2012 Buick Verano

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "Excellent small luxury car - smooth, quiet, comfy"

Cons: "There aren't any of any significance"

"I have had this car for over a year now. I love it because it is a very well put together package. It is comfortable, quiet, smooth, handsome, and full of features. First I think the look is very handsome and sophisticated both in and out. The interior is surprisingly comfortable. You feel so at ease. It just fits with nothing that ends up bugging you. I love that. It is very quiet. I love quiet cars. This is one of the best at that. I can only think of a couple things that could be better. 1, The little windows up front block too much view, should have just been a single window glass. 2, the engine could be stronger. A little more torque down low and it would be perfect. Still quite competent though. Those are really just areas that could be improved, they aren't really criticisms. I have averaged 26.7 mpg since I have owned the car. Not bad in my opinion. I love this car and plan on keeping it for 10+ years. The Verano is so well put together I think it will be just as nice in 10 years as it is today. I just don't understand why this car doesn't get more love. They always list the Audi as the best car. The wife had an Audi once and if you ever have to repair it, you are better off just leaving it somewhere and walking away because it will cost you more than a new Verano. Professional reviews never consider living long-term with a vehicle. If you purchase a car intending on keeping it a decade or more like I do, I don't know how you could beat the Verano in this segment."

Want to be in my car all the time

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "quiet comfy"

Cons: "not the greatest mpg, but worth the ride"

"Great comfortable ride. Quiet. Seats like a puff marshmallow. I've driven/ridden in other cars (toyota, honda) and their seats are like hard cardboard compared to Buick. Has everything you'd want, standard, like usb,aux, touchscreen, ect. Really enjoying this car. It also takes E85, which has been saving me around 50 cents per gallon compared to regular fuel. I've been getting 19 city."

2013 Verano - very nice luxury compact!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "composed ride, near-luxury vibe, excellent value"

Cons: "manual seat adjust, no outside trunk release"

"Wanted a domestic near-luxury compact instead of expensive foreign makes or the usual mid-sized choices. The Verano fit the bill perfectly. Tasteful two-tone interior, understated exterior styling, and perfect size for an empty-nester or young professional. The motor is only average in power and MPG, but the overall goodness of the car for the price is undeniable. The well-equipped base model seems to be the best value, if you can forgo the Convenience or Leather packages. Comfortable leatherette/cloth front seats, stylish gauges and dash, amazingly roomy trunk, and acceptable back seat."

Great small car

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior, great features and looks great."

Cons: "No power seat."

"I was reluctant to purchase a small car after driving full and mid-sized sedans all my life. But this car doesn't feel small at all. I am tall and need lots of legroom and headroom, and this car fits the bill perfectly. The four-cylinder engine is quite peppy and has great pick-up. It's average on mileage, but still much better than any car I've ever owned. I love the rear back-up camera and the bluetooth connectivity. I have the base model and it is still very well equipped. It would be nice to have a power seat, but that is a small point. And the price was right. I came in under budget on this car. I look forward to many good years from this car."

perhaps the best car in class from GM

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "fantastic price, library quiet, high lux & tech"

Cons: "mpg, acceleration, rear seat leg room"

"I took delivery on my base Verano earlier this week. $22,000 out the door, about a $2,000 discount to the sticker with delivery charges. this car is based on the cruze platform, but is closer in size to the malibu, and has a 2.4 liter engine unavailable in the cruze. the fake leather is shockingly realistic. the car is vault like quiet (triple laminated glass, a hundred pounds of sound deadening material). the intellilink system has bluetooth, a rear view camera, XM, CD, onstar, pandora, USB and more - all standard on the base model. mileage is running around 28 mpg around town. "Barely average" according to other reviews. And at 180 hp this isn't going to blow away any civic SI's or BMW 328s. But get this - this car is dimensially larger than a 328 or civic, has MUCH higher content and technology; 18 inch allow wheels, and much quieter. Sharp looking too. I do have gripes - but I accepted these going into it, they weren't a surprise. gas filler is on the right. parking brake is a funky button on the console, not a proper handbrake. no overhead bin for sunglasses or garage remote. donut spare (at least it has one at all); knee room in the rear is tight if you put the front seats all the way back. The trunk is huge - they could have taken 4 inches out of that and used in the rear seat. This car will not out-accelerate or out corner a 328. But it beats it for NVH, standard content, and warranty. And did I mention it stickers for $24,000 (I paid 22) vs. $37 for a base 328? I am in a $215 a month zero down 39 month lease. This is another concern - I usually don't keep a car quite that long. I don't like leases. But $215 a month is great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Verano near Honolulu. See local deals