2005 Buick LeSabre

Based on 528 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Ride is smooth as silk. Great car in most ways.

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable; comfortable; basically good car."

Cons: "Dashboard came loose and looks awful."

"Car drives great. Very comfortable. Large trunk makes shopping easy. Reliable. Good gas mileage. This could have been one of the best cars I've ever owned, but GM really dropped the ball on several things. Worst problem: Dash board started coming loose after the first several years and gradually got worse and worse. Looks horrible and limits visibility for short drivers. Might cause a problem with deployment of passenger airbag. GM refused to do anything about it. Talked with several body shops; no one knew how to fix it except for temporary or tacky repairs. Replacement would have been a minimum of $1200. Gas gauge stopped working after 80,000 miles. Every one of the four power windows stopped working and had to be repaired. The driver's window was repaired three or four times; I lost count. (And no, the window wasn't used very much at all.) A few other minor problems occurred such as heated seat stopped working, but nothing major. The dashboard is the thing that keeps this car from being a fantastic car. I had never seen a dashboard do what this one did. It is ugly, embarrassing, and somewhat a safety hazard. According to the internet, a lot of Buicks had the dashboard problem for several years."

OKAY- I LIKE ITS ANONYMITY- IT IS NOT FLASHY

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"ITS BEEN GENERALLY ALRIGHT BUT THERE HAVE BEEN SOME SUDDEN AND UNEXPECTED REPAIRS THAT GOT EXPENSIVE..HANDLES AND RIDES ABOUT AS YOU WOULD EXPECT..THE COMPUTER HAS BEEN ACTING UP AND BECOME MINORLY ANNOYING."

High quality

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"This car has given excellent service. If Buick still made this model I would buy another one today."

Great car. Great ride.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "A great ride, as was my 2000 LeSabre."

Cons: "Don't really have any!"

"Love this car. Selling because it spends more than seven mos. in storage each year while I'm at my legal residence. I regret that Buick is no longer making the LeSabre. . . ."

I test drove 7 LeSabres before buying one

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Can be bought relatively cheap"

Cons: "Window regulators"

"In a 3 month span looking for a second car for our family, I test drove 7 LeSabres. The years ranged from 2000-2005. Mileage ranged from 90K-154K. Every single LeSabre had ATLEAST one window NOT working. 2 had transmission issues. 2 had instrument panel issues (gas gauge not working, lights not on, etc.) They all had the same smell too, which was actually weird considering it didn't smell like a car. Kinda like a womans purse smell, lol. Best way to describe it. I bought it cause it was cheap. They all drove pretty good. The seating is a little "frumpy" even after adjusting it, and the ride is soft, almost floaty if you know what I mean. They all had front end issues, even mine, but I had that fixed. I would recommend test driving a few before deciding, and you can buy window regulators online and put them in yourself for around $75 each and no more than 30 minutes of your time. You just need a putty knife to pry off the door panel from the inside."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick LeSabre near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for