2004 Buick Regal

Based on 428 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Much better than expected!!

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I inherited this vehicle when my grandfather recently passed. At first I was a little hesitant to own a Buick (I'm only 36), but my husband and I thought it would be nice to keep some miles off our minivan and I liked the idea of driving something smaller than the Town & Country around town. After driving this car 6 hours home from my grandfather's place in southern Oregon, any prejudices I once had about Buick were long gone! I love this car. Smooth acceleration, good handling, and comfort for miles. It's solid, quiet, and has good visibility. I would rather drive my new Regal than my husband's '06 Charger! It's been a fantastic car and I'm looking forward to many more miles and years with it."

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I have 117,000 original miles and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. Every other car pales in comparison when I think of shopping around. The leather seats are the best!"

We bought the car new and it has been a great car.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "A nice car, fun to drive, very good condition"

Cons: "Fender needs repair"

"A very good car to drive. Mileage is good and have had regular oil changes and repairs as they are needed. It has no rust but the right front fender needs to be repaired."

Reliable and comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Good road car. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Limited cup holders."

"Comfortable and reliable car. Great highway gas mileage and not bad around town. Good road car overall."

My car has been very reliable.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Earlier this year I spent alot of money on repairs. Those repairs were needed for maintenance updates because of its age."

the best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "price and luxury"

"I like the luxury and it has one of the best engines ever made. It is a very dependable car. There is a good amount of room inside and a nice size trunk."

Great car

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Great, under rated, high performance, and comfortable car."

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "good mileage, comfortable and fast"

Cons: "cup holders are easy to break"

"Very fast pickup from a stop. I get 24-29mpg on highway but only 17-19mpg in town.It's a very smooth ride. The only thing negative would be paint job fading on bumper and around the windows. If we were not planning on rving I would keep this car forever."

great car

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

"I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it and have taken it halfway across the country (literally). It's got a LOT of miles left in it...and I plan on keeping it for a long time."

comfort/versatile/fast

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"had since 2000 and 15,000 miles. Economical, good looking, agile, quick. Drove over 120,000 miles mechanically sound with easy maintenance. dependable comfort."

0 to 60 under 7 seconds, 28 MPG HGWY Sedan

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "price, performance, ride, split fold down 60/40"

Cons: "old radio, no inputs, plastic is not the nicest"

"2001 Buick Regal GS styling never got old. I shopped to find a better car for past 3 years and I can not find one. The GS when equiped with good tires is the best riding, stopping, handling, accelerating sedan for the money. I do not understand how the KBB estimate is not higher. If you find one of these, buy it and love it. I got as high as 32 MPG and no less than 27 MPG HGWY, and 22 MPG around town. At 10 years"

The best car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Sports car look"

Cons: "I never found anything I didn't like with this car"

"We bought our Regal used. Had an electrical issue right off but was fixed by the buick garage. Good gas mileage with such a powerful engine. The outside style of this car never gets old! It always looked in style. Inside the instruments are easy to use, seats are more than comfortable with plenty of leg room in the rear. Always a joy to drive, very responsive, corners very well and accelerates fast! Sound system excellent although the cd player ate a disc after a few years and hasn't worked since (I'm used to cd players going bad in cars). Have had a computer failure and other usual problems associated with age."

excellent car

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, economical, spacious trunk, dependabl"

Cons: "dumb front cupholder location"

"Bought it used and switched to synthetic oil and saw 30mpg highway. Problems were a leak in a shrader valve in AC, and electrical problems in taillights due to poor installation of trailer connector. Engine did use 2 - 3 quarts of oil between changes. Car was totaled in a highway accident but driver emerged with barely a scratch. Even with passenger door crushed, roof crushed, windshield pillar crushed, engine was running along with a/c and stereo. We were sad to leave it."

Love this car

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "lots of torque. Great sound system."

Cons: "gas mileage is poor if you have a heavy foot."

Me and my GS

"There is not a car on the planet that I would trade for this car. 3.8 supercharged! Power when you need it. Economy when you don't."

Me and my GS

Very good car

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"I have owned about 12 cars since 1984 and this is one of the best. I have owned this car for 8 years now and the only issue I have had was from a clogged catalytic converter which was covered under a recall. I am a big fan of Japanese cars, but this thing is a real testament to Buick quality."

Reliable v.s Quality

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It is a 2000 GS. The car is incredibly reliable, only failing one time because the fuel pump mod went bad ($1,200 repair). However, the quality of the car is not that good. When I first bought it, the driver window motor went out ($300). Over the past 2 years, ALL the rest of the window motors failed (including the sunroof), simply unacceptable. The door lining is falling off along with the door panels themselves. The low tire, check engine light, low coolant, and airbag light never turn off. The heated seats no longer work. The gas mileage is awful. The best I have ever gotten is 22 mpg highway, sad when I have to buy premium gas for the supercharger. Overall this car has been great in terms of running (have 133,000 miles), but the annoyances of poor build quality and bad gas mileage makes me have to not reccomend this vehicle."

03 Regal LS

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"119000 miles and still a great car. Just had the tranny rebuilt, but other than that it has been basically bulletproff. Buick builds a great car and she gets 30 plus mpg on the highway. This car should go another 75K miles without much in the way of repairs. Too bad GM ceased using the 3.8 V6 as that is one of the very best engines ever built. If you want a reliable inexpensive all around good car, buy a Buick with a 3.8 V6. This would be a great first car for kids."

Best Overall Value

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Best price, return on investment, least maintenance, no warranty issues, great fuel economy, would buy another one if I could find one in excellent condition."

mine has 70,000 hwy miles

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"This car was bought in Feb 2002. It is a 2001 model and has been garaged for the last 2 years. Has only 70,000 miles and is a beautiful Burgundy Red with tan leather interior and every option you can add. Body and interior is like a 3 year old car. What is it worth?"

Simply amazing

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"I've owned 2 Regal GS's. A 97 which was purchased with 144k on it and just recently a 2000 with on 73k. I put over 40k miles on the 97 and during the time it had nothing but normal maintenance done. Cheapest car I've ever owned. It was even modified with aftermarket parts to produce nearly 300hp and still kept at it going down a drag. Trip with 180k on it!! With modification I still achieved 17 city and 27hwy. My 2000 that was recently purchased is a babied 2 owner that is immaculate and modified even further than the previous and runs great, sure is a good feeling when you can run down a Camaro SS in your Buick... I expect several great years out of this one as well. The key is maintenance on this motor. Keep that cooling system in check and make sure lower intake gaskets aren't leaking,change oil religiously and it should be a pleasure to own. Overall I feel styling is a bit lacking but then again. Its 10yrs old and it was intended for a consumer nearly twice my current age. It makes up for it with the comfort and fun factor. Its a definite sleeper. No one and I mean. Almost no one realizes the potential of these supercharged 3800s."

Total Reliability!

By on Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Bought car off showroom floor new and never took it back for any problems. Now 59,900 mi. and totally dependable. Leather seats look new. Goodyear tires only bad thing. Forget Goodyear....even Nascar has problems with them. Body still looks new and car runs like new!!! Have the Abboud package. KEEP this brand. I love it!"

By on Saturday, October 03, 2009

"I inherited this car from my grandfather and it's not the most stylish car but it has over 175,000 miles on it and the transmission JUST went. This is the first major repair on this car! We've had all the rotors and brakes repaired a few times but nothing major until now. Both the dealer and my grandfather say that the engine in the car is the best engine buick ever built. Amazing handling and pick up (surprisingly). And it's wicked comfortable."

my first "luxury" car

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"This car feels and handles like a dream! We took many road trips with it, and was always comfortable and reliable. The only mechanic problems I had were electronic features, sensors, and the wiring harness, no engine/transmission problems.I loved all the features, will not get another car without them!"

LOVE!!!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I love this car. Style/power/reliability. What more could you want? My whole family drives Buicks."

love this car

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"have owned this 1999 Buick Regal for over 4 years and it still drives like a dream. Like all the power stuff, AM/FM/CD and Cassette stereo system. Leather seats."