2014 Buick Regal Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,764 - $29,409.

10/7.1

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

ok

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "ok"

Cons: "ok"

"ok"

Just ok came out of a bmw to this. Not impressed

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Poor visibility. Navigation hiccups . Lots of body squeaks"

This review isnt from a Grandma! I'm only 24!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive on windy roads, space"

Cons: "the back up sensors randomly goes off sometimes"

"I've had this car now for a little over 2 years now and I got it with 7000 miles on it. I have had little problems with this car. I live in the frigid north in Minnesota and I have to have the heated seats. The only problem is that the diverside seat broke in 2013, after only having it for 1 year, but it was no hassle to get it fixed since it was under warranty. The turbo cuts my gas mileage way down for city to average about 17.5mpg. Straight highway is average about 28. I've seen it hit 34 when I'm on the hey for more that 15 min but am mostly a city driver. Plenty of room in the car for my 6'2" husband and my two 100 pound dogs. Good trip car. Driving from twin cities to Minot ND (500+ miles) in less than 2 tanks of gas. Really smooth ride and it has that giddy up to beat out that other car trying to cut you off. I don't like going slow and this car doesn't disappoint me at all. It's the ultimate sleeper car because the guy next to you will only see a Buick and think granny but when you pass him he'll realize his mistake!"

Love this car. Fun to drive & nice to look at.

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and great looking"

Cons: "my tall husband finds it a little cramped"

"I have owned this car for over two years and it has proven to be a very reliable car. Except for maintenance, it has not been in the shop. It is great looking and fun to drive."

Solid European handling and driving experience

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "european turbo acceleration and handling/feel"

Cons: "loud sunroof and clunky bluetooth"

"I was a SAAB owner and was looking for a replacement after the SAABs downfall. The Buick Regal Turbo has the european scale, handling sensibility, gas mileage and turbo to get close to the SAAB without breaking $35K (although the latest versions may do that). Only issues I've had with the car are 1) a loud sunroof that two dealers still could not get right - I just close the solid panel to cut down noise if it is loud and 2) bluetooth and entertainment connectivity was very clunky at first - but now I've figured out how to work around the system. I normally lease and turn in, but I'm going to buy this car and give it to my college age daughter to use - a solid buy."

great car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "enjoyable ride, good mileage, looks great"

Cons: "bulky key"

"I like driving this car it rides comfortably with enough power to move well at highway speeds. Gas mileage has been about 21 city and 30 highway. The edge of the roof liner was not finished properly, the dealer replaced all the parts it looks great now. The key for the push button start is bulky in my pocket and the "switchblade" manual key pops open in my pocket too often also the other buttons get pushed in my pocket. i have found my trunk open more than once. car looks great i realy like it"

very nice car black on black tinted windows

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sporty with a nice feel of control"

"the car has been troule free I just wish it was a turbo need just a little more power on the hwy very good gas mileage 21 city 31 hwy nice car"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Lots"

"Good mileage, performance, dependability, styling. I've had this car for over a year and a half. It is hard to imagine how they can get so much power out of a 2.0 4 cylinder engine."

My best Buick ever

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "what's not to love about this car"

Cons: "As with any car MPG in cold weather not the best"

"I have had this car for over a year and it has been 100% problem free. it averages 34 MPG on trips with instantaneous 99MPG at 65 MPH. with this past hot summer the air cools the car down very quickly. it handles great in the snow with the stock 18" tires and wheels, stops fast and straight and hugs the road. and it is a very comfortable car, the sun roof is a nice touch for cooler days. I have received many complements from other drivers, so what's not to love about this car"

Glad I bought this Buick over Audi A4 or Acura TSX

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, looks good, good mpg"

Cons: "small cup holders only big enough for 12 ounce can"

"This has been a great car, with incredible performance from the Turbo driven engine that pulls this 3800lb safety factory through any kind of weather in pure comfort. It also boasts the ability to use E-85, though you will see a drop in gas mileage to about what the EPA bases on its sticker. Over the past 25 months I have got consistent milage on 87 octane gas of 23 City and #2-34 HWY. It handles very sharply and while the ride isn't plush at all times, it is no different from any car with these handling characteristics. It definitely not your fathers Buick. Its held it's value as well. The interior tan leather needs to be cleaned yearly, but the entire vehicle works as designed, even with my iPhone. The one thing I will say is that the E-85 does pull any fuel grime from the tank and sends it forward to the fuel filter, so I am about to replace that. Other than that it is a fine car, and I don't have to use premium gas, as fuel prices in NY are already high enough. The metallic stone paint rarely shows dirt and always looks fairly clean, even during Winter. I've had driven this car from NY round trip to Las Vegas as well as round trip to Charleston, SC and have really enjoyed it. The only other car I've owned that was similar in enjoyment was an Infiniti Q45, but without the addd fuel costs and massive repair costs. This was built in West Germany, and is built well. I have heard that the new versions built in the US have some reliability issues, but I haven't seen any in this version."

Dont buy this car- its terrible

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "brakes, tires, electrical, motor, and acceleration"

"I would never buy another Buick regal. Worst gas mileage ever, the radio stations constantly change by themselves, power roof stop working three times, tires are constantly loosing are pressure, motor jumps and accelerates by itself, Bluetooth does not recognize your voice, the trunk will just open by itself, serious electrical problems with this vehicle, rough ride, and i had to have the brakes replaced twice because of the squeaking loud noise, and the rotor had to be replaced. wish someone had warned me."

Solid feel

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "great value for price Plus warrantee"

Cons: "would like a little more pick up from 0-25"

"I just purchased this vehicle a short time ago. My only hesitation was having a "old person" car. I made my purchase knowing I liked the car, but loved the bumper to bumper warrantee until 62,000 miles or 3 years. Not bad since I did not have to deal with the loss of value from driving off the lot brand new since I purchased it with 14,000 miles."

Convenience & Safety Flaws

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Seat warmers are fast heating!"

Cons: "Key remote; Often find trunk open. Very sensitive."

"When at stop sign or light, the vehicle creeps forward on its own. Your cell phone is required to be manually connected to vehicle in order to listen to the music on your cell phone. The voice command to make calls does not effectivley recognize commands/requests. Radio functions/Settings continuously have to be reprogrammed The navigation will not auto download and or recognize addresses from your address book. You must download these manually which takes approx. 5 minutes per contact. I have been to three different dealers; they gave two explanations. 1. "Were not sure" and 2. You will have to live with it. If anyone knows how to resolve any of the above issues, please let me know. Bob"

I absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "The total package, quality made!"

Cons: "small trunk"

"I bought this car new-- 2012 Buick Regal w/eAssist, sunroof, intellilink, Premium 2 package, LED lights, french stitched leather interior, keyless startup (which I can also do from my iPhone!!), bluetooth, parking rear assist,... I could go on and on! This car is the full package. It rides so smoothly, the cabin is so quiet and comfortable! I love the heated seats and dual temperature (since my husband and I prefer totally different temperatures). The Harmon Kardon sound system with the well insulated cabin makes you feel like you're in a theater every time you listen to music! I also love the OnStar app and Sirius Radio that came with the car. OnStar even runs diagnostics on your car when you request it! With the OnStar app on your phone, you can also check your oil, tire pressure, gas %, send your car navigation, start your car from your phone... AHHH! Very on the front end of technology!) According to my car, I am getting 30mpg avg. Can't complain about that! This is a great car. Rides SO smooth-- looks sharp inside and out!"

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Great looking car.. The ride is fantastic with great power for a 4 cylinder... I have the 20in wheels on mine.. Great sounding sound system as well.."

Owned 7 vehicles and I've found my love...

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Stylish and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bluetooth - first ring always loud"

"No matter what angle I look at this car from, this car has style. I love the size and the way it feels when I drive it. I've owned a Tacoma, Accord Coupe, Jetta, Legacy, but this car has surpassed my expectations. Overall I love this car and would get this car again if I got the chance of making a choice again...I just hope it ends up having a durable lifespan (pay it of before it starts giving issues). As a young professional I say its an excellent car!"

Sporty comfort, great looks, very happy

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, 4 cyl with V6 pwr"

Cons: "none so far"

"Having owned pure sports cars and full luxury cars I am truly pleased with my 2012 Regal GS. This is a definite must drive for anyone wanting both in one package without breaking the bank. I factory ordered my car a few months before production began and have had it for almost 12 months now. In normal suspension mode the ride and noise level is very good on bumpy and rougher roads but when you find a nice smooth road with a few corners, push the GS button and it handles like a track car. I love the 6 speed for both the fun of it, (and the very good milage when I choose to drive it more conservatively). Plenty of room, my wife and I have taken many trips with 2 sets of golf clubs and all our luggage. The back seat is large enough for adults or to keep the kids happy with their own space. I absolutley love the support of the driver's seat and the layout of the cockpit. I have had to rent a number of competitor's cars over the past year when flying to other cities and really appreciate getting back in my Regal when I get home."

2011 totalled, liked it so much leased another one

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great equipment."

"Smooth ride, roomy, good styling."

Nice vehicle, unique styling.

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, interior very nice, easy to drive."

Cons: "No chrome wheels on this model in 2011."

"I like the styling, it somewhat changes the old stodgy Buick owners stereotype."

This is a great sporty car to drive.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice exhaust tone"

Cons: "Chrome shifter plate."

"The handling is superb. Love the great gas mileage with incredible low and mid-range power. The interior is quite and comfortable. The electronics are easy to use and functional. The only downside is the chrome plate on the shifter trim, it reflects sun in your eyes while driving. I overcame this by having the plate "black plated" which is more Euro looking than the chrome trim."

Best I have owned!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Great looker and great driver."

Cons: "Narrow back view."

"Bought this Regal GS 3 months ago; ABSOLUTELY love it! Very capable in ALL aspects of enthusiast driving. In GS mode, this car handles with the best of them, and in everyday driving, this car is all you could want. Nothing out there looks like it and the engine speaks volumes of where GM is going. I am absolutely satisfied with it. The dealership and sales rep were the easiest and most knowledgeable I have had the experience to deal with, and the service department personnel were super. I MOST HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone even contemplating looking at a Buick. Buy or lease it; you won't be sorry."

2011 Regal Turbo - Euro-designed sleeper

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Euro design & quality at a bargain price (used)"

Cons: "small cupholders, seats not for everyone"

"Having previously owned Saab, Audi, BMW, I can state that this is a standout vehicle and a great value (especially used). Buick logos aside, this is an award-winning, autobahn-bred Opel Insignia from Germany. From all I read, I agree the 2.0L Turbo is definitely the one to have. Unlike BMW 328i, the Regal runs on regular gas and with smooth regular tires (NOT clunky and expensive run-flats). The interior is far nicer than BMW, while the turbo motor features more low-end torque and a broader mid-range power band. It is amazingly quiet as well. As with most Euro-sedans, it has a few quirks (some non-intuitive controls, very firm seats, and small cupholders), but features a luxurious interior and a modern aero-look exterior. While not quite the "driver's car" as a rear-drive sports sedan, the CXL exhibits no front-drive torque steer and has wonderfully neutral steering and handling. Plus it has many standard features that you would have to pay extra for in other makes, and some that are not even offered elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and check out the new Buick Regal. It is NOT your father's Buick, that's for sure!"

Yes, I would really rather have a Buick

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, crisp handling and On Star"

Cons: "No memory drivers seat"

"Have had the 2012 Buick Regal Premium 1 for five months now and no complaints. Traded in an 01 Century Special Edition that served well for 11 years, but started to have some age related maintenance issues. I mostly drive in the city and did not have a need for turbo power to get me up to 35 mph in a jiffy. On the expressway I am into using the cruise control for better mileage so the regular gas 2.4 engine fits the bill for me. I like the crisp handling and also like the way it takes the pot holes and bumps, typical of city driving, with ease. I chose the gold mist metallic exterior with the cashmere interior. Turned out to be a sharp color combination. The gold paint hides dirt, dust and road salt and keeps the car looking sharp between washes. With On Star if there is a problem on the road I can just press the blue button and a GM approved service technician will come. The trunk holds a surprising amount of "stuff" and the back seats fold flat. It was very easy to get used to the heated leather seats. You need the Premium 1 package to get the power passenger seat. I wasn't planning to subscribe, but started to like the sattelite radio and so renewed for another year. You don't see many Regals on the road. In fact, I make an announcement in the car when I see another pass by. I like the idea that my car is unique. Plus it is easy to find in a parking lot."

2012 Buick Regal Premium III Turbo

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Runs great, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Finishing touches on design.. headliner, paint"

"I bought this car after trading in an H3.. obviously the gas milease is excellent at 28mpg but the paint job is something to be desired. The trunk has multiple variances in the paint and while covered under warranty is annoying with 1,200 miles on it! The other thing I noticed is the design of the interior/exterior. The headliner, while secure is not visually appealing from the exterior. If you stand in front of the vehicle, you can actually see a "gap" between the headliner!! Interestingly, I have looked at several dealerships and all of the Regals have the same! Nice car, drives great but will most likely not buy another."

great style, value compared to imports

By on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Pros: "looks inside and out drive, value"

Cons: "deep narrow cupholders and small outside mirrors"

"had for 6 weeks. have TO6 package on 2011 turbo. the car drives handles well, mileage is about 28 combined city/highway. i would recommend this car to anybody that wants american with german roots. this car is so underated compared to imports.i like the 19 inch wheels,heated leather seats ride and most of all the compliments i get from people about it's looks."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next