2004 Buick Regal

Based on 430 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

What a Car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, And sleek"

Cons: "Speed makes it handel like a grandpa car"

"My Grandfather boought this car Brand new in 1997. He passed away in 2008 and it sat in my fathers Barn until early 2012. Put a new battery in it and it started and ran like it never even had a four year nap. I only have a few qualms with this car, the first being the center cup holders. I dont know what buick was thinking, and maybe it was a last minute thing, But god are those cup holders cheap. The second issue i have is with the supercharger. I honestley cant tell if its boosting like it should, or if something is wrong. The boost gauge reads at the most 1.5psi. Maybe its just miss miss calibrated. Anyways, the car still feels fast. I wish it had a manual. That would make the car the most enjoyable car i have ever had the pleaseure of driving."

Great, dependable, powerful vehicle

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, dependable, lots of space!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got this vehicle from a dealer with 96k miles on it, and have driven it for about a year putting 10k miles on it. The gas mileage is not amazing, but with the turbocharged engine lugging that huge car around you don't really expect amazing gas mileage. I love how quickly the engine responds, and steering/driving is generally fun. Almost everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable and smooth the ride is for "such an old car" As far as work, other than putting new tires all i have done is oil changes, tire pressure and fluids. Overall, is a great car. Just wish it was standard/manual trans"

Nice Cruiser

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I bought a 2000 Regal LS with the Grand Touring Suspension, Premium Sound package in July of 2009. Have had to replace both front wheel bearings, odd that they died with only 55k on the car,...otherwise it has been rock solid and a pleasure to drive. Has plenty of ooomph when needed, but gets over 31 mpg at 65 mph on cruise. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and a great looking ride. GM- you discontinued this car?? What were you thinking??!"

Really fun car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "No heated seats in GS model"

"Not your parents' Buick, that's for sure. I love this car. Supercharger, 3.8L V6....this car can cruise! I have had this car for almost 8 years and have not regretted buying it for one minute. It's really responsive on turns and if you're a spirited driver like myself, the performance shifting really provides the quick pickup you need in certain situations. Traction control has come in handy during wet and snowy conditions and after I mounted all weather radials, it performed much better in the winter. It has all the luxury that you would expect from Buick - moonroof, dual power seats and climate control, premium sound, automatic adjusting rear view mirror and once I installed a remote starter it was perfect. Only thing missing from my model (GS) is the heated seats. I have to part with it - upgraded to an SUV - but will always love this car and recommend it to anyone who wants a safe, reliable, but mostly FUN car! Oh and I get approx 22mpg mostly highway, but you can check the on-board system information for all the stats."

Great ,reliable,and confortable!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power,nice ride!"

"I've had this car for over 7 years and it has been a great car.It had just under a 100k miles on it when I got it and it still looked new.It has been a faithful friend and never left me or my wife stranded.The only problems have been the front wheel bearings,each replaced once,and I just replaced the brakes and rotors(on front only)twice.But considering the mileage on the car that's not bad.It still has plenty of power and rides great!"

VERY good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"drives nice, very good cruiser or around town vehicle - 30 plus mpg highway,handles sharp- 'Gran Touring Suspension' xlnt stereo - 'Concert Sound II'. Seats could use more lumbar support - we use lumbar cushions from chiropractor - also - all these newer cars you sit too low - that's why pickups are so popular.Replaced front brake rotors and fuel pump @ 150000 - no other repairs.Fuel pump was still working fine."

Great car with one exception

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "power windows"

Cons: "everything else."

"We bought this car used and it has been one of the most reliable cars we ever owned. The heater and air conditioning are still as good as new. The only problem we have had is with the power windows. We have replaced them all and two, more than once. I love this car, it is easy to drive and a smooth ride for its size."

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Reliable, Great Gas Mileage, Nice Rid"

"I purchased this car when it was 3 1/2 years old and had 22,000 miles on it. It has been a great car. The car is now 10 years old and I have only put about $250 into repairs. Car is great on gas for the size and I tend to get better mileage then many 4 cylinder cars. Highway mileage ranges from 33-37 to a gallon, and city averages around 19-22. This vehicle is very comfortable on long drives. I have owned 3 Regals and all of them have been great cars. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable mid-size car."

My Regalia

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great for road trips, great for daily trips"

Cons: "five people on a road trip wasn't very comfortable"

"I have owned this car for the last seven years, and prior to that it was my brothers, this car has taken me to North Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. To say that this car was reliable would be an understatement. This car created a family feel for me and my family, and to have to let it go was very difficult. I bought this car from my brother with 120k on it and drove it for the last 100k with little to no problems."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I bought my Regal with over 100,000 miles on it, and it is still a great car! It has been dependable, it still looks great, and it is fun to drive! I hope I can hold on to it for a long time! My only complaint (not the car's problem) is that it is white, and I see many "twins" to this car everywhere I go. Thanks, folks at Buick, for building a great car!"

Gonna keep it.......

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"Bought this car in early 2000 with 26,000 miles. Put an additional 107,000 miles and still going strong. No complaints. Replaced brakes twice but may be my foot is the problem. Still love the looks and is still comfortable. No aches after long drives, 1000 miles at a time. Peppy enought to safely merge into fast traffic and gas mileage is between 28 and 35 mpg country. I will keep it until it cries "UNCLE" and dies at my feet."

This has been an excellent car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "It is a pleasure to drive."

"I would recommend my Regal to anyone. It has an excellent ride and gets very good gas mileage. People have told me they can not believe it is a 1998 red Regal. I am looking for another one."

Great Great Car!!!

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable."

Cons: "Everything a car needs - except a compass."

"I bought with 105,000. Now has 290,000. Minimal expenses. Great car. Would buy Buick product any day."

the best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"We love our Buick Regal, We wish GM still made cars of this quality, We have just done normal maintenance & this car is still serving us well"

This is the best car I have even owned!!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"My 2003 Buick Regal has been outstanding. It's reliable, comfortable and still running stroung."

very easy driving and control. very comfort

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "great car for 2nd car or 1st."

"everything on this vehicle is in top shape. easy steering .very comfortable. good mileage. torbu get up and go!s one owner car. selling because, i"m moving to an assisted livinghome."

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holder in the back seat"

"I have a boat and all though My Regal does not technically have a tow package I find it to tow my boat just fine! I bought it with 40,000 mi now it has nearly 128,000 mi. The power seats, windows, mirrors are awesome. The premium sound it surprising shocking considering it being factory even after 128000 mi it still sounds great! The ride, WOW, the ride is amazing weather you’re taking short trips or going on long distant road trips, if you make the ride in the front or in the back seat, it is a great ride."

Excellent comfort, good gas mileage / power

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"what i love most about the car is the power to gas mileage ratio. then the comfort, very little road noise or engine noise."

Great car, just old now

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable, CD and cassette"

Cons: "No auxiliary audio input"

"I bought this car in 2001, and have driven it into the ground! I love how easy it is to drive, and how comfortable and responsive it has been. I did not spend any major money for repairs, until the last few years - recently (again, with 200K miles) it has needed a new alternator, something is wrong with the emission system, and it has several smaller problems that I just never fixed (gas gauge, etc.). I have been to South Carolina, and all over Texas with this car. I wish I could buy another just like it but new!!"

an ok car, should have shopped smarter

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "great passing accerlation, windows de-ice quickly"

Cons: "no cup holder, air leaks around doors"

"Bought this car used exactly 60 months ago in 2006 with 57,000 miles. The car handles nicely down the highway and has lots of power and the sound system is excellent. The CD player still works! But, the odometer (cluster) went out at around 100k, my mechanic will replace it for $500. The transmission is "shift hunting" (stutters at idle and at initial acceleration. $900 solenoid repair according the the dealer. Engine is leaking oil at the valve covers, motor oil pan and transmission oil pan; $1,100 repair estimate. So... at "fair" re-sell value of $2,300 with repairs at $2,500, I'll be upside down $200 not to mention the $9,600 purchase price that I'll finish paying off in 6 days. Original owner probably drove it hard and didn't do the prescribed maintenance. Can't say, but I'll be more selective on my next auto purchase."

excellent car

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"I bought my 98 regal used in 2000 with 16K on it and now have 166k on it. The only things replaced are front brakes at 140k, belt at 120k and the battery after 9 years. Fantastic reliability and next to no repairs - best vehicle I have ever owned. No rust and it still looks and runs great, I would not hesitate to drive it accross country. I have a friend with a taurus of the same year and it looks and rides like a worn out car at only 145k."

Excellent Sedan

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"This is the premium Buick similar to a Century but with lots of upgrades, leather upholstery, nicer trim, better wheels, etc. - We had one for 7 years with no mechanical problems. It is a very comfortable car. Rear seat fold down for extra storage and hauling long items. Nice V6 engine with decent gas mileage"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I've enjoyed my 98 Regal for over 12 years, have put 220,000 miles on it and it still drives and operates great. None of the import cars can compare to the comfort of a Buick - believe me, I've tried to talk myself into a Honda or Toyota more than once! My old Regal still gets 25 mpg on the highway, rivaling the competition. I'm glad Buick is making Regals again - it is hands down the best, most comfortable and dependable vehicle I've ever owned!"

Great vehicle. Beware at high miles.

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I replaced my 1991 Regal (which I loved) with the 1999 Regal I am selling now. The options, reliability and gas mileage are great. At about 130,000 miles many electrical problems began. Every power window motor failed, gas gauge died, fog lights died, interior trunk release won't work, sunroof won't open. The car now has 150,000 and looking for a pasture to retire in."

Dependable

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Have about 170k on this car. All orginal. Even orginal A\C. Daily driver. Never been in shop except for regulare maintance and tune ups. Drives excellent. Gets 29mpg on highway, but when u need to go, it will throw u in the seat. Fun car, hope it lasts another 10yrs."