1996 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 237 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

Buick regal 1993

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"i have had this car for 6 years pretty much the best car verry easy to work on yourself the only prob. i have ever had was the oil filter is in a weird spot . verry good in the snow awesome power"

excellent car

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I purchased this car in the spring of 2008 and have not put one dime into maintence on it except I did add some freeon for the A/C and that is it. This car drives like a dream and totally comfortable. I have had 2 people offer to buy it but will not part from it for now at least. It's all paid for."

3.8L (Best Motor Ever)

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I bought this vehicle my senior year of high school, and I still have the car today as I am graduating from college. The vehicle has almost 160K on it and still runs like new. It has a 3.8L motor in it, and people who know cars know that this is one of...if not the best motor ever made. It has very low repairs, it has power, and I get 30 MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for? Whether it's a Bonneville, Regal, Grand Prix, Lesabre, etc....just look for the 3.8L engine and you'll be fine. It makes no difference what brand you buy...it's all about the motor."

can't go wrong

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this car in 2000 for $7500 with 80,000 miles on it. It now has 208,000 miles on it and still doesn't use any oil. I put an alternator in it and an EGR valve and a plastic water hose connector in the intake manifold broke throughout my 9 years, but I call that routine maintenance. I service the car regularly, but I drive it hard. The paint is coming off and it has hit 3 deer and a large dog, but the car won't die. I get 30 mpg on the highway and 24 in town. The GM 3800 could verywell be the best engine they ever built. I would buy one without hesitation. The car was a looker when I got it. The GS model is very nice and comfortable, And I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. I will own it until the wheels fall off and then probably put them back on and drive it some more. I expect the drivetrain will make 300,000 miles if the body can stand wisconsin winters for that long."

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. It has served me well, with fairly few problems. The ride is very comfortable, & it certainly has the power should you want to engage in a bit of aggressive driving. On the down side, the brakes on my car were a bit soft, and I do not like the location of the battery (hidden under the windshield washer fluid.) Unfortunately, I just totaled it today, when I spun out after hitting an unexpected patch of slush, although I found out that it absorbs impact quite well. I hit the guard rail at about 65 mph during the spin, and am essentially unscathed with some minor whiplash. Overall I have had a great experience with this car and will miss it."