned nearly every German made vehicle, this one has me sold"

Best car i have ever owned

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Comfort, CUE, Looks,FactoryWarranty"

Cons: "None just know what option come with each package"

"I recently bought the 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T automatic. I has the CUE and black leather interior. First i must say that seats are by far the most comfortable i have ever sat in. The leather is soft and very well put together. I am 6 ft tall and have no problem sitting in any position in this car. The CUE is amazing and fun to play with. If you have used a smart phone before than this will be easy to use. If you have not then look no further because cadillac gives a free 3rd gen ipad that has a CUE app for learning made easy. The Bose stereo is clear and loud, speaker system with a 10 in subwoofer in the back window. I was dodging tumble weeds the other day and the car performed every-time (tight, and no roll feeling and it got better in sport mode). Also for a 4 cylinder it has a very good amount of pull when the pedal is pushed every time. Safety was not a big player in my mind but this car just received a 5 star all round crash rating. Last thing i have to say is that its comfy and fairly fast. I would buy another if i could"

Awesome Drive and Oh so Comfortable!

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. Great comfort. Great drive!"

Cons: "Gas mileage is slightly less than expected."

"Traded in a Mercedes C250 coupe for this ATS. The seats are more comfortable and I have a great CUE system which I love! Way more bang for the buck! Turns smoothly, hugging the road, I get compliments galore from young and old, and the service and oil changes are all covered by Cadillac! Also got a free Ipad for purchasing a car with the CUE infotainment system! Can't beat that! Now the C250 was a nice ride, and I have also owned a 2005 CTS, a Jag X-Type, and a BMW 328i. And so far, this car beats them all! Its also nice to use plain old gas instead of premium! The mileage estimates (mine) are about 21 city and 31 hwy with my driving, which is not pedal to the metal."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Incredible handling and performance."

Cons: "None."

"We've owned a Jag and still own a BMW. They got everything about this car right. Incredible handling and performance. Beautiful styling and great interior. CUE system is great! This is the best car I've ever driven."