1995 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 236 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

Good family car, just needs a little love

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe"

Cons: "no car lighter, fuse problems for lights"

"My friend crashed my car and I don't have the patients to fix it. It runs, but after five to ten minutes the acceleration stops. I don't know what's wrong, but besides that and some front exterior damage, it's reliable. I had no problems before the crash driving wise. I just have a baby on the way and don't have the time to figure out what's wrong and fix it. It could be something small. She has a lot of miles but I've driven her to central California and back non stop both ways. She is a safe, reliable, comfortable car. It was my first and I wish I could keep it but once again I just don't have the time or patients."

300k miles and still going strong

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "So reliable, comfy seats/ride, great for roadtrips"

Cons: "Hard to get out of back seat"

"We've had our 93 regal in the family for about 12 years now. We bought it from my great grandfather and it had 30k miles at the time. Fast forward to today and it's still our daily driver. I put about 70 miles a day on it with no issues. We even recently took a 1000 mile trip to the beach with this car. These old buicks are pretty much pegged as "old folk" cars, but as a 20 year old guy, I could care less. My regal is awesome and I wouldn't trade it for any other car. Everything in our regal works, and is all original too. Engine has never been rebuilt/replaced, neither has the transmission. A/C and all accessories work as well. They really knew how to build these cars. What's really shocking is how cheap you can get these for. I've found a couple here locally in the 1500 range, sometimes lower, and nothing is really wrong with them. A few basic things have went out over the years: couple alternators, starter motor, rear struts, transmission lines, couple of thermostats, brake pads/rotors, and other small fixes here and there. All of these well under $300, and most done by myself to save money."

Dependable car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, mpg, quiet, sturdy"

Cons: "no cup holders ~ really!"

"Bought this car from one owner. Elderly lady owned and from the mileage you can see she hardly ever drove it. Great car. Dependable, sturdy, comfy and not bad on gas. Not fond of the color (tan) so future paint job ... We have owned it for a little over a year and I am still glad we bought this car. We have to replace some gaskets, the ac has a leak, and the tubes for the wiper fluid needs to be repaired. Nothing major and the car runs great. It seats six people so that is a plus too, since we have six in our family! Giving to our oldest for her first car next year."

Good car but old.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Old, needs parts."

"Comfortable and easy to drive; getting old."

I like my car

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Great engine and functionality"

Cons: "Electrical and interior components are wearing out"

"This is the first car I've ever owned. I've had it for 6 years now. It is a robust vehicle. I especially like the quick pickup and power from the V6 engine. Gas mileage is about 23-24 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. I have had few mechanical fixes since I've owned the car. Most of the repairs have been sensors or other electrical components. The interior components don't seem as robust as they should be. Paint scratching off, buttons worn, ceiling carpet falling in the back etc. But overall, it is a great, powerful car."