2005 Buick LeSabre

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Solid, safe, reliable car.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Pros: Great ride, handling, fuel economy"

Cons: "Cons: Bad OEM power window mechanisms"

"The 2000 LeSabre was purchased new. The car has been used as the primary commuter car for the family and been on many long road trips. The biggest frustration with the car over the years has been the power window mechanisms on several windows failing. For a while there it seemed one window a year would fail. The local Buick dealership repaired the windows even after it was out of warranty. After the third failure, I requested to see the failed part. This is when I learned GM used cheap Korean made power window motor mechanism that have plastic pulleys that crack in the heat of the sun. After 13 years the engine still runs as strong and is as quiet as the day purchased. This may be attributed to the use of only Mobil 1 Synthetic motor oil used for the life of the car, with one quart Dura Lube substitution right before the winter months. At about 90000 miles the ignition module seemed to malfunction. It was not easy to troubleshoot since the car still ran and the error code the car displayed wasn't much help. I was able to determine the solution through the help of Buick forums. For less than the cost of taking the car to a repair facility, I was able to easily replace the ignition module, all the coils, spark plug wires and the spark plugs. (I figured since the car had 90000 miles, it was time for a tune-up.) When I replaced the ignition module, which bolts onto the engine block via a shelf, I noticed allot of road salt that may have added resistance to the ground circuit of the coils. Once this repair was completed, it seemed to give the car a little more horsepower. The fit and finish have maintained very well over the years. The interior is quiet and clean as the day purchased. The handling is incredible for a full size front wheel drive car. The car goes where you want it to go, even during panic stops under rainy conditions. You have to really punch the gas pedal hard and sharply steer from a stop, to even begin to feel any torque-steer. For a large car it is very agile while economical on gas. The ride is soft, but the car is responsive. When I test drive newer cars I use this car as the standard to match or beat. I would recommend this car."

Excellent large car with good gas mileage

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Excellent car. Still get 24 MPG! No rust. Some interior lights going out and some plastic parts breaking. Still a great car with huge trunk. I wish I could drive it forever. Too bad they don't still made them."

This has been one of my favorite cars!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Power, beauty, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "10 years old"

"Power, beauty, comfort, reliability. This is an outstanding car."

OKAY- I LIKE ITS ANONYMITY- IT IS NOT FLASHY

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"ITS BEEN GENERALLY ALRIGHT BUT THERE HAVE BEEN SOME SUDDEN AND UNEXPECTED REPAIRS THAT GOT EXPENSIVE..HANDLES AND RIDES ABOUT AS YOU WOULD EXPECT..THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN ACTING UP AND BECOME MINORLY ANNOYING."

Solid, reliable, dependable.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Tears up the interstate, handles well in the snow, Great mileage. Requires a fair amount of maintenance, esp. the windows and gas cap. Not the car I would have chosen, but overall the car gave good value. I put on 2000 plus interstate miles on it every month for four years. Suffered a blow-out at high speeds and the car handled beautifully. I would recommend this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick LeSabre near Honolulu. See local deals