1995 Buick Regal

8.3

Based on 234 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

bought car with 77,000 10yrs.ago it now has 163000

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride on I-95 @75mph and around town"

Cons: "i,m small w/adjust trbl.see over dash+frontend"

"this car drives down the road smooth+easy plenty of room inside I still drive from fla.to pa.two times a year{scared to fly}without worry. my mechanic checks it for me before each trip he replaced a belt+hose last time,he said he would drive it to calf.with no concern.over the years I put approx.90,000 miles on car..put tires,alternator, front brakes,battery,wiper blades,the only big expense was for the a/c, prices ranged from $1200 but I found an old fellow who has been in a/c's 35yrs he fixed it for $600.00 and one of my strawberry cheese cakes.I plan on giving it to my grandson in 2yrs.when he gets his license.my car averages 24miles per gal.looking for 40+,and a car easier to get in and out of{i'm 78yrs}Ilove this car it will always bring me home I can count on that..163,000miles"

I love this car.

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "So comfortable"

Cons: "Cannot use "compact" parking stalls"

"I bought this car Sept. 2009 from a 92 yr old grandmother with 39,000 original miles on it. She used it to go shopping. It was in immaculate condition. Beautiful burgundy leather upholstery. I don't think anyone had even sat in the back seats. It's like a limo. It rides beautifully. I use it for shopping as well. My brother is a mechanic back home and thought it was great. I've replaced 2 tires and water pump.. I will be moving to the Mainland in the Spring and will be so sorry to leave it behind."

3800 GS 1994

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable, a great ride"

Cons: "n/a"

"Love this car, still has original motor and timing chain. Just this year we changed the original radiator hoses, car always looks great. Only had to replace a fuel pump and two starters in 15 years. I'm sorry they stopped making 2-door GS. going for 400000 miles"

Good family car, just needs a little love

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe"

Cons: "no car lighter, fuse problems for lights"

"My friend crashed my car and I don't have the patients to fix it. It runs, but after five to ten minutes the acceleration stops. I don't know what's wrong, but besides that and some front exterior damage, it's reliable. I had no problems before the crash driving wise. I just have a baby on the way and don't have the time to figure out what's wrong and fix it. It could be something small. She has a lot of miles but I've driven her to central California and back non stop both ways. She is a safe, reliable, comfortable car. It was my first and I wish I could keep it but once again I just don't have the time or patients."

300k miles and still going strong

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "So reliable, comfy seats/ride, great for roadtrips"

Cons: "Hard to get out of back seat"

"We've had our 93 regal in the family for about 12 years now. We bought it from my great grandfather and it had 30k miles at the time. Fast forward to today and it's still our daily driver. I put about 70 miles a day on it with no issues. We even recently took a 1000 mile trip to the beach with this car. These old buicks are pretty much pegged as "old folk" cars, but as a 20 year old guy, I could care less. My regal is awesome and I wouldn't trade it for any other car. Everything in our regal works, and is all original too. Engine has never been rebuilt/replaced, neither has the transmission. A/C and all accessories work as well. They really knew how to build these cars. What's really shocking is how cheap you can get these for. I've found a couple here locally in the 1500 range, sometimes lower, and nothing is really wrong with them. A few basic things have went out over the years: couple alternators, starter motor, rear struts, transmission lines, couple of thermostats, brake pads/rotors, and other small fixes here and there. All of these well under $300, and most done by myself to save money."