1999 Buick Riviera

Based on 136 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

1999 Buick Riveria Super Charged - Powerful

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive - Compliments on the style"

Cons: "SuperCharger - cost big when it goes out"

"The Last year of the Riveria - probably won't be a collector car - but it should be. Only Issue - SuperCharger - mine went out - to get a used one installed cost over $1,100.00. There are small issues as the car ages - the panel for the air condition went out - air still works but - you can't read the temp, etc. I have 115,000 miles and the comfort of this car is still outstanding. I get compliments almost everyday on the style - either you Love it or Hate it. I Love it!! The milage is impressive 27 on the Highway - 20 in the city, only Negative it uses Prem Gas. I would love to find one with low miles - I would buy it in a heartbeat."

Best Car I have owned.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "comfort, great gas mileage, low maintenance."

"1997 Buick Riv. My father bought it new, and in 2004 I got it from him. Always reliable, Great gas mileage - 30 plus on the freeway, and about 26 mpg regularly. Very comfortable. Needed only simple routine maintenence to keep it going. At just over 200,000 miles needed a fuel pump, at 208,000 needed a plenum gasket (2nd time), around 210,000 the frame/(subframe?) rusted out on the passenger side...I had a new (used) frame installed because I felt the car was worth it, 220,000 new rear shocks (2nd set). Now the car has around 240,000 miles and is still a strong runner, everything works, too (even the air conditioning)."

A great performance car 4.7 Overall

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I really like my 1997 Rivieria it now has 117,000 miles and has had only a few problems. I kept it well maintained and have truly enjoyed this car. The sun roof is a real plus and I have not seen many with a sun roof. Also mine is supercharged and what power."

Love this car

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"When I called Buick to ask them why they discontinued the Riviera in 1999 when I had hoped to buy another, they stated that the market was not there for a luxury coupe. Funny, it seems to be there for Mercedes, BMW, and many others. The styling is still fresh and not dated. It still does not look like anything else out there. Very quiet and comfortable. Nice finish on everything (unlike it's Aurora cousin). Plenty of power for a car its size and fun to drive. This car has never let me down in over 170K miles and still rides like a new car. Buick had a concept car called the LaCrosse a few years ago that was very much like the Riviera but got canned. I was waiting in line for that car. The actual LaCrosse that came out was not anything like it. While Buick still tries to throw some style in their line, they have gotten much more conservative and mainstream."

Smooth operator

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"This is definitely a great car with incredible room inside for a coupe. I personally love the contemporary design. The car has great amenities that are found in current luxury cars like a compass, air ride suspension, dual ac/heating controls, digital cd/radio, remote trunk opener, integrated garage door opener. It is just an overall great vehicle. Parts for the car have been easy to find. These cars are at least ten years old though so be sure to have the car checked out well to make sure that expensive repair items like ac compressor, air ride compressor, shock absorbers, etc are well functioning."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Riviera near Honolulu. See local deals