1993 Buick Skylark

7.6

Based on 84 Ratings for the 1992 - 1998 models.

Good car for the money

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Affordable, comfortable, smooth driver, decent mpg"

Cons: "Bad head gasket, slow, low to ground"

"I bough this car in 2008 with 69000 miles for under two grand. I have had to replace the starter once, the muffler a couple of times, the coil pack and the brake lines (that was pricey). The power window motors are sometimes a little iffy but I've never had to replace any of them. Other than that it has been a tremendous vehicle, I have never had to worry about it breaking down or not starting. The interior isn't fancy but I like it and the seats are comfortable. It doesn't accelerate fast but it handles very well. It sits fairly low to the ground so you have to watch out for steep driveways and the like. This car is notorious for having bad head gaskets which usually renders the car useless somewhere between eighty and one-hundred twenty thousand miles. I have actually had the head gasket on my vehicle looked at and they told me it looked fine, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My car has already exceeded its "life expectancy" but I think that's pretty rare. You don't see many on the road any more because of the head gasket problem; that's why I wouldn't recommend the vehicle to anyone else."

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive"

Cons: "cup holders on glove compartment"

"gets 31 miles per gal . Interior good . Exterior good . Cracked front fiber glass bumper. Have complete work history on this vehicle"

Very dependable car.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable car and good on gas."

Cons: "Switches seem to be a common problem."

"I have owned my 95 Skylark for 3 years having only to replace a water pump when I first purchased it, ever since I've only had regular maintenance done to it. Very good car for travleing, it has taken me to Las Vegas and San Deigo and I travel to San Bernadina (120 miles round trip) sometimes twice a week. Very good stering and I don't spend a lot on gas. However, my windows switches went out and some of my maintenance lights came on after I had the brakes repaired and the oil changed."

Sporty looking exterior!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "good mpg, sporty looking, comfortable, and reliabl"

Cons: "back seating and trunk could use more space."

"I have owned this car for last 9 years and it has been an extremely reliable car. Purchased at 109,000 and currently at 279,000 it still runs smoothly. The biggest downfall with this car is the rear passenger seating. A bit cramped back there if you need any room up front. Otherwise a great looking and smooth running vehicle as long as it is taken care of properly. 28mpg"

Wonderful Car

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel mileage comfortable"

Cons: "14" tires"

"Best car we ever owned all the options you'd want. Fully loaded. Great fuel mileage Even for a smaller sedan great value. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of leg room. Drives great and reliable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Skylark near Honolulu. See local deals