2012 Buick Regal

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

This car is so underrated

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "handling, conveniences, value, quality, styling"

Cons: "gas mileage-that's it-everything else is superb"

"First, important to note that for the past 10 years I was driving the "drivers" car. My joy in driving is to be able to feel the car jump and take turns without fear-all done safely. BMW sets the standard for me. I wanted to cut back, save some money but still be satisfied. The looks of the Regal made me at least give it a try, plus I used to be a Buick driver in my 20's and 30's-not the demographic for Buick. Anyway, this car drives great, the steering is tight, looser than BMW, but very good with the variable assist steering, the wheel does not move at highway speeds. This car has exceeded all my expectations and there is zero buyer remorse. I have the Turbo TO2. One negative, mostly local driving, is the MPG. With E85, just short of 12 mpg, with premium around 16."

Great value Great car

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"I just bought a new Regal CXL without the turbo. I had test driven many others and this car by far outperformed all the others hands down. The quality and value is exceptional. You would expect to pay more money for a car of this caliber. Rides and handles like a dream. Buick is not your "old person" car anymore. I am only 36 and wanted a sporty, but luxureous ride and I hit the jackpot. Would highly recommend you test drive this car if you are in the market. Way to go GM!"

My prior car was a Lexus ES

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"Went to the Buick dealer to get a Lacrosse. Great car but I just thought it felt big. Sales suggested I drive the Regal. Drove both standard and the Turbo. Had to have the car and the turbo. Love it!"

Awesome ride!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"This Car rides and drives like a dream! Very smooth and comfortable I would recommened it to anyone."

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Handling, style"

Cons: "Cup holders in awkward place"

"Had for 6 months now, no problems, great driving car, great highway mileage. Lots of compliments, overall very happy with car"

I love my car

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "Door locks lock immediately"

"I got my Buick Regal Turbo on June 1, and am still in love with it. I have had more strangers coming up to me and telling me what a beautiful car I have, and a couple have even said how "sexy" it is. Even at work, fellow employees are still telling me how great it is. Normally, I am excited about a new car for a couple of weeks, then the newness wears off. Not this one! And I love the color (expresso)."

very nice car black on black tinted windows

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sporty with a nice feel of control"

"the car has been troule free I just wish it was a turbo need just a little more power on the hwy very good gas mileage 21 city 31 hwy nice car"

Great car for the price

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

"This was my first car I ever purchased on my own. For 26k it comes loaded with just about every comfort option one needs. a comparable Impala (awful looking) costs just as much if not more. The engine is kind of underwhelming but it is smooth and quiet."

1st Buick since 1968, should have come back sooner

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looks and sports car like driving"

Cons: "Rough shifting at times, no driver's seat memory."

"I have the CXL R5. I love this car. Had it for 4 months now. Gas mileage isn't great, about 23 in city, 28 highway. But the comfort, styling, quality and sporty driving can't be beat. Love the sunroof, sound system, bluetooth and nav system. Seats are very comfortable and adjustable. Just wish it had memory for the driver's seat. Have the same shifting problem as some others have mentioned. Just a little irritating at times."

Just Perfect!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"Great driving experience. Comfort as expected and it will surprise you with its performance. Must have, in my opinion."

Love the car except....

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I love the way this car looks and all the features it has. Driving on the highway is a pleasure. I have had the car 6 months. My only complaint is when driving in traffic which I do every day. The car snaps forward when it shift between 20 and 25. It also has hesitation but only when in traffic. The dealer has had it 5 days and now tells me all the Regals do this and they consider it normal. I've asked a few other Regal owners and most have had this problem too."

Great all round car

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"I have owned this car now for 6 months. This is my everyday car and I own a porsche carerra. This car has it all. Heavy enough to handle any inclimate weather to hold the road nicely. Stylish and great comfort. I have 6k miles and love driving in it everyday. I could have a little more pep but with gas up around $4 i'll sacrafice and takes regular unleaded. I get all sorts of compliants asking about this car and who makes it. This has to be one of the most comfortable cars I have every owned. Looking forward to maybe getting the GS when my lease expires."

looks great ,handles great needs more power

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "very nice interior ,handles very nice"

Cons: "lack of power 180hp just isnt enuff!!!!"

"The interior of the car is what turned me on looks very nice and is very comfortable the quality of the interior is as nice as a BMW .Handling is amazing for a GM car, very fun to drive . The styling is very nice i love the bulging fender flares my only complaint is the lack of power, when its offered with a v6 i will trade this one in im not a turbo fan car could use more torque would make it much more fun"

Very nice car

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"This is a sports car. I traded in a Park Avenue so am disappointed in the very firm ride of the Regal. Came from the factory with 50 lbs/SI air in the tires so that did not help. Gas mileage still only 20 mpg mixed city/hwy and should be better with a four (mine is not the turbo). I have the Espresso Bronze color and get lots of raves over that and the styling. Only issues so far (2800 miles): two rear tires not balanced at factory and an A/C electronic out side temp device failed, both fixed at no charge."

3 month review

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"Got the car at the end of July and have about 3200miles so far. Took a trip to CT from Philly in first two weeks- about 400mi round trip and got about 27-28mpg. Traffic was heavy on the way back and the terrain isn't all flat once you get to CT. Car is very stylish and I've gotten lots of compliments - even from strangers. Handling is superb and interior lighting at night is great. Everything is put together well. Love the USB hookup for ipod and the turn by turn nav feature. Love the new display in the instrument cluster that shows all kind of info and your trip computer. Power is adequate unless you live in a hilly area. Only get about 15-16mpg in pure city driving which is a shame, but not unexpected. Def go for the H/K upgraded stereo. I have the black interior but the cashmere interior with the wood trim looks GREAT. The Bluetooth has been very reliable and its easy to setup and use. The center radio display is much better than the one or two line VCR type displays on some other competing cars. Lots of song and car system info can be displayed on the LCD screen."

Great Car for the $$$$$$

By on Friday, October 01, 2010

"Bought the Regal new on July 30th. Recently took a trip to New Hampshire going thru the Adirondack Mtns in NY, The Green Mtns in Vt. (two different ranges) and for the round trip I averaged 29.1 Miles to the gallon. If I get this mileage under these conditions I should really get well above the 30 MPG the car is rated for. Can't wait to take a trip where the mileage is driven on interstate highways Car very sharp inside and out. Interior is far more extravagant then the 2007 Impala LT I traded in. Love the car so far."

Class Leader

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "See Narrative Comments"

Cons: "See Narrative Comments"

"Bought the T07 Turbo (loaded) in March of this year. Navigation system is second to none. The 19" painted cast aluminum wheels really make the exterior come alive. The touring and sport suspension modes really make the car two cars in one. While the car is not the fastest turbo around, the fuel mileage and fit and finish are equivalent to any high end German import. No driver seat memory function and outside mirrors are a little smaller than I prefer, but everything else is a homerun. Great trunk space and convenience features. I have owned 14 new vehicles and was about ready to buy an Acura TSX when I got my wife to go to the Buick showroom. We drove home with out Regal Turbo that night. Car drives and looks like a $50,000 luxury vehicle and we were out the door for about $32,800.00. NO REGRETS"

Cant believe i bought a Buick!

By on Saturday, July 02, 2011

Pros: "build quality, paint, interior fit and finish"

Cons: "none yet"

"Bought the car with 3400 miles on, turbo with the funky wheels,etc...Build quality is INCREDIBLE...its like a tank..this is hands down a winner....the turbo accelerates like a V6, and all ive ever drove is v8 or v6..and I HATE 4cylinders...took a long drive averaged 28.5 on the freeway at 70 mph...got asked what it was by a Lexus driver...love the handling, the ride is firm but not hard, got the navy blue/black leather combo..beautiful car!"

Lovin the Buick

By on Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Everything about this car is excellent. I rated performance a 4 because no v8 power but it is still very good and very fun to drive! The quaility of this car is second to none in my book. Reliability is excellent so far but I've only had it a month. Buick does recommend premium fuel. Mine is the turbo with the T05 package."

Sporty comfort, great looks, very happy

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, 4 cyl with V6 pwr"

Cons: "none so far"

"Having owned pure sports cars and full luxury cars I am truly pleased with my 2012 Regal GS. This is a definite must drive for anyone wanting both in one package without breaking the bank. I factory ordered my car a few months before production began and have had it for almost 12 months now. In normal suspension mode the ride and noise level is very good on bumpy and rougher roads but when you find a nice smooth road with a few corners, push the GS button and it handles like a track car. I love the 6 speed for both the fun of it, (and the very good milage when I choose to drive it more conservatively). Plenty of room, my wife and I have taken many trips with 2 sets of golf clubs and all our luggage. The back seat is large enough for adults or to keep the kids happy with their own space. I absolutley love the support of the driver's seat and the layout of the cockpit. I have had to rent a number of competitor's cars over the past year when flying to other cities and really appreciate getting back in my Regal when I get home."

Owned 7 vehicles and I've found my love...

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Stylish and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bluetooth - first ring always loud"

"No matter what angle I look at this car from, this car has style. I love the size and the way it feels when I drive it. I've owned a Tacoma, Accord Coupe, Jetta, Legacy, but this car has surpassed my expectations. Overall I love this car and would get this car again if I got the chance of making a choice again...I just hope it ends up having a durable lifespan (pay it of before it starts giving issues). As a young professional I say its an excellent car!"

Yes, I would really rather have a Buick

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, crisp handling and On Star"

Cons: "No memory drivers seat"

"Have had the 2012 Buick Regal Premium 1 for five months now and no complaints. Traded in an 01 Century Special Edition that served well for 11 years, but started to have some age related maintenance issues. I mostly drive in the city and did not have a need for turbo power to get me up to 35 mph in a jiffy. On the expressway I am into using the cruise control for better mileage so the regular gas 2.4 engine fits the bill for me. I like the crisp handling and also like the way it takes the pot holes and bumps, typical of city driving, with ease. I chose the gold mist metallic exterior with the cashmere interior. Turned out to be a sharp color combination. The gold paint hides dirt, dust and road salt and keeps the car looking sharp between washes. With On Star if there is a problem on the road I can just press the blue button and a GM approved service technician will come. The trunk holds a surprising amount of "stuff" and the back seats fold flat. It was very easy to get used to the heated leather seats. You need the Premium 1 package to get the power passenger seat. I wasn't planning to subscribe, but started to like the sattelite radio and so renewed for another year. You don't see many Regals on the road. In fact, I make an announcement in the car when I see another pass by. I like the idea that my car is unique. Plus it is easy to find in a parking lot."

Simply Amazed by This Car

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, a blast to drive, very well built"

Cons: "No remote start."

"Over the past 11 years, I've owned 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees and loved everything about them except the gas mileage. I decided to sell my last GC and get a car that I thought I wouldn't mind driving that got decent gas mileage to save money. AM I GLAD I DID! I purchased the top of the line Buick Regal Turbo TO7, built in Germany. This car has never stopped amazing me from day one. It is super fun to drive, fast, responsive and agile. The interior and exterior fit and finish are World Class and they make it feel like it's a $50,000 car instead of a $35,000 car. PlUS, it gets up to 34 MPG on the highway!! Don't believe what you read on the window sticker because it really does get 32-34 MPG on the highway, not 28. I really enjoy the OnStar remote link system as well. I can check the tire pressure in the tires, the amount of fuel in the tank, lock, unlock and set off the alarm from any where in the world where I have cell phone reception. I could go on for a lot longer but you just need to check it out for yourself. I'm sure you'll be impressed!!"

Best Buick Ever

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

"From the moment I first drove this car I knew it was what I've been looking for in a car. I drove both the turbo and non turbo versions and decided the turbo defines this car. Everything about this car is excelltent, the built quality, handling, performance. I also have a 2010 cts awd and would rate this buick of the same quality and actually and even though it's comparing FWD to AWD I prefer the Buicks handling"

Impressed with 2011 Regal

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "A car that rivals the euro models, w/good price."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"My friends and family have been absolutely shocked that my car is a Buick! It has European looks and is fun to drive. I now take my time driving to and from work because I enjoy this vehicle so much. The sound system, nav, and bluetooth phone are great. Very sporty, yet elegant!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next