1999 Buick Regal

Based on 408 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Great car.

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Reason: new car

Pros: "minimal maintenance and comfortable"

"Bought this car in 2007 with 40,000 miles and just passed it on to my oldest son with 120,000 miles on it. Great driver and dependable runner!"

We bought the car new and it has been a great car.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "A nice car, fun to drive, very good condition"

Cons: "Fender needs repair"

"A very good car to drive. Mileage is good and have had regular oil changes and repairs as they are needed. It has no rust but the right front fender needs to be repaired."

Really Nice Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "excellent acceleration, nice turning ability"

Cons: "no heated seats"

"This was my first regal that I had gotten. I had a different make of vehicle before and after 18 years broke down competely. This vehicle is currently undergoing some engine repair since it leaked antifreeze really badly. I am also working on it myself and compared to the other car I had this one is soooo much easier to work on with only a few problems it also has never to my knowledge under gone extensive repairs before other than what I have had done on it. It keeps on going no matter how I drive it. It does get up goes with little to no problems."

The car for me.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and so comfortable. Never broke down"

Cons: "steering wheel block air. cup holder broke easy."

"I am large this car is very comfortable. I have never broke down in this car. The engine to this day is excellent. Air conditioner still works , heater will blow you out of there. When folks ride in my car they always comment about how smooth the ride is. Little problems were the design of the steering wheel caused cool air not to blow on you. The frame around the gear shift doesn't stay together good as well as the cup holder. But those are miner things. My drivers side window has stopped working now and My torque converter is going out. But hey I am so proud of the service it has been given me. I am fixing to fix the car. I know it will be good for a few more years. Then When my niece pays off the car I co signed for her I will see about buying a pretty new one."

Reliable and comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Good road car. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Limited cup holders."

"Comfortable and reliable car. Great highway gas mileage and not bad around town. Good road car overall."

The engine runs fine. But..

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"The engine runs fine and I plan on getting a lot more miles out of this car, but the interior is wearing awful! The only cup holder in the front broke. The seats have ripped. The lights for the heater and mileage don't work. I hate the heater. Its a poor set up. I have to take my eyes off the road too long to set it. And I never seem to get enough heat. I also don't like the storage in the front seat. But the engine is good and i'll continue to use the car."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "GM window motors dependably fail at 30-40K"

"Bought as a program car with 15K, we've put 170K on this car. It has needed very few repairs, it's never left us in the lurch. It needed a tranny at 130K and other than regular maintenance and consumables that's it. We're getting ready to sell it, as at 185K, we can hear the power steering pump warning us that it's nearing the end. The engine is the old GM 3800, so it's still going strong, but the rest of the car is literally falling apart around it. I'd definitely buy another Buick if I could be assured that it would be as dependable as this one has been."

good car. great engine. a tad small.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"The 3.2 liter engine is unbelievably good and reliable. I am just over 6 feet tall and the interior is a bit small. For my comfort I have the seat all the way back which means there is no floor in the back seat. Fortunately, no one rides in the back. I would buy this car again."

the best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"We love our Buick Regal, We wish GM still made cars of this quality, We have just done normal maintenance & this car is still serving us well"

Fun Car, Unreliable with Age

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Comfy, Engine & Supercharger Indestructible"

Cons: "Interior Very Flimsy, Touchy Transmission"

"I absolutely LOVE this car, but it is not for everyone. The 3.8 Supercharged engine is a brute... so much torque and power, and also very tough. Easy and pretty cheap to modify too. But other parts of the car are somewhat weak or flimsy. The Interior is terrible... mostly brittle plastic. The transmission isn't the best... GM probably should have put something beefier in to handle all the torque, especially since it is FWD. Great in the snow... The traction control works surprisingly well. The suspension is okay... As the car ages, the rear starts to sag though. As for looks... Pretty ugly I have to say. Although when lowered with some aftermarket rims (OEM Rims make the car very ugly), it looks pretty mean! Boy this car is fast though! Very unsuspecting... that's really what makes this car worth having! The car does start going downhill at around 110000... at least mine has! Kind of a tinker toy, but I don't mind since it's my second car that I use for fun! I have about $1200 worth of modifications to the car... Almost have the Horsepower doubled! Not bad for a "Grandpa Car"!"