1995 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

Great Value

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for over three years and never had a mechanical problem other than routine maintenance. For the low cost of vehicle, you have almost every possible option, great performance and smooth riding as a car that costs ten times the price."

A DEFINITE GOOD OVERALL

By on Friday, March 06, 2009

"I got my 1994 buick regal custom sedan, 3.8 power everything, got from dealer @ 167K miles, now is at 193K miles, have had to do [alternator, starter, plug wires, and regular oil changes] i still have this car and is not in the best cosmetic shape, but hey, what do ya expect 4 a 94'. absolutly ZERO rust anywhere else except one little patch 1" square on roof. i run hard miles into town and back, i Would NEVER doubt this car, even with the mileage it has, i would take from MN to California, or NYC any day. about the only problem is is that the disc inside the steeringwheel air bag is messed up, so the air bag light is on. but doesnt affect performance @ all."

cheapest to maintain

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"proper care to this car meaning regular maintaince like trany filter and intake gasket this car could get well over 250000 miles with very little expence these cars are not that easy to find for sale. several people I know with this car will not part with them. I have had mine for 11 years."

Acts Like an Old Car

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"I bought this vehicle with 128,000 miles on it, and had to do some typical maintenance, including replacing the A/C unit, steering column switch, air flow sensor, will need to replace the brakes in the near future, have been having issues with the mileage, lucky if I get 24 on the highway, 16 in the city, but approaching 162,000 miles and still running fairly strong, aside from the fact the prior owner must have been clumsy with this car, as it looks beat up both on the inside and outside. I certainly got my money's worth out of this car, and she has a mind of her own at times."

1990 Buick Tank

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I have a 1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.8 V6. First of all, this car was nicely kept in storage for about 6-7 years so when I received the vehicle it had low mileage and the A/C still worked, but only for about 2 years. Overall this car lasted me a good while; long enough to get me through college and saved my neck in a few car accidents. This thing was built TOUGH!! And I would know because I put it through a LOT. The gas mileage has always been stellar. The only thing that gave me problems was the transmission which I needed to replace around 2004 and the blinkers/tail lights, which happened to be connected to the steering column, shorted out and needed to be replaced constantly. The engine was built great and has a lot of power and the handling/steering is wonderful especially for turning corners and make tight u-turns. This would make a great car, no matter the condition, for a younger person who needs a sturdy vehicle to endure the normal wear-and-tear that it will be subjected to. Great fun, zippy, yet comfortable ride :)"

omg this thing is the best!!!!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"this thing is the best it has power and comfort and has good sound system adn its just the best thing i"ve never owned a buick except this one and its the best.... enjoy your regal"

Stole my heart!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"This was the first car I learned to drive, passed down to me from my grandfather. After 17 years of existence (8 of those years being spent with me!), I continue to be amazed and awed by how well and how smooth this car rides. Other than routine maintenance, this car has always run great! I needed to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor after the car would die at random moments, but after that was fixed 2 years ago, she's ran as good as new! This car has taken me to Washington and Idaho and Wyoming and all the way back to California without ever having to call AAA for a tow! I will admit that some features broke that would have been useful. The AC burnt out about 6 years back. The glove compartment handle broke, making it impossible to get to the trunk hatch button. The odometer has been on the fritz for about 10 years. The antenna does not go up and down, and the strero is beginning to get staticky. The seatbelts in the back never retracted very well. And the emergency brake handle snapped off. However, all things considered, as far as functionality of a car is considered, this car runs like no other car I've driven! A simple tap of the pedal and you have power; and with cruising? Take your foot of the gas and the digital numbers on the speedometer slowly begin to drop down. About 30MPG on the freeway. Not the best brakes, but that just means you have to drive more defensively. Like I said, GM truly created a fun, smooth car to drive with the creation of this model. Thank you for the many memories Buey!"

Best of the Best

By on Monday, July 14, 2008

"I bought my Buick Regal GS new in July of 1989. it is now July 2008 (19 years). It handles like a sports car, is quick and has plenty of power, I could not expect more than it has given. This car was available in either the 2.8 or 3.1 engine, mine is the 3.1. I have never once had to add a quart of oil between changes at 5 - 7000 miles, never had any major engine or transmission repairs, only servicing such as brakes, oil/fluid changes, belts and hoses. About 10 years ago I had the left power window repaired, the computer module replaced, and replaced the headliner. Other than that, nothing but routine maintenance. Though the paint was still pretty good I had it repainted the original color about 5 years ago, and it still looks good. It now has over 275,000 miles and runs as strong as ever. This is an amazing vehicle that I would not trade even now for most of the new ones."

great car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"own a 1996 buick regal custom has the 3.8 v6 i have owned this car since 2005 i have owned it 3 yrs now it had 150000 miles on it when i bought it now i have 195000 miles on it and i have done nothing but put a new set of tires on it i put a new radiator on it and a put new brakes on all 4 wheels other then that the car has been very reliable uses no oil motor doesnt knock or smoke runs like brand new ac gets so cold you can see your breath when its on wife uses the car for work every day and puts major miles on it every day as she is a hospice cna that requires her to travel would recommed to any won wanting a regal paint still in very good shape no peeling or fading bought it for 1400 dollers 3 yrs ago has been a very good investment"

Great car

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

"Runs great, lasts, comfortable. Great all-around car. I recommend this car to anyone looking for an affordable, comfortable, reliable car."

92 Buick Regal Ltd. 3.8Ltr

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I bought this new and fell in love with it. Have 235,000 mi. and it is still purring. replaced water pump, air condition clutch, serpentine belt, brakes & rotors. Reg maintenance-change oil every 5000 mi. Does not use oil, get 30 mi. to gal. One rust spot on fender came this year. I don't want to part with it because it gets me everywhere even during the worst snow & ice storms. Great traction in the front wheel drive and travel through the mountains is wonderful--it likes to free wheel if not put in lower gear for downhill. Comfort of split front cloth seats and leg room great for long trips. Plan to donate it since lots of good travel left in it."

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"I have a 1995 GS. Runs great, works great in the snow, extremely comfortable. Had numerous problems with the anti theft key system...bad design on GM's part. I now have over 190k with original engine. Still has power...3800 engine is the best V6!"

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"This has been a fantastic vehicle. I have owned it for over 5 yrs and it has more than 190,000 miles on it. It has never had any major problems. just routine maintenance and it keeps on going. What a workhorse! The GM 3.8 litre is in my opinion their best 6 cyl. engine. It is almost impossible to kill them. I couldn't be happier with this car."

Best ever

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I have had this car for 8 years. It has never given me a bit of trouble. With routine maitenence, it could go on forever. I have 180,000 on it, and could put many more. I love my Regal. It was by far a great investment!!"

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"This car has been a workshorse...has NEVER given me any mechanical problems and is wonderful for road trips. The trunk is huge and holds a lot. It seems to go on forever. With continuing regular maintenance the car has been virtually trouble free. I have over 150,000 miles on it. I've been very satisfied with my 96 Buick Regal Custom"

An Excellent Car

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"I have owned this car for more than 3 years, When I bought the 1992 Buikc Regal (as a third owner), it had 56,000 miles on it. I wanted a commute car, and after 3 years I am very happy that the Buick is still with me! Averages 30+ miles on the Highway. Riding comfort is so good. On this oldie we (me and my Wife!) did a 800+ miles one way trip to Kansas and back - No aches or pains! At times I was doing above 95+ still the ride was smooth. Oil changes, Trans flush, Spark plugs replacements, Brake replacements, Oil pan leak fix are some of the repairs I made in last 3 years. But I think these maintenance would fit other cars too. I have added 60K miles on it, I captured the moment the odometer turned 100,000 - using my cell. Hoping to capture the 200,000 reading..."

super economy,comfort,power

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

"93 GS coupe, 3.8, loaded, owned since new, 150,000 miles. 20 mi/gal for short city trips in winter (lots of stop & starts/traffic) to 40 mi/gal on longer summer highway in O/D. (average 25-35). Change oil at manual specs. No oil adds required between changes. Lots of power when you need it in any gear range. This has been a super low maintenance car. Just change oil & tires as required and drive, drive, drive. I understand Buick has tied with Lexus this year (2007) for #1 car,,,, not surprising at all"

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"The 3800 engine is one of the most reliable available, trumped only by Ford's 3.0 liter OHV engine."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I Have 2 a 1991 Grand Sport with the 3.8 and a 1994 Custom with the 3.8 the 1991 has over 455,000 miles on it and have never replaced a single gasket. It doesn't burn and oil and still gets 28 mpg. The 1994 has never had any major work and still gets 35mpg+. GM should have continued to make the 3.8 as original the engine is a tank. If you want a good reliable car find one and buy it. They are hard to come across though. I plan to keep them both until the motor blows up."

Great value!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I bought this '93 regal in '06 with about 60K miles on it and have not been disappointed. The car was very well maintained with no defects and I have kept up taking care of it. There are now 76K miles on it and the only problems I have had were: drivers side window regulator motor burned out, replaced coils ($60) and the a/c is broken. Otherwise, it is very reliable, gets good gas mileage and is THE most comfortable car I have ever ridden in. The owner previous to me had a special switch installed to raise the antenna as during the winter it would freeze over and burn out. But no engine/transmission problems in its 14 year history."

Super Great Car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"Fast comfortable silent and very reliable will never need a mechanic if its well taken care of"

I Love My Car!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, Comfortable Ride. Good Gas Mileage!"

Cons: "No Cup Holders/Cd Player. Power windows/mirrors."

"I've had this car for a few months now and because it is 15 years old, I've had to have some work done. Luckliy my father is an auto mechanic so I got the best price possible for all parts and labor. *Alternator"

It is a great car, it is very, very reliable...

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Price to own, reliabilty, good equipment"

Cons: "Bad gas milage, small interior space"

"I love this car, and i would recommend it to anyone who needs cheap, used but reliable car..."

Dependable and an ease to drive. Great gas mileag

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Still rides like a dream. Few minor issues with a/c, but great car."

dam great car

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I drove mine to 350,000 miles before selling for $2,000. I kept it in perfect condition, added nice reflective window tint, and a nice sound system. She was my baby. I'd recommend this car to anyone, especially when it comes to reliability."