1996 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

very classy car, excellent mileage

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent mileage, awesome looks"

Cons: "one cup holder"

"This car routinely gets over 30mpg on the highway, running 80mph. Handling is awesome with the Grand Touring Package and 3.8L engine. Awesome power, great looks and styling. Some minor issues but nothing serious and has always been ready to roll anytime anywhere. Cant beat it even though the car is 20 years old. Way better looking than the American competition and definitely better styling than any of the imports. I always get compliments about this car, and will shut down alot of cars when it comes to performance. No reason to ever buy foreign, especially the 10 years or so. Also have the sister car to this, 1996 Pntiac Grand Prix SE 3.1 with 200k and it still gets 28mpg and is very reliable."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I bought my 95 Buick from a car auction about 3 years ago. Has the 3.8..love it! This has been the best car I've had! Usual maintanence things. Hasn't ever left me stranded. Oil filter in a hard to reach spot..but other than that I will drive this car till it just won't go anymore! And then hopefully find another Buick Regal!"

Good family car, just needs a little love

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe"

Cons: "no car lighter, fuse problems for lights"

"My friend crashed my car and I don't have the patients to fix it. It runs, but after five to ten minutes the acceleration stops. I don't know what's wrong, but besides that and some front exterior damage, it's reliable. I had no problems before the crash driving wise. I just have a baby on the way and don't have the time to figure out what's wrong and fix it. It could be something small. She has a lot of miles but I've driven her to central California and back non stop both ways. She is a safe, reliable, comfortable car. It was my first and I wish I could keep it but once again I just don't have the time or patients."

Buick regal 1993

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"i have had this car for 6 years pretty much the best car verry easy to work on yourself the only prob. i have ever had was the oil filter is in a weird spot . verry good in the snow awesome power"

excellent car

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I purchased this car in the spring of 2008 and have not put one dime into maintence on it except I did add some freeon for the A/C and that is it. This car drives like a dream and totally comfortable. I have had 2 people offer to buy it but will not part from it for now at least. It's all paid for."

3.8L (Best Motor Ever)

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I bought this vehicle my senior year of high school, and I still have the car today as I am graduating from college. The vehicle has almost 160K on it and still runs like new. It has a 3.8L motor in it, and people who know cars know that this is one of...if not the best motor ever made. It has very low repairs, it has power, and I get 30 MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for? Whether it's a Bonneville, Regal, Grand Prix, Lesabre, etc....just look for the 3.8L engine and you'll be fine. It makes no difference what brand you buy...it's all about the motor."

can't go wrong

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this car in 2000 for $7500 with 80,000 miles on it. It now has 208,000 miles on it and still doesn't use any oil. I put an alternator in it and an EGR valve and a plastic water hose connector in the intake manifold broke throughout my 9 years, but I call that routine maintenance. I service the car regularly, but I drive it hard. The paint is coming off and it has hit 3 deer and a large dog, but the car won't die. I get 30 mpg on the highway and 24 in town. The GM 3800 could verywell be the best engine they ever built. I would buy one without hesitation. The car was a looker when I got it. The GS model is very nice and comfortable, And I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. I will own it until the wheels fall off and then probably put them back on and drive it some more. I expect the drivetrain will make 300,000 miles if the body can stand wisconsin winters for that long."

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. It has served me well, with fairly few problems. The ride is very comfortable, & it certainly has the power should you want to engage in a bit of aggressive driving. On the down side, the brakes on my car were a bit soft, and I do not like the location of the battery (hidden under the windshield washer fluid.) Unfortunately, I just totaled it today, when I spun out after hitting an unexpected patch of slush, although I found out that it absorbs impact quite well. I hit the guard rail at about 65 mph during the spin, and am essentially unscathed with some minor whiplash. Overall I have had a great experience with this car and will miss it."

My first car, and still going!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I learned to drive in this car, it served me all through college and is still going strong! It is such a smooth ride, and is great for on the freeway because you take your foot off the gas and it keeps on coasting! This car has been in our family for 17 years, starting with my grandfather. It has been well taken care of, and other than minor problems (i.e. antenna that won't retract, radio interference with the FM tuner, an odometer that stopped ticking and a broken glove compartment handle) it runs GREAT and is very operational. Have never had problems getting stuck on the side of the road, and would whole-heartedly recommend this vehicle to anyone! It's a good value for the money!!!"

Good Car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I bought my gran sport coupe edition with a 3.8 liter V6 for 800 dollars. It had 215000 miles on it and the car runs great! There is a lot of cosmetic problems like the blinkers are wierd and the windows dont go down any more. But the a/c still works great, but only on full blast. The fact is, I got this car after it had been run into the ground and it keeps going. The only thing I would be worried about in buying another is the door handles. They are all plastic and my driverside one has broke. Strong engine!"

1994 Buick Regal

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This car is so comfortable and reliable too. I bought it used, 112K on it now and not one ounce of trouble. I am going to trade it in for a minivan with sliding doors as I'm going to have a baby and the doors on this car are way too heavy and I live on a hill. Otherwise, I would keep it!!! I love this car!"

Good Car

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I've had 1995 Buick Regal Custom 2 doors with 3.8 liter. It has leather seat, 6 speakers. It has 134,200 miles and still runs smooth and fast. I am first original owner and own for 12 years."

Hard to beat a Buick!

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"She's been a great vehicle for me - 1993 Regal - 183 THOUSAND miles and still going strong! original engine (3.8) original tranny - she's nothing short of impressive. Great gas mileage, rides like none other - smooth and comfortable. It's a cruising car with plenty of kick in the pants! 105mph. Always started in 30 below, always stayed cool in 110. I've owned this car for 6 years now - Great Car!! By the way, I am 23 years old now...yeah yeah, a Buick!?!? I know! Who needs a sports car when you could drive a Buick!!"

Still going strong

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"1994 Buick Regal Great car. Have had no major work or repairs. Nice size. Plan to drive until it quits."

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"This IS the best car I've ever owned. It's a '92 Limited, 3.1, 4DR sedan. The only thing wrong with it is the odometer stoped working (crazy, huh?) around 127,000 miles. By now it has to have at least 300,000 on it...no kidding. It's always given me great gas mileage (even now when it's harder to precisely check it, it's been 30+ on the highway) and the smooth, comfortable ride, especially over-the-road can't be beat. The paint job (I LOVE the dark blue color) has held up extremely well, with only minor chips, and that may be from gravel kicked up by trucks. The driver's seat is showing wear, as the trim is wearing out, but that's minor to me. I wish Buick would make Regals like this again...I'd have no hesitation buying one. People never guess that it's a 15 yr old car. I've owned this car for 11 years. The place below that only lets you say "over 3 years" doesn't do this car justice. If you have one, keep it until it takes it's last breath. You'll be glad you did."

great car! great price can't beat the 3.8 motor!!!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "motor,price,ridecomfort"

Cons: "seats"

"I bought this car about a year ago with 65k on it and only paid $2300 pri/sale it is the gs model with most options the only things i have had to do is rear brakes due to the car sitting before my purchase and reg oil changes,i drive 50 miles round trip for work and this car has been great,my only gripe is the seats are too small as i am 6ft and the back of the seat doesn't come up to my shoulder,I now have over 75k on it and not 1 issue."

This is an awesome used car!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive, smooth ride, good brake system,"

Cons: "Short and small cup holders, small glovebox"

"This car is a perfect starter car for a young driver! This was my first car and I absolutely love it. Its easy to drive, maneuver and operates smoothly. Perfect steering suspension, smooth ride, and comfortable seats. The radio, Cd/cassete player has its issues, but its an old car, so I don't complain much about those. As far as the actual car and driving, its incredible! Wish I could buy a newer one just like it!"

one of the best used cars out there!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"i bought this car 7 years ago with 95k miles on it for 1000 dollars. 90k miles later, its running stronger than ever, shifts smooth, doesnt burn any oil, always starts and never fails me. my father is a mechanic and knows about cars. this car is WELL MADE and it all starts with the 3800. It will last another 185k with ease."

Great CAr!

By on Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Just bought this vehicle as my second car I have ever owned. Vey nice car. Has 175000 mils on it and it doesnt have any problems...everything still works awesome....Very reliable. Real Comftorable..."

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"1st time car. Gets me where I want to go. Its nice looking, and has very reliable parts. I prefer it over my moms car (2006 altima)!"

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"This car is very reliable, if if has the 3.8 in it those are some of the best engines gm made. I would recommend this car to any one of my friends. The car rides like a dream, it as always started for me even in below freezing temps. It has everything inside that you could want. (gransport). Very good car over all."

great car

By on Monday, November 09, 2009

"i got this car and drive it all over the place. very reliable and plenty of power."

Best value ever

By on Friday, September 18, 2009

"I think it has been the best car I have ever Had. Rides very smooth."

Solid vehicle

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"My vehicle, a 1992 Buick Regal, is a very reliable automobile. I can trust that it will get me where I want to go with minimal (if any) problems, concerns -- and expense."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 09, 2009

"I bought my '94 Regal Custom 3800 for $800 about 4 yrs ago with 85k on it. It now has 125k on it and is still running strong. I don't think the previous owner took very good care of it... it came with a bad alternator, virtually no brakes, bad a/c compressor, bad power antenna, bad coil pack, and a bad fuel pump. I know a mechanic that took care of all the problems for me for around $300 (using junkyard parts). I did have to replace the alternator again last year though. Regular maintenance aside, nothing else has gone wrong with this car. It starts every time, no matter what the weather (I measured -25F one time). Well worth the money for me!!"