2012 Buick Regal

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

2012 Buick Regal Premium III Turbo

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Runs great, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Finishing touches on design.. headliner, paint"

"I bought this car after trading in an H3.. obviously the gas milease is excellent at 28mpg but the paint job is something to be desired. The trunk has multiple variances in the paint and while covered under warranty is annoying with 1,200 miles on it! The other thing I noticed is the design of the interior/exterior. The headliner, while secure is not visually appealing from the exterior. If you stand in front of the vehicle, you can actually see a "gap" between the headliner!! Interestingly, I have looked at several dealerships and all of the Regals have the same! Nice car, drives great but will most likely not buy another."

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Handling, style"

Cons: "Cup holders in awkward place"

"Had for 6 months now, no problems, great driving car, great highway mileage. Lots of compliments, overall very happy with car"

Great car for the price

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"This was my first car I ever purchased on my own. For 26k it comes loaded with just about every comfort option one needs. a comparable Impala (awful looking) costs just as much if not more. The engine is kind of underwhelming but it is smooth and quiet."

Just Perfect!

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Great driving experience. Comfort as expected and it will surprise you with its performance. Must have, in my opinion."

Great Style,German Quality, Performance,Comfort...

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Driving, Price, Quality of CXL R6 = A Winner"

Cons: "Haven't found any negatives"

"The Buick Regal CXL-R6 is a total driving experience. Compared the Mazda 6, Volkswagen CC, Lincoln MXZ, Acura, and every other sports sedan in its class both tech and real world. Bought the Regal and after 7000 miles realized that we didn't make a mistake. Great Comfortable Ride, Quality, Style,and Love to drive it. Handling ... It really goes where you point it. Really great wonderful lay out and size for 4 adults or two adults and kids (rear seating not as large as some others) That is what we bought it for. 2nd Vehicle is Avalanche, so Regal is perfect. The R6 option covers it all ... no turbo, so 87 octane regular forever. Would have to rate our overall experience a "10" in its class and under $ 38,000 price range."

Great all round car

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"I have owned this car now for 6 months. This is my everyday car and I own a porsche carerra. This car has it all. Heavy enough to handle any inclimate weather to hold the road nicely. Stylish and great comfort. I have 6k miles and love driving in it everyday. I could have a little more pep but with gas up around $4 i'll sacrafice and takes regular unleaded. I get all sorts of compliants asking about this car and who makes it. This has to be one of the most comfortable cars I have every owned. Looking forward to maybe getting the GS when my lease expires."

RL5 - Love it so far..

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"I recently purchased this vehicle and absolutely love it. I've read several reviews that talked about the engine performance being bleak but I have found that to be far from the truth. I was considering a Chevy Cruze or a Honda accord but the Buick just blew them both away. One caution however, If you're a younger driver (I'm 24), upon telling people you got a buick their first thought is a grandpaw car. You might get some strange looks until they see it!"

Excellent condition Great car best vehicle ever.

By on Monday, September 28, 2015

Pros: "Great price fun to drive"

"Great car in excellent condition This car is the finest car that I have ever owned or driven. I have no complaints."

coarse engine, funky transmission

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "engine and transmission miss the mark"

"Great handling and comfort, interior and exterior look great. Good features. Transmission hesitates and whines, engine has no power and sounds unrefined. Buick came close, maybe turbo and manual are better? Hard to find that combination. Can't wait for lease to end."

only similarity from past is the name buick regal.

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "LOOKS QUALITY LUXURY"

Cons: "PAST REPUTATION"

"Went to buy a Lexus....came home with a Buick Regal. Huh? AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I had a 06 is250 and this regal is so much more luxurious. True it has less punch but the tech, quiet ride, quality, and did I mention LOOKS?? Definite eye catcher! Nobody can believe its a Buick. This is the up and coming car to own.. For the value and quality it is a no brainer!"

great car

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "enjoyable ride, good mileage, looks great"

Cons: "bulky key"

"I like driving this car it rides comfortably with enough power to move well at highway speeds. Gas mileage has been about 21 city and 30 highway. The edge of the roof liner was not finished properly, the dealer replaced all the parts it looks great now. The key for the push button start is bulky in my pocket and the "switchblade" manual key pops open in my pocket too often also the other buttons get pushed in my pocket. i have found my trunk open more than once. car looks great i realy like it"

Great reliablity and drivng experience

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

"This car has 90000 miles and only one thing has gone wrong with it, which was then covered under the factory warranty. The heated seat (driver side quit working). Great gas mileage, awesome power (for its size), comfortable ride and handles great in the snow. The interior is comfortable and quite. Its a shame that the resale value has dropped so far. That would be my only complaint. I guess I'll drive it until it drops!"

my first car

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"this is my first car and i am a new driver but have driven an expedition & dodge grand caravan. i love this car it is comfortable, quiet & smooth driving. this will be my car for the rest of my life.. the only thing that bothers is me is when it rains the breaks scrape & it is really loud other then that its comfortable smooth & stylish. i am a 20 year old female & i love this car."

2011 totalled, liked it so much leased another one

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great equipment."

"Smooth ride, roomy, good styling."

great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great styling, Comfort, Gas mileage,"

Cons: "transmission jumpy from start"

"After several months driving this car I would have to say I enjoy it more everyday! This body platform has been incorporated into many of current and upcoming models including Chevy Malibu, Saab 95, etc. GM has done a great job using their European affiliation to bring back some excitement in their design program. While this car cannot quite compete with it's European rivals it is a big move forward in both design and function regarding what today's driver both expects and enjoys. This model will be an initial example of where the US goes to compete in the luxury market. Come on U.S.A. why can't we design cars like this!"

Own it Love it

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Read comments"

Cons: "no auto starter"

"They got it right is it really a GM car? I don't believe it, it GREAT and it rides GREAT and it looks GREAT. you have to drive one to believe it don't trust me go drive one I had mine nine mos. now you will love it try it before you buy anything else."

Quiet Comfort

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"This is a great car if you are looking for a car that has a great ride and is quiet. I average 21 mpg around town and have taken one trip of about 100 miles and averaged 26,7. Im sure once i get more mileage on the car and take a longer trip I will get the advertised 30 mpg on the highway. I would give it a 5 in performance but I am still adjusting to the transmission. Engine has plenty of power for the average driver. Give it a test drive and I think you will like it. Handles GREAT."

One of the nicest GM cars I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pros: "Strong performance with amazing MPG"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage compared to an Impala"

"Started out to get a 2014 Impala to replace my '08 Impala LTZ which I completely loved. Stumbled upon this 2014 Regal Turbo while walking the lot of a Buick dealer who had a few Impalas for sale. Salesman convinced to test drive the Buick and I was sold within 3 miles. Got back to the dealer, wrote a check and left my LTZ in the rear view mirror. This black on black Regal is an absolute total package: looks, performance and mileage. It is not my grandfather's Buick. Only negative is the awkward placement of the window controls and cup holders. Other than that it is a blast to own and drive."

Not the usual Buick quality

By on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy appearance, 30 mpg @ 73mpg"

Cons: "minor built quality."

"I love the care overall, but it has little aggravating problems: It three trips to the dealer to get the heated drivers seat repaired. The left turn signal on the left front quarter sticks out of the car because the brackets broke. The trip around the radio came off because the brackets broke. The cheap faux chrome on the driver's side hand started coming off and actually cit my hand. Other than that I love the car. Sexy looking. I completely detailed it with Mothers Premium Carnauba wax/cleaner, followed by their black label, followed by two coats of the black label top finish. People cannot believe how beautiful it is. Great road manner and a pleasure to drive."

Lots of power with the new 2.0 L Turbo.

By on Friday, April 15, 2016

Pros: "Purposeful technology and lots o power"

Cons: "small back seat"

"I just replaced my 2006 Impala SS, and although the regal does not have the same power it is much more comfortable and easy to handle. I love the radio system; easy to use and compatible with apple car play or android auto. I am enjoying the remote start off my smart phone too. Fuel economy ranges very wide depending on my driving. I have gotten 30 mpg and beyond on the highway, but I do tend to hit the gas a little too much around town. Usually my car reads out at 22-24 mpg. No complaints!"

I love my car

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "Door locks lock immediately"

"I got my Buick Regal Turbo on June 1, and am still in love with it. I have had more strangers coming up to me and telling me what a beautiful car I have, and a couple have even said how "sexy" it is. Even at work, fellow employees are still telling me how great it is. Normally, I am excited about a new car for a couple of weeks, then the newness wears off. Not this one! And I love the color (expresso)."

Great choice

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "Nice drive, good interior quality"

Cons: "Lot of plastic for the price, the apps and radio"

"No longer just for old folks for sure:)"

Convenience & Safety Flaws

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Seat warmers are fast heating!"

Cons: "Key remote; Often find trunk open. Very sensitive."

"When at stop sign or light, the vehicle creeps forward on its own. Your cell phone is required to be manually connected to vehicle in order to listen to the music on your cell phone. The voice command to make calls does not effectivley recognize commands/requests. Radio functions/Settings continuously have to be reprogrammed The navigation will not auto download and or recognize addresses from your address book. You must download these manually which takes approx. 5 minutes per contact. I have been to three different dealers; they gave two explanations. 1. "Were not sure" and 2. You will have to live with it. If anyone knows how to resolve any of the above issues, please let me know. Bob"

Just ok came out of a bmw to this. Not impressed

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Poor visibility. Navigation hiccups . Lots of body squeaks"

What's not to love?

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Features, Price, Style"

Cons: "Radio display looks slightly dated"

"Picked up my 2011 Regal Turbo with about 25k miles on it in November 2014 for $14k. Beautiful car with a ton of features and plenty of power from the turbo. Heated leather seats, bluetooth, moonroof... So much luxury for not much money at all. Can't beat this car. No quality or reliability issues at all. I'll definitely be a Buick owner for a long time."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next