2013 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,269 - $23,924.

10/7.0

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

2013 Verano - very nice luxury compact!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "composed ride, near-luxury vibe, excellent value"

Cons: "manual seat adjust, no outside trunk release"

"Wanted a domestic near-luxury compact instead of expensive foreign makes or the usual mid-sized choices. The Verano fit the bill perfectly. Tasteful two-tone interior, understated exterior styling, and perfect size for an empty-nester or young professional. The motor is only average in power and MPG, but the overall goodness of the car for the price is undeniable. The well-equipped base model seems to be the best value, if you can forgo the Convenience or Leather packages. Comfortable leatherette/cloth front seats, stylish gauges and dash, amazingly roomy trunk, and acceptable back seat."

perhaps the best car in class from GM

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "fantastic price, library quiet, high lux & tech"

Cons: "mpg, acceleration, rear seat leg room"

"I took delivery on my base Verano earlier this week. $22,000 out the door, about a $2,000 discount to the sticker with delivery charges. this car is based on the cruze platform, but is closer in size to the malibu, and has a 2.4 liter engine unavailable in the cruze. the fake leather is shockingly realistic. the car is vault like quiet (triple laminated glass, a hundred pounds of sound deadening material). the intellilink system has bluetooth, a rear view camera, XM, CD, onstar, pandora, USB and more - all standard on the base model. mileage is running around 28 mpg around town. "Barely average" according to other reviews. And at 180 hp this isn't going to blow away any civic SI's or BMW 328s. But get this - this car is dimensially larger than a 328 or civic, has MUCH higher content and technology; 18 inch allow wheels, and much quieter. Sharp looking too. I do have gripes - but I accepted these going into it, they weren't a surprise. gas filler is on the right. parking brake is a funky button on the console, not a proper handbrake. no overhead bin for sunglasses or garage remote. donut spare (at least it has one at all); knee room in the rear is tight if you put the front seats all the way back. The trunk is huge - they could have taken 4 inches out of that and used in the rear seat. This car will not out-accelerate or out corner a 328. But it beats it for NVH, standard content, and warranty. And did I mention it stickers for $24,000 (I paid 22) vs. $37 for a base 328? I am in a $215 a month zero down 39 month lease. This is another concern - I usually don't keep a car quite that long. I don't like leases. But $215 a month is great."

Very Smart Buy

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Great price, interior and toys are wonderful"

Cons: "Back seats are on the small side..."

"I have owned this vehicle for approximately 3 months, and the more time goes by, the more I realize what a smart buy it was. MPG is not the greatest, but it is not bad either. The interior is awesome - I think it is very comparable to my brother's BMW at a MUCH lower price. The vehicle handles great, and it provides for a pleasant drive to work every morning..."

The Verano is stylish, reliable,and comfortable

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Fuel Economy, Stylish"

Cons: "No power seats"

"I have three kids and the buick fits us comfortably. I love the Onstar and built in touch screen satellite radio. The mpg is great and the fuel is very reasonable. The leather seats trimming is a plus. Overall I love my 2012 luxury car."

Very Happy!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, zippy, handles great, front leg room"

Cons: "rear leg room, cloth/vinyl seats, climate settings"

"I have had my Verano for a little over a year. We bought it in summer (fitting given it's name) and I drove it through it's first winter here in Michigan. It handled and handles amazingly in rain, snow, and shine. It is really nice for 2 person road trips. It's a little tight for 4 adults to fit in for long (3+hr) road trips, but does it's best to accommodate. The rear trunk space is excellent. The folding rear seats are very easy to use for larger items. Gas mileage isn't comparable to fuel efficient brothers, however, I noticed that when I turn off the traction control I can hit 30MPG easily with a mix of freeway and city driving. If I don't turn it off I get about 26 in the city and 29 freeway. I am not a slow driver. I have to navigate around a lot of large semi trucks on the freeway. I drive 37 miles to work, then back again, each day so for me the fuel economy is great. I love the pick-up and pep in the car. The sound system is really nice for not being bose or alpine. The lack of outside noise is to die for! I am always shocked when I roll down my windows and hear a loud motorcycle. I simply roll the windows back up and enjoy the silence. I really love my Verano. I have had a few problems that the dealership has taken care of. One was a recall. The other was a bit more tricky I guess. Ultimately, in the year I have had the car, I feel I made the right purchase."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25