2012 Buick Regal

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

2011 Regal Turbo - Euro-designed sleeper

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Euro design & quality at a bargain price (used)"

Cons: "small cupholders, seats not for everyone"

"Having previously owned Saab, Audi, BMW, I can state that this is a standout vehicle and a great value (especially used). Buick logos aside, this is an award-winning, autobahn-bred Opel Insignia from Germany. From all I read, I agree the 2.0L Turbo is definitely the one to have. Unlike BMW 328i, the Regal runs on regular gas and with smooth regular tires (NOT clunky and expensive run-flats). The interior is far nicer than BMW, while the turbo motor features more low-end torque and a broader mid-range power band. It is amazingly quiet as well. As with most Euro-sedans, it has a few quirks (some non-intuitive controls, very firm seats, and small cupholders), but features a luxurious interior and a modern aero-look exterior. While not quite the "driver's car" as a rear-drive sports sedan, the CXL exhibits no front-drive torque steer and has wonderfully neutral steering and handling. Plus it has many standard features that you would have to pay extra for in other makes, and some that are not even offered elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and check out the new Buick Regal. It is NOT your father's Buick, that's for sure!"

Ditched the European Vehicles for Buick

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great handling, styling and quiet"

Cons: "Wish it had memory driver seat"

"We were looking at Audi A4, BMW 3 series, and Mercedes C-class as well as the Buick. The styling of the Buick was richer on the interior as well as having great exterior lines. The Regal is quiet and smooth. We enjoyed our first one so much, we now have 2 in the garage. For the money, Buick beats the competition."

This car is so underrated

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "handling, conveniences, value, quality, styling"

Cons: "gas mileage-that's it-everything else is superb"

"First, important to note that for the past 10 years I was driving the "drivers" car. My joy in driving is to be able to feel the car jump and take turns without fear-all done safely. BMW sets the standard for me. I wanted to cut back, save some money but still be satisfied. The looks of the Regal made me at least give it a try, plus I used to be a Buick driver in my 20's and 30's-not the demographic for Buick. Anyway, this car drives great, the steering is tight, looser than BMW, but very good with the variable assist steering, the wheel does not move at highway speeds. This car has exceeded all my expectations and there is zero buyer remorse. I have the Turbo TO2. One negative, mostly local driving, is the MPG. With E85, just short of 12 mpg, with premium around 16."

Great value Great car

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I just bought a new Regal CXL without the turbo. I had test driven many others and this car by far outperformed all the others hands down. The quality and value is exceptional. You would expect to pay more money for a car of this caliber. Rides and handles like a dream. Buick is not your "old person" car anymore. I am only 36 and wanted a sporty, but luxureous ride and I hit the jackpot. Would highly recommend you test drive this car if you are in the market. Way to go GM!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Buick Regal. After driving it for 900 miles to get acquainted with the vehicle, my wife and I went on 3,300 mile Florida Trip. For 30 years I drove many different company cars, but this Buick is the best. No wind noise at all, great seating comfort, quiet running, good HVAC, smooth brakes, plenty of trunk volume, and very fuel economy. Average was 29.5 mpg with the standard 4 cyl. engine."