2000 Buick Regal

Based on 418 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

The most reliable car i ever owned.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy...a car you can just drive"

Cons: "transmissions a little weak for FWD"

"Purchased car with 42k on it in 06. Routine maintenance and this car runs like a top. The only major thing(if ya wanna call it that) was the improved upper intake that most all Buick 3.8 engines from this yr needed...drove it for 2mo. till I discovered it needed it. $40 part and back to smooth. Wish I had the model with the supercharger, but the regular 200hp engine is still very potent. Interior classy, great sound system, leather interior and auto dimming mirrors.. quite comfy! These cars get awesome fuel economy."

Pap's car may be a best kept secret!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Power of the 3800, 27 mpg, quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders too close to elbows"

"I was fortunate to find a 2000 Regal GS recently with only 32,000 miles. The interior and exterior are in pristine condition. Beyond cosmetics the engine is smooth shifting and the ride is quiet and comfortable. The Monsoon stereo rivals the latest stereo systems. This was suppose to be my son's vehicle, but this older guy loves this older car."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great dependability, low maintenance."

Cons: "3.6 L engine did hav e recall for leaks."

"I have owned a Regal since 98. There has only been one issue with the AC and a few minor oil leaks.. It has nearly 170000 miles ans runs great. Some engine oil leaks, recall fixed it. It's really too bad cars need to go up in flame before GM backs up known issues."

What a Car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, And sleek"

Cons: "Speed makes it handel like a grandpa car"

"My Grandfather boought this car Brand new in 1997. He passed away in 2008 and it sat in my fathers Barn until early 2012. Put a new battery in it and it started and ran like it never even had a four year nap. I only have a few qualms with this car, the first being the center cup holders. I dont know what buick was thinking, and maybe it was a last minute thing, But god are those cup holders cheap. The second issue i have is with the supercharger. I honestley cant tell if its boosting like it should, or if something is wrong. The boost gauge reads at the most 1.5psi. Maybe its just miss miss calibrated. Anyways, the car still feels fast. I wish it had a manual. That would make the car the most enjoyable car i have ever had the pleaseure of driving."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "GM window motors dependably fail at 30-40K"

"Bought as a program car with 15K, we've put 170K on this car. It has needed very few repairs, it's never left us in the lurch. It needed a tranny at 130K and other than regular maintenance and consumables that's it. We're getting ready to sell it, as at 185K, we can hear the power steering pump warning us that it's nearing the end. The engine is the old GM 3800, so it's still going strong, but the rest of the car is literally falling apart around it. I'd definitely buy another Buick if I could be assured that it would be as dependable as this one has been."

great car, take care and it will last forever

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

"best driver, maintains handling and drivability even after 10 years. 33 mpg on the highway at 75, wow! still rides like new. have only performed fluid changes and occasional alignment, no major issues."

Really fun car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "No heated seats in GS model"

"Not your parents' Buick, that's for sure. I love this car. Supercharger, 3.8L V6....this car can cruise! I have had this car for almost 8 years and have not regretted buying it for one minute. It's really responsive on turns and if you're a spirited driver like myself, the performance shifting really provides the quick pickup you need in certain situations. Traction control has come in handy during wet and snowy conditions and after I mounted all weather radials, it performed much better in the winter. It has all the luxury that you would expect from Buick - moonroof, dual power seats and climate control, premium sound, automatic adjusting rear view mirror and once I installed a remote starter it was perfect. Only thing missing from my model (GS) is the heated seats. I have to part with it - upgraded to an SUV - but will always love this car and recommend it to anyone who wants a safe, reliable, but mostly FUN car! Oh and I get approx 22mpg mostly highway, but you can check the on-board system information for all the stats."

Great car, pricey, love to drive, comfortable.

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Ok to drive, feel safe in it. Too pricey."

Cons: "Plastic parts break easily, Faux leather seats cra"

"I love this car, had it for 14 years. Starting to give problems. Biggest concern is the leather fabric in seats don't wear well, cracks, splitting used while working, parked in sun, it is now kept in my home garage. Seats are comfortable. CD player not working. A/C is great! Engine starts up immediately. Great tires/wheels/brakes. Average maintenance kept up all these years. Would buy another. m woods"

Best GM vehicle I ever owned

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cons: "no memory seat position control"

"The car has performed great all the yrs that I have had it(original owner) Only one sensor failed, replaced AC comp and struts thats it The supension could have been a bit tighter Responded well to routine maint."

a real good car

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

"this car is reliable no problems and still going"

Great ,reliable,and confortable!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power,nice ride!"

"I've had this car for over 7 years and it has been a great car.It had just under a 100k miles on it when I got it and it still looked new.It has been a faithful friend and never left me or my wife stranded.The only problems have been the front wheel bearings,each replaced once,and I just replaced the brakes and rotors(on front only)twice.But considering the mileage on the car that's not bad.It still has plenty of power and rides great!"

Great, dependable, powerful vehicle

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, dependable, lots of space!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got this vehicle from a dealer with 96k miles on it, and have driven it for about a year putting 10k miles on it. The gas mileage is not amazing, but with the turbocharged engine lugging that huge car around you don't really expect amazing gas mileage. I love how quickly the engine responds, and steering/driving is generally fun. Almost everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable and smooth the ride is for "such an old car" As far as work, other than putting new tires all i have done is oil changes, tire pressure and fluids. Overall, is a great car. Just wish it was standard/manual trans"

VERY good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"drives nice, very good cruiser or around town vehicle - 30 plus mpg highway,handles sharp- 'Gran Touring Suspension' xlnt stereo - 'Concert Sound II'. Seats could use more lumbar support - we use lumbar cushions from chiropractor - also - all these newer cars you sit too low - that's why pickups are so popular.Replaced front brake rotors and fuel pump @ 150000 - no other repairs.Fuel pump was still working fine."

Great car with one exception

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "power windows"

Cons: "everything else."

"We bought this car used and it has been one of the most reliable cars we ever owned. The heater and air conditioning are still as good as new. The only problem we have had is with the power windows. We have replaced them all and two, more than once. I love this car, it is easy to drive and a smooth ride for its size."

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, Reliable, Great Gas Mileage, Nice Rid"

"I purchased this car when it was 3 1/2 years old and had 22,000 miles on it. It has been a great car. The car is now 10 years old and I have only put about $250 into repairs. Car is great on gas for the size and I tend to get better mileage then many 4 cylinder cars. Highway mileage ranges from 33-37 to a gallon, and city averages around 19-22. This vehicle is very comfortable on long drives. I have owned 3 Regals and all of them have been great cars. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable mid-size car."

My Regalia

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great for road trips, great for daily trips"

Cons: "five people on a road trip wasn't very comfortable"

"I have owned this car for the last seven years, and prior to that it was my brothers, this car has taken me to North Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. To say that this car was reliable would be an understatement. This car created a family feel for me and my family, and to have to let it go was very difficult. I bought this car from my brother with 120k on it and drove it for the last 100k with little to no problems."

Nice Cruiser

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I bought a 2000 Regal LS with the Grand Touring Suspension, Premium Sound package in July of 2009. Have had to replace both front wheel bearings, odd that they died with only 55k on the car,...otherwise it has been rock solid and a pleasure to drive. Has plenty of ooomph when needed, but gets over 31 mpg at 65 mph on cruise. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and a great looking ride. GM- you discontinued this car?? What were you thinking??!"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"I bought my Regal with over 100,000 miles on it, and it is still a great car! It has been dependable, it still looks great, and it is fun to drive! I hope I can hold on to it for a long time! My only complaint (not the car's problem) is that it is white, and I see many "twins" to this car everywhere I go. Thanks, folks at Buick, for building a great car!"

Gonna keep it.......

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"Bought this car in early 2000 with 26,000 miles. Put an additional 107,000 miles and still going strong. No complaints. Replaced brakes twice but may be my foot is the problem. Still love the looks and is still comfortable. No aches after long drives, 1000 miles at a time. Peppy enought to safely merge into fast traffic and gas mileage is between 28 and 35 mpg country. I will keep it until it cries "UNCLE" and dies at my feet."

This has been an excellent car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "It is a pleasure to drive."

"I would recommend my Regal to anyone. It has an excellent ride and gets very good gas mileage. People have told me they can not believe it is a 1998 red Regal. I am looking for another one."

Great Great Car!!!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable."

Cons: "Everything a car needs - except a compass."

"I bought with 105,000. Now has 290,000. Minimal expenses. Great car. Would buy Buick product any day."

the best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"We love our Buick Regal, We wish GM still made cars of this quality, We have just done normal maintenance & this car is still serving us well"

This is the best car I have even owned!!

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"My 2003 Buick Regal has been outstanding. It's reliable, comfortable and still running stroung."

very easy driving and control. very comfort

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "great car for 2nd car or 1st."

"everything on this vehicle is in top shape. easy steering .very comfortable. good mileage. torbu get up and go!s one owner car. selling because, i"m moving to an assisted livinghome."

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup holder in the back seat"

"I have a boat and all though My Regal does not technically have a tow package I find it to tow my boat just fine! I bought it with 40,000 mi now it has nearly 128,000 mi. The power seats, windows, mirrors are awesome. The premium sound it surprising shocking considering it being factory even after 128000 mi it still sounds great! The ride, WOW, the ride is amazing weather you’re taking short trips or going on long distant road trips, if you make the ride in the front or in the back seat, it is a great ride."