2002 Buick Regal

Based on 418 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

The most reliable car i ever owned.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy...a car you can just drive"

Cons: "transmissions a little weak for FWD"

"Purchased car with 42k on it in 06. Routine maintenance and this car runs like a top. The only major thing(if ya wanna call it that) was the improved upper intake that most all Buick 3.8 engines from this yr needed...drove it for 2mo. till I discovered it needed it. $40 part and back to smooth. Wish I had the model with the supercharger, but the regular 200hp engine is still very potent. Interior classy, great sound system, leather interior and auto dimming mirrors.. quite comfy! These cars get awesome fuel economy."

Pap's car may be a best kept secret!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Power of the 3800, 27 mpg, quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders too close to elbows"

"I was fortunate to find a 2000 Regal GS recently with only 32,000 miles. The interior and exterior are in pristine condition. Beyond cosmetics the engine is smooth shifting and the ride is quiet and comfortable. The Monsoon stereo rivals the latest stereo systems. This was suppose to be my son's vehicle, but this older guy loves this older car."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great dependability, low maintenance."

Cons: "3.6 L engine did hav e recall for leaks."

"I have owned a Regal since 98. There has only been one issue with the AC and a few minor oil leaks.. It has nearly 170000 miles ans runs great. Some engine oil leaks, recall fixed it. It's really too bad cars need to go up in flame before GM backs up known issues."

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "All the options, V6, good mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "Price, but expected with Buicks"

"I bought this car used 5 1/2 years ago with 87,000 miles. It now has almost 195,000 on it and the only things I've ever needed to replace (aside from the expected costs like tires and filters) were the battery and water pump. The only real quirks I've experienced is that the left blinker goes out frequently and the driver's side window goes down when the car gets turned on (it goes back up). This problem seems to occur on a lot of vehicles, but I've never bothered to fix the window issue just because it's just a mild inconvenience and doesn't really bother me. I LOVE how it handles in the Minnesota winters and have never had an issue driving through even the worst snowstorms. Mine has virtually every option that they have (leather, sunroof, etc). I love that it's quick and responsive with the V6 engine which makes driving fun. The ride is quiet and comfortable even during 16 hour drives to Kentucky. Even with the V6, I still get about 20mpg in town and 25mpg highway. The best ever was on a trip to Indiana, I was getting 29mpg! Everyone laughs at me because I'm only 24 and have been driving this car since I was 19. After this car, though, I think I've become a lifelong Buick driver! VERY solid car with minimal issues! Can't say enough how much I love this car! Plan to keep it until it's no longer running!"

Best GM Car I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"My '02 Regel GS is my third new Regal. It has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. I wish Buick had not discontinued them. If you're looking at a used one that's in good condition, I think you'd be happy with it."