1995 Buick Regal

8.3

Based on 235 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

300k miles and still going strong

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "So reliable, comfy seats/ride, great for roadtrips"

Cons: "Hard to get out of back seat"

"We've had our 93 regal in the family for about 12 years now. We bought it from my great grandfather and it had 30k miles at the time. Fast forward to today and it's still our daily driver. I put about 70 miles a day on it with no issues. We even recently took a 1000 mile trip to the beach with this car. These old buicks are pretty much pegged as "old folk" cars, but as a 20 year old guy, I could care less. My regal is awesome and I wouldn't trade it for any other car. Everything in our regal works, and is all original too. Engine has never been rebuilt/replaced, neither has the transmission. A/C and all accessories work as well. They really knew how to build these cars. What's really shocking is how cheap you can get these for. I've found a couple here locally in the 1500 range, sometimes lower, and nothing is really wrong with them. A few basic things have went out over the years: couple alternators, starter motor, rear struts, transmission lines, couple of thermostats, brake pads/rotors, and other small fixes here and there. All of these well under $300, and most done by myself to save money."

Dependable car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, mpg, quiet, sturdy"

Cons: "no cup holders ~ really!"

"Bought this car from one owner. Elderly lady owned and from the mileage you can see she hardly ever drove it. Great car. Dependable, sturdy, comfy and not bad on gas. Not fond of the color (tan) so future paint job ... We have owned it for a little over a year and I am still glad we bought this car. We have to replace some gaskets, the ac has a leak, and the tubes for the wiper fluid needs to be repaired. Nothing major and the car runs great. It seats six people so that is a plus too, since we have six in our family! Giving to our oldest for her first car next year."

Good car but old.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Old, needs parts."

"Comfortable and easy to drive; getting old."

I like my car

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Great engine and functionality"

Cons: "Electrical and interior components are wearing out"

"This is the first car I've ever owned. I've had it for 6 years now. It is a robust vehicle. I especially like the quick pickup and power from the V6 engine. Gas mileage is about 23-24 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. I have had few mechanical fixes since I've owned the car. Most of the repairs have been sensors or other electrical components. The interior components don't seem as robust as they should be. Paint scratching off, buttons worn, ceiling carpet falling in the back etc. But overall, it is a great, powerful car."

a great mid-life car

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "great to drive when you feel like a kid!!!"

Cons: "doors kinda heavy"

"bought this car from a gentleman i know who would not let a weeks worth of dirt and grime to collect on it, including the engine compartment. i actuately drove the car for the first time and it had 199,000 miles on it. so i was expecting absolutely nothing. then i put my foot into it. holy guacamoly!!! talk about giddy-up and very responsive steering. even my machanic laughed and said so now you own a hot rod...loL. still gets 20 mpg combined on 87 ooctane. enjoy driving yours"