2005 Buick LeSabre

Based on 567 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "acceleration, decent MPG, Spacious, comfort"

Cons: "power windows fail a lot"

"This car may be an "old person car," but it is fantastic. The car rides smooth, and with its 205 HP V6 engine it has a lot more speed than you would think. Even though this car has a larger engine and is heavy, if you drive it very easy, you can still get 25 MPG combined from this car. This car has ice cold AC, good sound, a huge cabin, good acceleration, comfortable ride, large trunk and won't fall apart on you. It's an easy car to fall in love with."

Bad Quality

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"Bought the car certified with 50K miles. Ran well for a year (about 25K miles). After that, it became a money pit. put $6000 into car in about 2 years (at a rate of about 1500 every 6 months). It seemed like it was on a timer. Every 6 months something major (mechanical issues) happened. Mass air flow sensor, wheel hub bearings, transmission pressure control solenoid...). At around 90K miles engine started leaking oil by the valve cover. At 115K it started leaking coolant. Some other parts needed attention (bill was going to be around 2500 to fix the major stuff. Decided to not fix and sell it instead. Bought a Honda instead. The funny thing is that 95% of the miles were highway (about 80% of that with no traffic, outside the city)). The car was well maintained (everything done at Buick dealership). The car was never driven hard or rough (tried to save gas by driving right). The only good thing... service at that dealership was good. Always got a fair price on repairs. IN ADDITION: There were about $1500 worth of repairs I decided to not do because they were not crucial (on top of all that. Conclusion: If you're going to sell the car before 90K, I guess it's not too bad. After that point, it'll require a huge amount of $$$ to keep it running."

Very reliable, great car.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

"I owned this car for 4yrs. I bought it with 91,000 and put over 50,000mi. on in that time. I had no major problems during that time other than regular maintainance. ie, brakes, tires ect. Overall it is a great car."

Great Quality

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Rides smooth!"

Cons: "Nothing bad about it."

"I have had this vehicle for over 3 years. Second owner of the car and it is still in wonderful condition. The maintenance needed is only the regular wear and tear from day to day driving. I would love to own a newer one later but for the meantime, I will stick to the one I have. Great option of a car to own."

Original Owner

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

"My Buick LaSabre has and continues to be a great car. I have always maintained suggested service and have all records from the start when it was new. About 3 years ago the check engine light came on and has been on ever since, although the car continues to run just fine. I have had it to the Buick dealer and they could not figure out how to get the light to go off, so we just live with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick LeSabre near Honolulu. See local deals