2012 Buick Regal

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

2011 totalled, liked it so much leased another one

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great equipment."

"Smooth ride, roomy, good styling."

Nice vehicle, unique styling.

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Nice styling, interior very nice, easy to drive."

Cons: "No chrome wheels on this model in 2011."

"I like the styling, it somewhat changes the old stodgy Buick owners stereotype."

This is a great sporty car to drive.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice exhaust tone"

Cons: "Chrome shifter plate."

"The handling is superb. Love the great gas mileage with incredible low and mid-range power. The interior is quite and comfortable. The electronics are easy to use and functional. The only downside is the chrome plate on the shifter trim, it reflects sun in your eyes while driving. I overcame this by having the plate "black plated" which is more Euro looking than the chrome trim."

Best I have owned!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Great looker and great driver."

Cons: "Narrow back view."

"Bought this Regal GS 3 months ago; ABSOLUTELY love it! Very capable in ALL aspects of enthusiast driving. In GS mode, this car handles with the best of them, and in everyday driving, this car is all you could want. Nothing out there looks like it and the engine speaks volumes of where GM is going. I am absolutely satisfied with it. The dealership and sales rep were the easiest and most knowledgeable I have had the experience to deal with, and the service department personnel were super. I MOST HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone even contemplating looking at a Buick. Buy or lease it; you won't be sorry."

2011 Regal Turbo - Euro-designed sleeper

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Euro design & quality at a bargain price (used)"

Cons: "small cupholders, seats not for everyone"

"Having previously owned Saab, Audi, BMW, I can state that this is a standout vehicle and a great value (especially used). Buick logos aside, this is an award-winning, autobahn-bred Opel Insignia from Germany. From all I read, I agree the 2.0L Turbo is definitely the one to have. Unlike BMW 328i, the Regal runs on regular gas and with smooth regular tires (NOT clunky and expensive run-flats). The interior is far nicer than BMW, while the turbo motor features more low-end torque and a broader mid-range power band. It is amazingly quiet as well. As with most Euro-sedans, it has a few quirks (some non-intuitive controls, very firm seats, and small cupholders), but features a luxurious interior and a modern aero-look exterior. While not quite the "driver's car" as a rear-drive sports sedan, the CXL exhibits no front-drive torque steer and has wonderfully neutral steering and handling. Plus it has many standard features that you would have to pay extra for in other makes, and some that are not even offered elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and check out the new Buick Regal. It is NOT your father's Buick, that's for sure!"

Yes, I would really rather have a Buick

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, crisp handling and On Star"

Cons: "No memory drivers seat"

"Have had the 2012 Buick Regal Premium 1 for five months now and no complaints. Traded in an 01 Century Special Edition that served well for 11 years, but started to have some age related maintenance issues. I mostly drive in the city and did not have a need for turbo power to get me up to 35 mph in a jiffy. On the expressway I am into using the cruise control for better mileage so the regular gas 2.4 engine fits the bill for me. I like the crisp handling and also like the way it takes the pot holes and bumps, typical of city driving, with ease. I chose the gold mist metallic exterior with the cashmere interior. Turned out to be a sharp color combination. The gold paint hides dirt, dust and road salt and keeps the car looking sharp between washes. With On Star if there is a problem on the road I can just press the blue button and a GM approved service technician will come. The trunk holds a surprising amount of "stuff" and the back seats fold flat. It was very easy to get used to the heated leather seats. You need the Premium 1 package to get the power passenger seat. I wasn't planning to subscribe, but started to like the sattelite radio and so renewed for another year. You don't see many Regals on the road. In fact, I make an announcement in the car when I see another pass by. I like the idea that my car is unique. Plus it is easy to find in a parking lot."

2012 Buick Regal Premium III Turbo

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Runs great, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Finishing touches on design.. headliner, paint"

"I bought this car after trading in an H3.. obviously the gas milease is excellent at 28mpg but the paint job is something to be desired. The trunk has multiple variances in the paint and while covered under warranty is annoying with 1,200 miles on it! The other thing I noticed is the design of the interior/exterior. The headliner, while secure is not visually appealing from the exterior. If you stand in front of the vehicle, you can actually see a "gap" between the headliner!! Interestingly, I have looked at several dealerships and all of the Regals have the same! Nice car, drives great but will most likely not buy another."

great style, value compared to imports

By on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Pros: "looks inside and out drive, value"

Cons: "deep narrow cupholders and small outside mirrors"

"had for 6 weeks. have TO6 package on 2011 turbo. the car drives handles well, mileage is about 28 combined city/highway. i would recommend this car to anybody that wants american with german roots. this car is so underated compared to imports.i like the 19 inch wheels,heated leather seats ride and most of all the compliments i get from people about it's looks."

Ok car but I expected better

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Styling, handles great, quiet."

Cons: "Gas mileage, weak performance w/ standard engine"

"2011 model with almost 12k miles. While I like the car and am basically satisfied, I expected more. A nice drivers car except for ( see below), but ,for me, when riding as a front seat passenger it's not much fun. Limited foot space, poor design and placement of arm rests"

Awesome ride!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"This Car rides and drives like a dream! Very smooth and comfortable I would recommened it to anyone."

Overall good vehicle

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Great vehicle with two exceptions...one is a minor design flaw on the center console, sunlight hits the metal around the gearshift and it can be blinding. Second and it is not minor, with the 6 speed transmission, get into a jam and need to "floor" or step on the gas, the transmission struggles to find the right gear to go into and nearly stalls."

My prior car was a Lexus ES

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"Went to the Buick dealer to get a Lacrosse. Great car but I just thought it felt big. Sales suggested I drive the Regal. Drove both standard and the Turbo. Had to have the car and the turbo. Love it!"

Impressed with 2011 Regal

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "A car that rivals the euro models, w/good price."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"My friends and family have been absolutely shocked that my car is a Buick! It has European looks and is fun to drive. I now take my time driving to and from work because I enjoy this vehicle so much. The sound system, nav, and bluetooth phone are great. Very sporty, yet elegant!"

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Handling, style"

Cons: "Cup holders in awkward place"

"Had for 6 months now, no problems, great driving car, great highway mileage. Lots of compliments, overall very happy with car"

Back in the mix-with quality fun car

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "value, luxury, good build quality"

Cons: "none yet"

"I came back to GM--Buick Regal after owning several Hyundai's--I am glad I did , This 2012 Regal is teriffic. If you took off the Buick badges, you can easily mistake it for a high end sedan the likes of BMW Audi.Buick has turned the corner with their cars. Hats off to GM , this division is back to making great mid level luxury cars"

coarse engine, funky transmission

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "engine and transmission miss the mark"

"Great handling and comfort, interior and exterior look great. Good features. Transmission hesitates and whines, engine has no power and sounds unrefined. Buick came close, maybe turbo and manual are better? Hard to find that combination. Can't wait for lease to end."

Great car for the price

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

"This was my first car I ever purchased on my own. For 26k it comes loaded with just about every comfort option one needs. a comparable Impala (awful looking) costs just as much if not more. The engine is kind of underwhelming but it is smooth and quiet."

Welcome back GM!!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Price. Much more comfortable than the BMW 328."

Cons: "Not as peppy as the BMW 328."

"The Regal is the first GM product that I have purchased in many years. I have had 3 BMWs, a Lexus, a Mercedes, a Volvo and a VW since my last GM vehicle. I have to say the quality is very good. I really like the interior look and feel and find the seating to be very comfortble. Great lines on the outside of the vehicle. My only complaint is it is not as peppy as the BMW from 0 to 40. That said, I do like the front wheel drive in winter weather and it's nice to be able to fill the tank with regular gasoline. Excellent warranty. I am very happy!"

1st Buick since 1968, should have come back sooner

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looks and sports car like driving"

Cons: "Rough shifting at times, no driver's seat memory."

"I have the CXL R5. I love this car. Had it for 4 months now. Gas mileage isn't great, about 23 in city, 28 highway. But the comfort, styling, quality and sporty driving can't be beat. Love the sunroof, sound system, bluetooth and nav system. Seats are very comfortable and adjustable. Just wish it had memory for the driver's seat. Have the same shifting problem as some others have mentioned. Just a little irritating at times."

looks great ,handles great needs more power

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "very nice interior ,handles very nice"

Cons: "lack of power 180hp just isnt enuff!!!!"

"The interior of the car is what turned me on looks very nice and is very comfortable the quality of the interior is as nice as a BMW .Handling is amazing for a GM car, very fun to drive . The styling is very nice i love the bulging fender flares my only complaint is the lack of power, when its offered with a v6 i will trade this one in im not a turbo fan car could use more torque would make it much more fun"

great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great styling, Comfort, Gas mileage,"

Cons: "transmission jumpy from start"

"After several months driving this car I would have to say I enjoy it more everyday! This body platform has been incorporated into many of current and upcoming models including Chevy Malibu, Saab 95, etc. GM has done a great job using their European affiliation to bring back some excitement in their design program. While this car cannot quite compete with it's European rivals it is a big move forward in both design and function regarding what today's driver both expects and enjoys. This model will be an initial example of where the US goes to compete in the luxury market. Come on U.S.A. why can't we design cars like this!"

amazing vehicle

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

"I went from an SUV to a this turbo model and I couldn't be more pleased. This vehicle is equiped with everything you can imagine and then some. The price was right and Buick made a heck of a car. Comfort, size, fuel mileage is fantastic. There are a few blind spots that you can easily correct with your mirrors. We turn heads every corner we take! I give this car a 5 out of 5!"

Just Perfect!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"Great driving experience. Comfort as expected and it will surprise you with its performance. Must have, in my opinion."

Ditched the European Vehicles for Buick

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great handling, styling and quiet"

Cons: "Wish it had memory driver seat"

"We were looking at Audi A4, BMW 3 series, and Mercedes C-class as well as the Buick. The styling of the Buick was richer on the interior as well as having great exterior lines. The Regal is quiet and smooth. We enjoyed our first one so much, we now have 2 in the garage. For the money, Buick beats the competition."

Great Style,German Quality, Performance,Comfort...

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Driving, Price, Quality of CXL R6 = A Winner"

Cons: "Haven't found any negatives"

"The Buick Regal CXL-R6 is a total driving experience. Compared the Mazda 6, Volkswagen CC, Lincoln MXZ, Acura, and every other sports sedan in its class both tech and real world. Bought the Regal and after 7000 miles realized that we didn't make a mistake. Great Comfortable Ride, Quality, Style,and Love to drive it. Handling ... It really goes where you point it. Really great wonderful lay out and size for 4 adults or two adults and kids (rear seating not as large as some others) That is what we bought it for. 2nd Vehicle is Avalanche, so Regal is perfect. The R6 option covers it all ... no turbo, so 87 octane regular forever. Would have to rate our overall experience a "10" in its class and under $ 38,000 price range."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next