1994 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 237 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

very classy car, excellent mileage

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, excellent mileage, awesome looks"

Cons: "one cup holder"

"This car routinely gets over 30mpg on the highway, running 80mph. Handling is awesome with the Grand Touring Package and 3.8L engine. Awesome power, great looks and styling. Some minor issues but nothing serious and has always been ready to roll anytime anywhere. Cant beat it even though the car is 20 years old. Way better looking than the American competition and definitely better styling than any of the imports. I always get compliments about this car, and will shut down alot of cars when it comes to performance. No reason to ever buy foreign, especially the 10 years or so. Also have the sister car to this, 1996 Pntiac Grand Prix SE 3.1 with 200k and it still gets 28mpg and is very reliable."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I bought my 95 Buick from a car auction about 3 years ago. Has the 3.8..love it! This has been the best car I've had! Usual maintanence things. Hasn't ever left me stranded. Oil filter in a hard to reach spot..but other than that I will drive this car till it just won't go anymore! And then hopefully find another Buick Regal!"

Running strong

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"Picked out this car in 2000 to replace a 1986 Olds that was totaled. Car had 41000 miles on it, now has 140000. No rust, all power options (Orig) still work like new. Went on a 2000 mile round trip, 27 miles to the gallon, has not used a quart of oil yet, Just routine maint. GM's 3800 engine may not have 4 vslve per cyl, or VVT just runs and runs and gets 25+MPG"

Really liked the car. Wish I still had it!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reason: Needed more reliable car.

Pros: "Easy to work on, parts are inexpensive, high value"

Cons: "Radio was cheesy, minor electrical issues."

"I didn't take care of it, which is why I had to get rid of it. It was my first car. The drive train was extremely reliable. Only had to change the belt and the water pump. Did a tune up and the car ran like a champ. It did have some minor electrical issues, but that may have been as a result of an accident I had in it. It was a fantastically smooth ride, handled very well in icy road conditions, no issues driving at high altitudes in CO, the right amount of power, and very roomy inside for hauling all of your friends! As I said before, I wish I still had it!"

Been A Great Car

By on Saturday, April 02, 2011

"I've had the car for about 3 years now and I've enjoyed it very much. I've had a few hang-ups here and there, but otherwise its been a reliable car. 185,000 miles and running strong with the 3.8L bulletproof V6."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Bought our 93 with 3.8 liter engine 7 years ago. It now has 178,000 miles and still runs strong. General maintenance, including new alternator have been done. The California edition leather seats from 1993 were not good quality and are in bad shape - but it runs so good, insurance and taxes are so low we just don't mind using seat covers. We run it with synthetic oil. Tires last a long time. Maintenance costs pretty low. We run it from California to Utah occationally - it gets 32 to 35 mpg going 75 to 80! It gets 20 to 21 around town. With snow tires it runs great in snowy conditions. For the price of a good used Buick, it is hard to beat the value!"

1996 Buick Regal Custom Coupe

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I bought this vehicle in 2004, with 80,000 miles on it, and now I have 147,550 miles on it. Throughout that span of time, I have had no major problems with the vehicle what so ever. The 3.8 Liter GM engine runs like a new, which isn't a suprise considering it is one of the best motors ever made. The only money I have had to put into it has been a tune-up, and one shock that had to be replaced...but those are standard repairs. The ONLY thing that has disappointed me has been the door handles. I have had to replace 2 door handles because they have broken off in the winter from the doors being frozen shut. This could be a design flaw, but who knows. If you are looking for a vehicle that you will have to put little to no money into, this is the vehicle for you. I know its a buick, but its hard to complain when there are little expenses involved it maintaining the car. More than anything, I would recommend any car with a 3.8 liter GM motor in it, thats why I bought this car."

Good family car, just needs a little love

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe"

Cons: "no car lighter, fuse problems for lights"

"My friend crashed my car and I don't have the patients to fix it. It runs, but after five to ten minutes the acceleration stops. I don't know what's wrong, but besides that and some front exterior damage, it's reliable. I had no problems before the crash driving wise. I just have a baby on the way and don't have the time to figure out what's wrong and fix it. It could be something small. She has a lot of miles but I've driven her to central California and back non stop both ways. She is a safe, reliable, comfortable car. It was my first and I wish I could keep it but once again I just don't have the time or patients."

Best 1000 dollars Ive ever spent!

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"This car has been the best car I have ever owned. Strong motor that last forever, although the door handles tend to break off easy the car will always run strong. I would recomend this car to anyone thats on a tight budget that needs something to last them a long time."

Silver is just great

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Bought Silver in May of 92 and have not one bad time with her.She has never let me down"