2014 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,104 - $23,647.

10/6.9

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Over all a really good vehicle.

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive for what you get, very comfort & quiet"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"This is a well-made car. The ride is smooth, comfortable and very quiet. It gets admirable gas mileage around town (22+ in AZ with the A/C on all the time and 30+ on the road with a semi lead foot. It has lots of standard features that are upgrades on most other cars. I have had zero issues with the car. The lease deals on the car are very affordable. Unfortunately they do not hold their value. I may just lease another!"

Great car and an even better value.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Very quiet ride, handles very well, great value."

Cons: "Wish this car had a little better mpg."

"Nicely finished with above average quality. An incredibly quiet ride and handles well too. Plenty of power but a little weak on mpg. Very happy I bought this car."

Most fun car to drive

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Beautful to look at -- drives like a dream"

Cons: "no place to put my purse"

"Looks like heaven --- most people think it's a caddie. Great price for a sporty luxury car. Lots of get up when getting on the Highways. Sirius Radio, Bluetooth, MP3 available all excellent features!"

Most unhappy car in my life!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Look luxury- But POOR performance"

Cons: "Interior is tight on space- Engine start NOISY"

"First time own this American car, driving this car about 150 mileages in two weeks, when I drove on the freeway, I heard one big explosion sound underneath my car then I continue drive to the restaurant. After dinner I go back to my car I found out back camera displace the view is dead. Engine light error is on. When I press the gas panel, car go very slowly, I have to turn on the emergency light to drive about 10 miles to closest dealership. Thorson Motor at Pasadena, California sale me a defected car. GMC refuse to exchange another car for me, they totally ignore my concern."

The Best Value in the Segment

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "turbo, suspension, comfort, tech"

Cons: "No sun glass storage, no powered passenger seat"

"I test drove every compact and mid size sedan out there over the course of 6 months and could not find my car. Then I stumbled across a review for the Verano and decided to check it out. I was sold within 10 minutes of getting behind the wheel. Initially tried the 2.4L engine and it was okay but then drove the turbo and said this is it. There are a very few minor things about the car that I would change but all things being equal, this is the best value in the entry level luxury small sedan category(Period) The turbo engine, seat comfort, tech, exterior and interior design are all extremely impressive. Get past the Buick name and try one. You will not be sorry."

First Buick and Impressed

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "A Great Small Luxery Car"

Cons: "Interior is tight on space"

"I am pleasantly surprised how well Buick did with the Verano. It is not perfect, but for a small car and very good price it is a great car. Ride and quietness is what sold me. Good options, nice styling, and very comfortable car. The door pockets could be better designed to hold a drink, missing a coin holder, and could use more storage areas. The cabin is a bit tight on space, but you do get used to it. Very good MPG, engine is pretty good with acceleration, transmission shifts smooth. Very quiet and well built. No regrets here."

Car was used to take my mother to and from the doc

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Excellent condition used to care my elderly mother back and forth to the doctor"

LOVE IT

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"LOVE MY CAR.."

Great small car

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior, great features and looks great."

Cons: "No power seat."

"I was reluctant to purchase a small car after driving full and mid-sized sedans all my life. But this car doesn't feel small at all. I am tall and need lots of legroom and headroom, and this car fits the bill perfectly. The four-cylinder engine is quite peppy and has great pick-up. It's average on mileage, but still much better than any car I've ever owned. I love the rear back-up camera and the bluetooth connectivity. I have the base model and it is still very well equipped. It would be nice to have a power seat, but that is a small point. And the price was right. I came in under budget on this car. I look forward to many good years from this car."

very very nice

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, luxury"

Cons: "mileage"

"poorer mileage than i would like, but handles like a sports car!"

Not your Grandfathers Buick

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Quiet and smooth ride"

Cons: "gas filler on right side of car instead of drivers"

"Have owned this car for two years and have had no problems at all. Fit and finish is outstanding. Its a very quiet and smooth riding car. This is my third Buick and I feel it is the best one yet. The only negative I can say about this car is the gas filler should be on the drivers side of the car. Other than that, its an outstanding vehicle."

Value!!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of Features for the Price!"

"Just a Heads up I do sell vehicles. I sell 7 Brands and My 2012 Buick Verano is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned. My Family likes to travel and to date we have 58,000 Miles. I am still on my First Set of tires and expect to get 70K to 80K out of them. The Leather is still just as soft as the Day I took it home! You get a lot of features for the Money. I got the Standard model and it still had touchscreen, bluetooth with USB Port and Audio Jack. Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel Remote Start and much more! I have averaged 31 MPG!! not bad for a car that window stickers at 32 MPG on the highway! If you are looking for a Good car with lots of Features at a Great Price You should buy a Verano!"

Has a few design flaws

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"This vehicle overall is a good car, but has a few design flaws. Everything is automatic except the seats. It took me three months to find the third lever. (hidden under the seat belt)What gives? It also has several blind spots, so you have to check, and double check before changing lanes. It is difficult to get in and out of if you have any physical limitations such as bad knees,back,etc. This vehicle would probably be great for someone in their 20's or 20's."

Excellent vehicle, great value!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Great car, even an entry level model is loaded with opptions. Quiet, great ride, good mix of performance and economy. 2 years, 19,000 miles and not one complaint."

outstanding ride,performance

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "best value period!!!!"

Cons: "only one= NONE"

"I have owned 68 vehicles since 1963 by far the Verano is in my top 10 way beyond BMW 3 Audi A4 MB C series the Verano is not my father's car. to qoute a few auto enthusiasts. Buick needs to keep ignoring the rhetoric that the US can't build GREAT CARS"

EXCELLENT 8TH BUICK I'VE OWNED

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Luxury, comfortable, features, gas mileage, quiet"

"Being buying Buick cars for years love the rides, style and comfortable interior out all them. My last model was a Lesabre bought it 8 years ago and traded on a more luxurious Verano love it more. This car is supposed to be a luxury slash economical car something with (Chevy Cruze and Dodge Dart) but the more features have the car is better in quality and supportive ride. It have excellent gas mileage gets 30 miles per gallon. Interior is quiet as looks very totally appealing on the design has on a roomier cabin. It was fully equipped with Hard drive radio for iPod interface, USB connections, Hard drive navigation, heated seats, blind spot warning, sunroof, xenon automatic on/off headlights, steering controls and more. The 4 cylinder engine makes have a fun quietly ride on smooth drive with effortless performance its a fast compact car. Love the new looks as have all whistles and bells for a cheaper car with being top of the line. Buick Is Back on making luxury cars like from early 1990s to mid 80s with options included on everything includes a OnStar and remote starting button a great luxury car."

very disappointed

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "don't have any, only had it for a week"

Cons: "reliablilty is now very suspect"

"had an equinox previously, but it wasn't a buick! have had a lesabre, century, regal and lucerne. this thing died & had to be towed in in the middle of the night,fortunately i was only 5 miles from home. it wouldn't unlock doors, trunk and on star didn't work! it was like the car didn't want to talk to the key fob or vice versa."

Most miserable Buick u have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I have had Buicks for the past fifty years and loved them. I plan to get another one. I cannot believe that Buick would make another lemon like the Verano. My previous Buick was a Lucerne and it was wonderful. Beautiful, and the car every one would want. Why they stopped making them is beyond me. The Verano has a miserable steering wheel adjustment, I hate that the gas tank is not on the driver's side of the car, it means I must leave my side of the car (where my purse is) vacant and open to theft. There is no compass that can be seen from the passenger side of the car, and the seat belt frequently gets caught in the door when it is being closed. Worst of all it is very difficult to get into. Other than that the car is very dependable."

Love Driving this car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Drives great, easy to get in and out of I am 66"

Cons: "No garage door opener,"

"Love the car but I wish it had a garage door opener on it. Love the heated seats but I would trade the heated steering wheel for garage door opener. Also surprised no power seat on passenger seat. LOVE the lane assistant to help with the dead spot all cars have. Very happy we got this car."

2013 Verano - very nice luxury compact!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "composed ride, near-luxury vibe, excellent value"

Cons: "manual seat adjust, no outside trunk release"

"Wanted a domestic near-luxury compact instead of expensive foreign makes or the usual mid-sized choices. The Verano fit the bill perfectly. Tasteful two-tone interior, understated exterior styling, and perfect size for an empty-nester or young professional. The motor is only average in power and MPG, but the overall goodness of the car for the price is undeniable. The well-equipped base model seems to be the best value, if you can forgo the Convenience or Leather packages. Comfortable leatherette/cloth front seats, stylish gauges and dash, amazingly roomy trunk, and acceptable back seat."

Great daily driver

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "performance, comfort, mileage, leather"

Cons: "No exterior trunk release, auto shift transmission"

"I bought this car after putting 130K on my SRT-4. I needed a car for work related travel without losing my soul to a boring sedan. This one hit the mark perfectly. the turbo pulls it great and the engineers seem to have found the sweet spot for comfort and performance. I get better mileage than listed and I don't drive slowly... I wanted to buy an American car, but didn't rule out anything. I am very happy with this car!"

awesome ride quality.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

"rides very good.no problems to date.good looking car,wife picked it out.only down side is car is underpowered."

i do not reccomend buying this car.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "rides and drives like a cheap car."

"Rides and drives like a cheap car. What else can I say."

5 Month Review

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Value, engineering quality."

Cons: "None in 5 months."

"I purchased this 2013 Verano last June for $21,535 "out the door". This price also included the $500 upgrade for the Carbon Black Metallic paint. You cannot buy a similarly priced car with the engineering quality, extremely quiet ride and actual feel of the Verano. With 4 people on board this car handles and performs very well on the road. I drove other "small" cars with the same load, and they handled poorly. I have also gotten mechanic's reviews on this car, and it's quality is very good. This review is coming from a Conservative who said he would never buy another GM. Give it a test drive."

Love it!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Great price for feeling of luxery."

Cons: "Lumbar support too much if you are short."

"My husband and I were looking for a reasonably priced car that had at least some feeling of luxury. Not easy to do! We found the Verano and were in love with it. Granted we did lease, but the monthly price was less than the lease on his Honda Civic (which I HATED). You feel like you are driving a 45K car w/ the leatherette interior (OK so that's the nice term for fake leather, but it is very nice looking/feeling), very comfy seats, quiet interior cabin even doing 85 mph on the highway and handles so well. Even the lower end model we bought has some nice upgrades like the touch screen and HUGE back up camera (I have a GMC Terrain and it's back up camera is worthless). Excellent gas mileage on the highway. We averaged 38 mpg on our most recent long trip. Fair in the city. We actually like this car so much that we decided to buy out the lease when my lease is up on the Terrain, and I'm taking it! My only complaint would be that at 5'3" it is difficult to find lumbar support that doesn't end up in my thoracic spine. That is a little issue w/ the drivers seat and I have yet to figure out if I can adjust it. But overall, I/We are very happy with this car."