1994 Buick Regal

8.4

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1988 - 1996 models.

3.8L (Best Motor Ever)

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I bought this vehicle my senior year of high school, and I still have the car today as I am graduating from college. The vehicle has almost 160K on it and still runs like new. It has a 3.8L motor in it, and people who know cars know that this is one of...if not the best motor ever made. It has very low repairs, it has power, and I get 30 MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for? Whether it's a Bonneville, Regal, Grand Prix, Lesabre, etc....just look for the 3.8L engine and you'll be fine. It makes no difference what brand you buy...it's all about the motor."

can't go wrong

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I bought this car in 2000 for $7500 with 80,000 miles on it. It now has 208,000 miles on it and still doesn't use any oil. I put an alternator in it and an EGR valve and a plastic water hose connector in the intake manifold broke throughout my 9 years, but I call that routine maintenance. I service the car regularly, but I drive it hard. The paint is coming off and it has hit 3 deer and a large dog, but the car won't die. I get 30 mpg on the highway and 24 in town. The GM 3800 could verywell be the best engine they ever built. I would buy one without hesitation. The car was a looker when I got it. The GS model is very nice and comfortable, And I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. I will own it until the wheels fall off and then probably put them back on and drive it some more. I expect the drivetrain will make 300,000 miles if the body can stand wisconsin winters for that long."

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. It has served me well, with fairly few problems. The ride is very comfortable, & it certainly has the power should you want to engage in a bit of aggressive driving. On the down side, the brakes on my car were a bit soft, and I do not like the location of the battery (hidden under the windshield washer fluid.) Unfortunately, I just totaled it today, when I spun out after hitting an unexpected patch of slush, although I found out that it absorbs impact quite well. I hit the guard rail at about 65 mph during the spin, and am essentially unscathed with some minor whiplash. Overall I have had a great experience with this car and will miss it."

My first car, and still going!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"I learned to drive in this car, it served me all through college and is still going strong! It is such a smooth ride, and is great for on the freeway because you take your foot off the gas and it keeps on coasting! This car has been in our family for 17 years, starting with my grandfather. It has been well taken care of, and other than minor problems (i.e. antenna that won't retract, radio interference with the FM tuner, an odometer that stopped ticking and a broken glove compartment handle) it runs GREAT and is very operational. Have never had problems getting stuck on the side of the road, and would whole-heartedly recommend this vehicle to anyone! It's a good value for the money!!!"

Good Car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I bought my gran sport coupe edition with a 3.8 liter V6 for 800 dollars. It had 215000 miles on it and the car runs great! There is a lot of cosmetic problems like the blinkers are wierd and the windows dont go down any more. But the a/c still works great, but only on full blast. The fact is, I got this car after it had been run into the ground and it keeps going. The only thing I would be worried about in buying another is the door handles. They are all plastic and my driverside one has broke. Strong engine!"