1996 Buick Regal

8.3

Based on 234 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

Would totally consider leasing/purchase a Regal.

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Regal is a great car"

Cons: "No complaints"

"I have owned this car for 19 years. I truly got my money's worth. Cost for repairs/service never over $1000.00. Tires replaced once. Originally leased a 92 Regal for 36 mths, then leased my second a 95 Regal for 30 months then purchased it."

Good Car

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "reliable, parts easy to find"

Cons: "16 mpg"

"I bought this car when the car was 17 years old, it had been poorly maintained. I have only had to fix ONE thing on it in the last year. I bought this car for $300, thinking it would last me a month or two, and it is still keeping on. I would recommend this car to anyone."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"very durable vehicle"

great car, too low for me

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "mpg, seats 6 comfortably"

Cons: "not made for tall people"

"I own this regal (3.1 v6, 109,000 miles), a 1998 expedition (5.4 v8, 698,000 miles), a 2005 grand caravan (3.3 v6, 104,000 miles), and a 1991 ford f-150 (5.8 v8, 441,000). All of them are great, american-made, strong vehicles. the buick I bought used with 102,000 miles on it for $500 about a year ago, and I see it lasting a long time for someone else, it sits too low for my 5'9" figure (27 mpg). the expedition I bought new in 98', and it is among my favorite vehicles I have owned, and i have owned many, it has been neglected and beaten, but runs strong and hopefully will for a long, long time (4.5 mpg, but very comfy with its bulletproof engine). the dodge I bought used a few months ago with 96,000 miles on it, it is comfortable, although I don't see it lasting as long as my fords (19 mpg). my f-150 I bought used in 04' with 158,000 miles on it, it runs as strong as my expedition, and is very comfy (23 mpg, best truck, especially when it comes to v8's, for gas milage, even better than the new ones). This car would be a perfect car for anyone of any age, as long as they aren't taller than about 5'5" because then it's hard to get out of, especially on an angle. its also harder to see over all the other vehicles like I can in my trucks. if you're looking for something that will last a million miles, I would highly recommend a for truck."

Excellent gas mileage; best vehicle ever.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "because it is older, parts getting hard to find"

"Since day one, this vehicle has gotten between 36-40 mpg on the highway and 28-30 mpg around town. Smooth ride, very reliable and comfortable. Trunk is huge!"

bought car with 77,000 10yrs.ago it now has 163000

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride on I-95 @75mph and around town"

Cons: "i,m small w/adjust trbl.see over dash+frontend"

"this car drives down the road smooth+easy plenty of room inside I still drive from fla.to pa.two times a year{scared to fly}without worry. my mechanic checks it for me before each trip he replaced a belt+hose last time,he said he would drive it to calf.with no concern.over the years I put approx.90,000 miles on car..put tires,alternator, front brakes,battery,wiper blades,the only big expense was for the a/c, prices ranged from $1200 but I found an old fellow who has been in a/c's 35yrs he fixed it for $600.00 and one of my strawberry cheese cakes.I plan on giving it to my grandson in 2yrs.when he gets his license.my car averages 24miles per gal.looking for 40+,and a car easier to get in and out of{i'm 78yrs}Ilove this car it will always bring me home I can count on that..163,000miles"

I love this car.

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "So comfortable"

Cons: "Cannot use "compact" parking stalls"

"I bought this car Sept. 2009 from a 92 yr old grandmother with 39,000 original miles on it. She used it to go shopping. It was in immaculate condition. Beautiful burgundy leather upholstery. I don't think anyone had even sat in the back seats. It's like a limo. It rides beautifully. I use it for shopping as well. My brother is a mechanic back home and thought it was great. I've replaced 2 tires and water pump.. I will be moving to the Mainland in the Spring and will be so sorry to leave it behind."

3800 GS 1994

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable, a great ride"

Cons: "n/a"

"Love this car, still has original motor and timing chain. Just this year we changed the original radiator hoses, car always looks great. Only had to replace a fuel pump and two starters in 15 years. I'm sorry they stopped making 2-door GS. going for 400000 miles"

Good family car, just needs a little love

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe"

Cons: "no car lighter, fuse problems for lights"

"My friend crashed my car and I don't have the patients to fix it. It runs, but after five to ten minutes the acceleration stops. I don't know what's wrong, but besides that and some front exterior damage, it's reliable. I had no problems before the crash driving wise. I just have a baby on the way and don't have the time to figure out what's wrong and fix it. It could be something small. She has a lot of miles but I've driven her to central California and back non stop both ways. She is a safe, reliable, comfortable car. It was my first and I wish I could keep it but once again I just don't have the time or patients."

300k miles and still going strong

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "So reliable, comfy seats/ride, great for roadtrips"

Cons: "Hard to get out of back seat"

"We've had our 93 regal in the family for about 12 years now. We bought it from my great grandfather and it had 30k miles at the time. Fast forward to today and it's still our daily driver. I put about 70 miles a day on it with no issues. We even recently took a 1000 mile trip to the beach with this car. These old buicks are pretty much pegged as "old folk" cars, but as a 20 year old guy, I could care less. My regal is awesome and I wouldn't trade it for any other car. Everything in our regal works, and is all original too. Engine has never been rebuilt/replaced, neither has the transmission. A/C and all accessories work as well. They really knew how to build these cars. What's really shocking is how cheap you can get these for. I've found a couple here locally in the 1500 range, sometimes lower, and nothing is really wrong with them. A few basic things have went out over the years: couple alternators, starter motor, rear struts, transmission lines, couple of thermostats, brake pads/rotors, and other small fixes here and there. All of these well under $300, and most done by myself to save money."

Dependable car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, mpg, quiet, sturdy"

Cons: "no cup holders ~ really!"

"Bought this car from one owner. Elderly lady owned and from the mileage you can see she hardly ever drove it. Great car. Dependable, sturdy, comfy and not bad on gas. Not fond of the color (tan) so future paint job ... We have owned it for a little over a year and I am still glad we bought this car. We have to replace some gaskets, the ac has a leak, and the tubes for the wiper fluid needs to be repaired. Nothing major and the car runs great. It seats six people so that is a plus too, since we have six in our family! Giving to our oldest for her first car next year."

Good car but old.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Old, needs parts."

"Comfortable and easy to drive; getting old."

I like my car

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Great engine and functionality"

Cons: "Electrical and interior components are wearing out"

"This is the first car I've ever owned. I've had it for 6 years now. It is a robust vehicle. I especially like the quick pickup and power from the V6 engine. Gas mileage is about 23-24 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. I have had few mechanical fixes since I've owned the car. Most of the repairs have been sensors or other electrical components. The interior components don't seem as robust as they should be. Paint scratching off, buttons worn, ceiling carpet falling in the back etc. But overall, it is a great, powerful car."

a great mid-life car

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "great to drive when you feel like a kid!!!"

Cons: "doors kinda heavy"

"bought this car from a gentleman i know who would not let a weeks worth of dirt and grime to collect on it, including the engine compartment. i actuately drove the car for the first time and it had 199,000 miles on it. so i was expecting absolutely nothing. then i put my foot into it. holy guacamoly!!! talk about giddy-up and very responsive steering. even my machanic laughed and said so now you own a hot rod...loL. still gets 20 mpg combined on 87 ooctane. enjoy driving yours"

very classy car, excellent mileage

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent mileage, awesome looks"

Cons: "one cup holder"

"This car routinely gets over 30mpg on the highway, running 80mph. Handling is awesome with the Grand Touring Package and 3.8L engine. Awesome power, great looks and styling. Some minor issues but nothing serious and has always been ready to roll anytime anywhere. Cant beat it even though the car is 20 years old. Way better looking than the American competition and definitely better styling than any of the imports. I always get compliments about this car, and will shut down alot of cars when it comes to performance. No reason to ever buy foreign, especially the 10 years or so. Also have the sister car to this, 1996 Pntiac Grand Prix SE 3.1 with 200k and it still gets 28mpg and is very reliable."

Fantastic car, with two minor design problems...

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "gas milage 30 hwy @ 65mph, 24 city"

Cons: "seat belt location"

"1st design problem are the seat belts, both anchor points are on the door. While it makes it easy to leave buckled and slide into belts and seat at same time, it would not be my favorite place to be in a roll over. I realized this as my 3.8 liter V-6 propelled me down I-75 one morning at 2am doing 110. I slowed down. The 2nd design issue its doors are so long, to accomadate easy access into back seat, that the front seat is hard to get out of in tight parking spots. BUT, over all I love my baby and will probably keep her for a long time. Runs great and never lets me down."

Super Great Car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"Fast comfortable silent and very reliable will never need a mechanic if its well taken care of"

best car yet!

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"bought this reagel over two years ago with over 200000 miles on it! still starts every day now has 233000 have have very min maint on this car. and to the gentlmen with the starting problem that stumped mechanics?? try getting a new key my car did the same thing i started using the spare key havent had a problem since. the key has a sensor on the base of the key that wears out over time."

very nice car

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"good:this car has never let me down "EVER". this car has a lot of highway miles but is still very strong it has the 3800 series 2 with 219k miles!bad:the right side rear door has a dent [small] and the drivers seat has a rip other than that it's a nice car!"

very comfortable,responsive,good looking car

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"This has been a great car.Very comfortable and lots of room,trunk large also.Only real problems were the ignition and front end(major) Still would recommend it as a reliable car.Dont like the way Buick tries to make it hard for anyone to work on the car besides them and they tend to be expensive."

great car! great price can't beat the 3.8 motor!!!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "motor,price,ridecomfort"

Cons: "seats"

"I bought this car about a year ago with 65k on it and only paid $2300 pri/sale it is the gs model with most options the only things i have had to do is rear brakes due to the car sitting before my purchase and reg oil changes,i drive 50 miles round trip for work and this car has been great,my only gripe is the seats are too small as i am 6ft and the back of the seat doesn't come up to my shoulder,I now have over 75k on it and not 1 issue."

I Love My Car!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, Comfortable Ride. Good Gas Mileage!"

Cons: "No Cup Holders/Cd Player. Power windows/mirrors."

"I've had this car for a few months now and because it is 15 years old, I've had to have some work done. Luckliy my father is an auto mechanic so I got the best price possible for all parts and labor. *Alternator"

best car I ever owned

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, great interior space for my size"

Cons: "plastic headlamp lenses"

"Mine is the Gran Sport edition, sedan, with the 3.8 motor. This motor has never given me a problem and has never had to be opened. Sure, I've replaced a water pump, alternator, AC compressor and batteries but never a problem with the motor. On the highway, I will still get 30mpg while in town I am getting about 22. I hate to have to replace it because Buick doesn't have anything that will match it but parts are being discontinued which makes keeping it up hard to do when you don't have the time to search junkyards. My only criticism is with the headlight lenses. Since they are plastic, they are no longer clear which decreases the light on the road. Sure wish Buick had kept it in production!!"

good car drives great

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "like ne"

Cons: "one small dent left front fender"

"this car is in good condition. color is black looks good under hood no oil leaks no engin noise it is in great and low milage............................ new tires on car, drives good and looks good. trunk is. its hard to think of anything else"

This is an awesome used car!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive, smooth ride, good brake system,"

Cons: "Short and small cup holders, small glovebox"

"This car is a perfect starter car for a young driver! This was my first car and I absolutely love it. Its easy to drive, maneuver and operates smoothly. Perfect steering suspension, smooth ride, and comfortable seats. The radio, Cd/cassete player has its issues, but its an old car, so I don't complain much about those. As far as the actual car and driving, its incredible! Wish I could buy a newer one just like it!"