2000 Buick Regal

Based on 418 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

The most reliable car i ever owned.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy...a car you can just drive"

Cons: "transmissions a little weak for FWD"

"Purchased car with 42k on it in 06. Routine maintenance and this car runs like a top. The only major thing(if ya wanna call it that) was the improved upper intake that most all Buick 3.8 engines from this yr needed...drove it for 2mo. till I discovered it needed it. $40 part and back to smooth. Wish I had the model with the supercharger, but the regular 200hp engine is still very potent. Interior classy, great sound system, leather interior and auto dimming mirrors.. quite comfy! These cars get awesome fuel economy."

Pap's car may be a best kept secret!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Power of the 3800, 27 mpg, quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders too close to elbows"

"I was fortunate to find a 2000 Regal GS recently with only 32,000 miles. The interior and exterior are in pristine condition. Beyond cosmetics the engine is smooth shifting and the ride is quiet and comfortable. The Monsoon stereo rivals the latest stereo systems. This was suppose to be my son's vehicle, but this older guy loves this older car."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great dependability, low maintenance."

Cons: "3.6 L engine did hav e recall for leaks."

"I have owned a Regal since 98. There has only been one issue with the AC and a few minor oil leaks.. It has nearly 170000 miles ans runs great. Some engine oil leaks, recall fixed it. It's really too bad cars need to go up in flame before GM backs up known issues."

What a Car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, And sleek"

Cons: "Speed makes it handel like a grandpa car"

"My Grandfather boought this car Brand new in 1997. He passed away in 2008 and it sat in my fathers Barn until early 2012. Put a new battery in it and it started and ran like it never even had a four year nap. I only have a few qualms with this car, the first being the center cup holders. I dont know what buick was thinking, and maybe it was a last minute thing, But god are those cup holders cheap. The second issue i have is with the supercharger. I honestley cant tell if its boosting like it should, or if something is wrong. The boost gauge reads at the most 1.5psi. Maybe its just miss miss calibrated. Anyways, the car still feels fast. I wish it had a manual. That would make the car the most enjoyable car i have ever had the pleaseure of driving."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "GM window motors dependably fail at 30-40K"

"Bought as a program car with 15K, we've put 170K on this car. It has needed very few repairs, it's never left us in the lurch. It needed a tranny at 130K and other than regular maintenance and consumables that's it. We're getting ready to sell it, as at 185K, we can hear the power steering pump warning us that it's nearing the end. The engine is the old GM 3800, so it's still going strong, but the rest of the car is literally falling apart around it. I'd definitely buy another Buick if I could be assured that it would be as dependable as this one has been."