1997 Buick Regal

Based on 431 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

What a Car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, And sleek"

Cons: "Speed makes it handel like a grandpa car"

"My Grandfather boought this car Brand new in 1997. He passed away in 2008 and it sat in my fathers Barn until early 2012. Put a new battery in it and it started and ran like it never even had a four year nap. I only have a few qualms with this car, the first being the center cup holders. I dont know what buick was thinking, and maybe it was a last minute thing, But god are those cup holders cheap. The second issue i have is with the supercharger. I honestley cant tell if its boosting like it should, or if something is wrong. The boost gauge reads at the most 1.5psi. Maybe its just miss miss calibrated. Anyways, the car still feels fast. I wish it had a manual. That would make the car the most enjoyable car i have ever had the pleaseure of driving."

Great, dependable, powerful vehicle

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, dependable, lots of space!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got this vehicle from a dealer with 96k miles on it, and have driven it for about a year putting 10k miles on it. The gas mileage is not amazing, but with the turbocharged engine lugging that huge car around you don't really expect amazing gas mileage. I love how quickly the engine responds, and steering/driving is generally fun. Almost everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable and smooth the ride is for "such an old car" As far as work, other than putting new tires all i have done is oil changes, tire pressure and fluids. Overall, is a great car. Just wish it was standard/manual trans"

Nice Cruiser

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I bought a 2000 Regal LS with the Grand Touring Suspension, Premium Sound package in July of 2009. Have had to replace both front wheel bearings, odd that they died with only 55k on the car,...otherwise it has been rock solid and a pleasure to drive. Has plenty of ooomph when needed, but gets over 31 mpg at 65 mph on cruise. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and a great looking ride. GM- you discontinued this car?? What were you thinking??!"

Really fun car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "No heated seats in GS model"

"Not your parents' Buick, that's for sure. I love this car. Supercharger, 3.8L V6....this car can cruise! I have had this car for almost 8 years and have not regretted buying it for one minute. It's really responsive on turns and if you're a spirited driver like myself, the performance shifting really provides the quick pickup you need in certain situations. Traction control has come in handy during wet and snowy conditions and after I mounted all weather radials, it performed much better in the winter. It has all the luxury that you would expect from Buick - moonroof, dual power seats and climate control, premium sound, automatic adjusting rear view mirror and once I installed a remote starter it was perfect. Only thing missing from my model (GS) is the heated seats. I have to part with it - upgraded to an SUV - but will always love this car and recommend it to anyone who wants a safe, reliable, but mostly FUN car! Oh and I get approx 22mpg mostly highway, but you can check the on-board system information for all the stats."

Great ,reliable,and confortable!

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power,nice ride!"

"I've had this car for over 7 years and it has been a great car.It had just under a 100k miles on it when I got it and it still looked new.It has been a faithful friend and never left me or my wife stranded.The only problems have been the front wheel bearings,each replaced once,and I just replaced the brakes and rotors(on front only)twice.But considering the mileage on the car that's not bad.It still has plenty of power and rides great!"