1996 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 240 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Solid vehicle

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"My vehicle, a 1992 Buick Regal, is a very reliable automobile. I can trust that it will get me where I want to go with minimal (if any) problems, concerns -- and expense."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 09, 2009

"I bought my '94 Regal Custom 3800 for $800 about 4 yrs ago with 85k on it. It now has 125k on it and is still running strong. I don't think the previous owner took very good care of it... it came with a bad alternator, virtually no brakes, bad a/c compressor, bad power antenna, bad coil pack, and a bad fuel pump. I know a mechanic that took care of all the problems for me for around $300 (using junkyard parts). I did have to replace the alternator again last year though. Regular maintenance aside, nothing else has gone wrong with this car. It starts every time, no matter what the weather (I measured -25F one time). Well worth the money for me!!"

Great Value

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for over three years and never had a mechanical problem other than routine maintenance. For the low cost of vehicle, you have almost every possible option, great performance and smooth riding as a car that costs ten times the price."

A DEFINITE GOOD OVERALL

By on Friday, March 06, 2009

"I got my 1994 buick regal custom sedan, 3.8 power everything, got from dealer @ 167K miles, now is at 193K miles, have had to do [alternator, starter, plug wires, and regular oil changes] i still have this car and is not in the best cosmetic shape, but hey, what do ya expect 4 a 94'. absolutly ZERO rust anywhere else except one little patch 1" square on roof. i run hard miles into town and back, i Would NEVER doubt this car, even with the mileage it has, i would take from MN to California, or NYC any day. about the only problem is is that the disc inside the steeringwheel air bag is messed up, so the air bag light is on. but doesnt affect performance @ all."

cheapest to maintain

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"proper care to this car meaning regular maintaince like trany filter and intake gasket this car could get well over 250000 miles with very little expence these cars are not that easy to find for sale. several people I know with this car will not part with them. I have had mine for 11 years."

Acts Like an Old Car

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"I bought this vehicle with 128,000 miles on it, and had to do some typical maintenance, including replacing the A/C unit, steering column switch, air flow sensor, will need to replace the brakes in the near future, have been having issues with the mileage, lucky if I get 24 on the highway, 16 in the city, but approaching 162,000 miles and still running fairly strong, aside from the fact the prior owner must have been clumsy with this car, as it looks beat up both on the inside and outside. I certainly got my money's worth out of this car, and she has a mind of her own at times."

1990 Buick Tank

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I have a 1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.8 V6. First of all, this car was nicely kept in storage for about 6-7 years so when I received the vehicle it had low mileage and the A/C still worked, but only for about 2 years. Overall this car lasted me a good while; long enough to get me through college and saved my neck in a few car accidents. This thing was built TOUGH!! And I would know because I put it through a LOT. The gas mileage has always been stellar. The only thing that gave me problems was the transmission which I needed to replace around 2004 and the blinkers/tail lights, which happened to be connected to the steering column, shorted out and needed to be replaced constantly. The engine was built great and has a lot of power and the handling/steering is wonderful especially for turning corners and make tight u-turns. This would make a great car, no matter the condition, for a younger person who needs a sturdy vehicle to endure the normal wear-and-tear that it will be subjected to. Great fun, zippy, yet comfortable ride :)"

omg this thing is the best!!!!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"this thing is the best it has power and comfort and has good sound system adn its just the best thing i"ve never owned a buick except this one and its the best.... enjoy your regal"

Stole my heart!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"This was the first car I learned to drive, passed down to me from my grandfather. After 17 years of existence (8 of those years being spent with me!), I continue to be amazed and awed by how well and how smooth this car rides. Other than routine maintenance, this car has always run great! I needed to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor after the car would die at random moments, but after that was fixed 2 years ago, she's ran as good as new! This car has taken me to Washington and Idaho and Wyoming and all the way back to California without ever having to call AAA for a tow! I will admit that some features broke that would have been useful. The AC burnt out about 6 years back. The glove compartment handle broke, making it impossible to get to the trunk hatch button. The odometer has been on the fritz for about 10 years. The antenna does not go up and down, and the strero is beginning to get staticky. The seatbelts in the back never retracted very well. And the emergency brake handle snapped off. However, all things considered, as far as functionality of a car is considered, this car runs like no other car I've driven! A simple tap of the pedal and you have power; and with cruising? Take your foot of the gas and the digital numbers on the speedometer slowly begin to drop down. About 30MPG on the freeway. Not the best brakes, but that just means you have to drive more defensively. Like I said, GM truly created a fun, smooth car to drive with the creation of this model. Thank you for the many memories Buey!"

Best of the Best

By on Monday, July 14, 2008

"I bought my Buick Regal GS new in July of 1989. it is now July 2008 (19 years). It handles like a sports car, is quick and has plenty of power, I could not expect more than it has given. This car was available in either the 2.8 or 3.1 engine, mine is the 3.1. I have never once had to add a quart of oil between changes at 5 - 7000 miles, never had any major engine or transmission repairs, only servicing such as brakes, oil/fluid changes, belts and hoses. About 10 years ago I had the left power window repaired, the computer module replaced, and replaced the headliner. Other than that, nothing but routine maintenance. Though the paint was still pretty good I had it repainted the original color about 5 years ago, and it still looks good. It now has over 275,000 miles and runs as strong as ever. This is an amazing vehicle that I would not trade even now for most of the new ones."