1997 Buick Riviera

Based on 130 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

T

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Drives klLike new"

"This car is cherry. Always garaged. Looks like new. 40,000 actual miles still smells new. Loaded"

Rivieras are the best

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"I have owned 6 rivieras and have had high mileage on all of them. the 1997 gets great mileage and I haven't had to do any major repairs--just what one would expect on a 17 year old car with 271,000 miles on it."

Complete Garbage

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reason: Breakdowns and eats Nickel and Dimes every day

Pros: "Quiet Ride"

Cons: "Designed to fail at 125,000 miles and it did"

"Replaced in 14 months and 15k miles April 2001-Feburary 2003: 125K-140k miles Engine overhaul, Transmission, Supercharger x 2( used 60K and brand new),pcv valve, fuel filter, air filter, front struts ,7 oil/filter changes,3 transmission flushes and filters, rear shocks, suspension air compressor, plugs wires, climate control module, blower motor, radiator, rack and pinion, headlights, spark plugs and wires, harmonic balancer, engine belts. It was in the GM dealership for repairs consistently every week for approximately $25,000 in repair bills/ maint. costs. Bought from GM dealership for $7300 sold for $3800 This car cost me over 30k dollars to drive for 1/2 the year since it was being repaired half the time."

Worst Mistake I Have Ever Made

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Excellent steering, quick response"

Cons: "Randomly Quits, very unreliable"

"I thought that I hit the jackpot with this car when I bought it two years ago. Since then, it has quit on numerous occasions. I was stranded at night when it decided to quit while I was turning the corner, I had to start walking home and I live in the country. It is important for me to have a reliable car because I have a job and am in college. Today the car died while I was braking at a stoplight and it wouldn't start again for almost five minutes. It makes me a nervous wreck every time I drive it because it is like a time bomb, you never know when it is going to quit. The car itself is a very stylish maroon color and it drives like a dream, that is, when it doesn't quit. I have heard that a lot of GM/Buick cars have this problem, and I don't understand why they can't figure out what is wrong and fix it. It also only has two (bulky) doors that are hard to open and always cause me to hit the car beside me. The seating in the back is comfy, but the front is not very spacious. Steering wheel turns perfect and you can make sharp turns. I would give this car at least an 8/10 if only it didn't quit on me, I'm really disappointed. Look it up on the internet and you will see that other people have this same problem, I'm trying to save someone else the trouble of having this car quit, because it is definitely not fun when it happens."

Great on road or around town, stylish & Powerful

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "powerful luxury sedan"

Cons: "cup holders not very convenient for driver"

"An American Icon. Love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Riviera near Honolulu. See local deals