1999 Buick Regal

Based on 390 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best car we've ever had!

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Never let me down!"

"I am the original owner. I have always felt this car has everything, power, reliability, comfort, and nice looking. I would buy another Buick."

RUNS AND DRIVES REALLY WELL

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "LEATHER INTERIOR IS COMFORTABLE"

Cons: "CRUISE CONTROL DOES NOT WORK"

"BOUGHT THIS REGAL GS NEW AND HAVE SERVICED IT REGULARLY."

Great car.

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Reason: new car

Pros: "minimal maintenance and comfortable"

"Bought this car in 2007 with 40,000 miles and just passed it on to my oldest son with 120,000 miles on it. Great driver and dependable runner!"

We bought the car new and it has been a great car.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "A nice car, fun to drive, very good condition"

Cons: "Fender needs repair"

"A very good car to drive. Mileage is good and have had regular oil changes and repairs as they are needed. It has no rust but the right front fender needs to be repaired."

Really Nice Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "excellent acceleration, nice turning ability"

Cons: "no heated seats"

"This was my first regal that I had gotten. I had a different make of vehicle before and after 18 years broke down competely. This vehicle is currently undergoing some engine repair since it leaked antifreeze really badly. I am also working on it myself and compared to the other car I had this one is soooo much easier to work on with only a few problems it also has never to my knowledge under gone extensive repairs before other than what I have had done on it. It keeps on going no matter how I drive it. It does get up goes with little to no problems."

The car for me.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and so comfortable. Never broke down"

Cons: "steering wheel block air. cup holder broke easy."

"I am large this car is very comfortable. I have never broke down in this car. The engine to this day is excellent. Air conditioner still works , heater will blow you out of there. When folks ride in my car they always comment about how smooth the ride is. Little problems were the design of the steering wheel caused cool air not to blow on you. The frame around the gear shift doesn't stay together good as well as the cup holder. But those are miner things. My drivers side window has stopped working now and My torque converter is going out. But hey I am so proud of the service it has been given me. I am fixing to fix the car. I know it will be good for a few more years. Then When my niece pays off the car I co signed for her I will see about buying a pretty new one."

Reliable and comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Good road car. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Limited cup holders."

"Comfortable and reliable car. Great highway gas mileage and not bad around town. Good road car overall."

The engine runs fine. But..

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"The engine runs fine and I plan on getting a lot more miles out of this car, but the interior is wearing awful! The only cup holder in the front broke. The seats have ripped. The lights for the heater and mileage don't work. I hate the heater. Its a poor set up. I have to take my eyes off the road too long to set it. And I never seem to get enough heat. I also don't like the storage in the front seat. But the engine is good and i'll continue to use the car."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "GM window motors dependably fail at 30-40K"

"Bought as a program car with 15K, we've put 170K on this car. It has needed very few repairs, it's never left us in the lurch. It needed a tranny at 130K and other than regular maintenance and consumables that's it. We're getting ready to sell it, as at 185K, we can hear the power steering pump warning us that it's nearing the end. The engine is the old GM 3800, so it's still going strong, but the rest of the car is literally falling apart around it. I'd definitely buy another Buick if I could be assured that it would be as dependable as this one has been."

good car. great engine. a tad small.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"The 3.2 liter engine is unbelievably good and reliable. I am just over 6 feet tall and the interior is a bit small. For my comfort I have the seat all the way back which means there is no floor in the back seat. Fortunately, no one rides in the back. I would buy this car again."

the best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"We love our Buick Regal, We wish GM still made cars of this quality, We have just done normal maintenance & this car is still serving us well"

Fun Car, Unreliable with Age

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Comfy, Engine & Supercharger Indestructible"

Cons: "Interior Very Flimsy, Touchy Transmission"

"I absolutely LOVE this car, but it is not for everyone. The 3.8 Supercharged engine is a brute... so much torque and power, and also very tough. Easy and pretty cheap to modify too. But other parts of the car are somewhat weak or flimsy. The Interior is terrible... mostly brittle plastic. The transmission isn't the best... GM probably should have put something beefier in to handle all the torque, especially since it is FWD. Great in the snow... The traction control works surprisingly well. The suspension is okay... As the car ages, the rear starts to sag though. As for looks... Pretty ugly I have to say. Although when lowered with some aftermarket rims (OEM Rims make the car very ugly), it looks pretty mean! Boy this car is fast though! Very unsuspecting... that's really what makes this car worth having! The car does start going downhill at around 110000... at least mine has! Kind of a tinker toy, but I don't mind since it's my second car that I use for fun! I have about $1200 worth of modifications to the car... Almost have the Horsepower doubled! Not bad for a "Grandpa Car"!"

Love this Buick! comfort, handling!!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, easily manuverable, good on gas"

Cons: "yea, no cup holders."

"This is my 2nd Buick, and I love this one more than the first. This Regal loves long trips, the longer the trip, the better the gas mileage, best so far (in 2013) was 24.3 ..not too shabby for a 2000! Even tho this car had been wrecked (minor) before I bought it, it still handles great, A/C still cold, etc, etc. I have done regular preventative maintenance as well as replaced battery, radiator(dealer should have done this), and changed plugs/wires. Also replaced both 1/2 axles in the front, new brake pads, and one rim. I've used this poor car as a truck sometimes, hauling things in the trunk, back seat, and with the seats pushed forward. Luxury and utility combined! I love this car, and will probably buy another Buick when the time comes, maybe a smaller one tho."

Best GM vehicle I ever owned

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cons: "no memory seat position control"

"The car has performed great all the yrs that I have had it(original owner) Only one sensor failed, replaced AC comp and struts thats it The supension could have been a bit tighter Responded well to routine maint."

Nice to drive on highway!

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Reason: broke down to much

Pros: "comfortable ride"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"nice car but broke down to often. on the days that the vehicle did work it was a smooth ride loved it just wished it was more reliabil."

a real good car

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

"this car is reliable no problems and still going"

My "Silent Assassin"

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, silent engine, trunk, sound system"

Cons: "driver side window starting to go up slowly"

"The "Silent Assassin" I call him does work. This car is by far the most reliable one I have had thus far (also owned a 1992 Buick Park Avenue & 2000 Chevy Malibu LS). I've had it for almost a year & only needed to do oil changes & a headlamp replacement. I've taken this car to Ohio & can easily get 30 mpg on the highway. Leather seats are comfortable, the Gran Touring package is great as its suspension is solid, trunk space is NICE, & it's a joy to drive, especially knowing that the engine remains silent no matter how I drive, so there is plenty of life. You gotta love the popular 3.8L V6 engine. The kids love riding in the back seat banging out to music with its amazing Bose sound system. I will have this car paid off by next spring & am contemplating on whether I will keep it or trade it in for the car I really wanted last year (luxurious 2004-2005 Hyundai XG350). Either way, I love this vehicle & will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfy, reliable family car with great gas mileage & reputation."

The most reliable car i ever owned.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy...a car you can just drive"

Cons: "transmissions a little weak for FWD"

"Purchased car with 42k on it in 06. Routine maintenance and this car runs like a top. The only major thing(if ya wanna call it that) was the improved upper intake that most all Buick 3.8 engines from this yr needed...drove it for 2mo. till I discovered it needed it. $40 part and back to smooth. Wish I had the model with the supercharger, but the regular 200hp engine is still very potent. Interior classy, great sound system, leather interior and auto dimming mirrors.. quite comfy! These cars get awesome fuel economy."

What a Car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, And sleek"

Cons: "Speed makes it handel like a grandpa car"

"My Grandfather boought this car Brand new in 1997. He passed away in 2008 and it sat in my fathers Barn until early 2012. Put a new battery in it and it started and ran like it never even had a four year nap. I only have a few qualms with this car, the first being the center cup holders. I dont know what buick was thinking, and maybe it was a last minute thing, But god are those cup holders cheap. The second issue i have is with the supercharger. I honestley cant tell if its boosting like it should, or if something is wrong. The boost gauge reads at the most 1.5psi. Maybe its just miss miss calibrated. Anyways, the car still feels fast. I wish it had a manual. That would make the car the most enjoyable car i have ever had the pleaseure of driving."

Pap's car may be a best kept secret!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Power of the 3800, 27 mpg, quiet ride"

Cons: "Cup holders too close to elbows"

"I was fortunate to find a 2000 Regal GS recently with only 32,000 miles. The interior and exterior are in pristine condition. Beyond cosmetics the engine is smooth shifting and the ride is quiet and comfortable. The Monsoon stereo rivals the latest stereo systems. This was suppose to be my son's vehicle, but this older guy loves this older car."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great dependability, low maintenance."

Cons: "3.6 L engine did hav e recall for leaks."

"I have owned a Regal since 98. There has only been one issue with the AC and a few minor oil leaks.. It has nearly 170000 miles ans runs great. Some engine oil leaks, recall fixed it. It's really too bad cars need to go up in flame before GM backs up known issues."

Great ,reliable,and confortable!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power,nice ride!"

"I've had this car for over 7 years and it has been a great car.It had just under a 100k miles on it when I got it and it still looked new.It has been a faithful friend and never left me or my wife stranded.The only problems have been the front wheel bearings,each replaced once,and I just replaced the brakes and rotors(on front only)twice.But considering the mileage on the car that's not bad.It still has plenty of power and rides great!"

Love This Car!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "All the options, V6, good mpg, comfort, reliable"

Cons: "Price, but expected with Buicks"

"I bought this car used 5 1/2 years ago with 87,000 miles. It now has almost 195,000 on it and the only things I've ever needed to replace (aside from the expected costs like tires and filters) were the battery and water pump. The only real quirks I've experienced is that the left blinker goes out frequently and the driver's side window goes down when the car gets turned on (it goes back up). This problem seems to occur on a lot of vehicles, but I've never bothered to fix the window issue just because it's just a mild inconvenience and doesn't really bother me. I LOVE how it handles in the Minnesota winters and have never had an issue driving through even the worst snowstorms. Mine has virtually every option that they have (leather, sunroof, etc). I love that it's quick and responsive with the V6 engine which makes driving fun. The ride is quiet and comfortable even during 16 hour drives to Kentucky. Even with the V6, I still get about 20mpg in town and 25mpg highway. The best ever was on a trip to Indiana, I was getting 29mpg! Everyone laughs at me because I'm only 24 and have been driving this car since I was 19. After this car, though, I think I've become a lifelong Buick driver! VERY solid car with minimal issues! Can't say enough how much I love this car! Plan to keep it until it's no longer running!"

I have had Many cars this is my first Buick.

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Powerfull V6."

Cons: "Some of the workman ship could use some work."

My Buick Regal

"Well it drives Great. Mine cost me almost 7k. I like the leg room and the head room. Got a half a tank of gas for only 20 bucks. Great cold a/c Amazing power for a V-6 My first 4-wheel drive car. I like the stereo controls in the steering wheel. If you can pick one up under 7k I diffidently recommend this car."

My Buick Regal

Great, dependable, powerful vehicle

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, dependable, lots of space!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got this vehicle from a dealer with 96k miles on it, and have driven it for about a year putting 10k miles on it. The gas mileage is not amazing, but with the turbocharged engine lugging that huge car around you don't really expect amazing gas mileage. I love how quickly the engine responds, and steering/driving is generally fun. Almost everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable and smooth the ride is for "such an old car" As far as work, other than putting new tires all i have done is oil changes, tire pressure and fluids. Overall, is a great car. Just wish it was standard/manual trans"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25