1999 Buick Riviera

Based on 126 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Great on road or around town, stylish & Powerful

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "powerful luxury sedan"

Cons: "cup holders not very convenient for driver"

"An American Icon. Love it!"

Always Looking for Another Riv

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Reason: College Tuition

Pros: "Performance, Comfort, Styling, Ease of DIY repairs"

Cons: "big big big doors. long arms needed."

"To Begin; We purchased this Riviera with the intention to do a repair or two and sell it for more to help with our son's college tuition. That said, it took NO time for me to fall in Love with it. We had the 1997 Supercharged unit and WOW - that kind of performance AND 33 MPG! - we have owned a lot of cars and picked up a number of skills and I must say, the internet is an incredible jewel for DIY maintenance tutorials. The 'Cam Sensor' code was present and this is a tough/tough repair simply because it is such a chore to get at. Upon research on a Riviera Performance blog we found that it is common for the cluster of wires that goes up to the firewall are wound kinda tight and the 'black wire' is typically the culprit for this issue. replacing this stretch of wire too only about $3.00 to fix...the check engine light went out and this baby continued its incredible performance. I actually had chosen to keep the Riv but we needed to pay for college so...after much too little time enjoying this fine machine, we sold it for a nice profit. The shape, the comfort and feel I had while behind the wheel were all top notch. Because I can compare our road experience in this superb personal luxury coupe to the Lexus LS, Acura RL, Infiniti Q45 and Park Ave Ultra that we have owned over the years, I feel pretty well equipped to attest as to its tremendous ride. NONE of those fine vehicles I mentioned came anywhere near as close to the little Honda Civic-like MPG that this full-size lux cruiser does. Really incredible how little pedal it took to get the supercharged power plant up to speed. Cruising at 70 MPH only took 1700 RPMs...years ago, I lost my nerve to see what a vehicle 'will do' so we never took it up above 80 and that was on accident simply because it rode so smoothly. Side note: we since bought a 1995 Riviera and chose not to keep it after getting rear ended. Minor as it was, that unit did not have lumbar support, which I really like, and it was not supercharged. Funny thing though, the handling was nowhere near as crisp. Afterwards, I came across a publication that mentioned the 1997 model year had a significant improvements in the front end. Thus, my recommendation: If you are more familiar with crisp/tight handling vehicles, you will prefer the 1997 or newer Riv - either way though, this is perhaps the most stylistically pleasing, comfortable and economical lux couple one can buy - Go For It!!"

Very reliable car!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, style, great fuel economy, roomy interior"

Cons: "Uncommon parts - what is a thermistor anyway?"

"I love this car for several reasons. I love the 2 door design with a huge back seat super easy for the grandkids to get in and out of. I love the comfort! I have severe lumbar arthritis and this is the only vehicle I can ride comfortably in for more than an hour. I love the fuel economy! for a car this large and comfortable, 30+ mpg is awesome! I love the reliability! I've owned this car for several years and as with any high mileage vehicle, mechanical issues are inevitable. This car has never left me on the side of the road. It compensates for mechanical failure and at least lets me get home or to a mechanic. I wish I could turn back the odometer and keep her forever!"

I have an 18 year love afair with this car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"I am the sole owner of this great car. It is well maintained and stored in garage when not out for a drive."

Reliable and comfortable

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Cruising at any speed in comfort."

Cons: "Buick doesn't makem anymore."

"I purchased this vehicle 15 years ago and She's still going strong today. I have driven many different makes and models of cars which really makes me appreciate the head/leg room and overall comfort the Riviera provides. The reliability has been great, vehicle has never been towed and it always starts. I have serviced the intake gaskets/plenum, water pump 2X, struts/shocks, battery 1X and normal service items in the life of the vehicle. Hope she cruises forever. Two strangers have walked up to me offered to buy my Riviera but some things are worth more than money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Riviera near Honolulu. See local deals