2014 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

Electrical issues

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Cheaper than a Caddy, but more reliable."

Cons: "No cup holders or storage"

"Three separate times over a couple of years, the remote entry and start system went completely dead. Although you can gain entry with a key, you cannot start the vehicle manually. During these events. the car was completely dead electrically. The interior lacks space to store anything. There are two cupholders in the center console, and that's it. Center console also has a storage box, but it's so small, I couldn't even put my sunglasses in it. While travelling, it was very inconvenient. It is difficult to see out of and has many blind spots. Once you get used to them, you know where they are, but it is annoying. Otherwise, it was a pleasure to drive with sufficient power and comfort."

Love the car. Fun to drive and comfortable.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I find after driving this car over a long trip that I feel very refreshed and not stressed when getting out of it."

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Style. Comfort. Drivability. Reliability. AWD!"

Cons: "Mileage could be better."

"I have had my LaCrosse CXL AWD for sixteen months now and have 16,000 miles on it. No problems - AT ALL! No squeeks or rattles. Gets a lot of attention. Not what people usually think of when they think "Buick". The all wheel drive is great and a must! Drop of a mile or two a gallon on gas with AWD, but traction is superb. Very comfortable in city or highway with leg room in the back for anyone 6'4". Cannot live without OnStar now. Bottom line - no compliants. Give it a test drive and you will own one, too!"

CXS

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"I've really enjoyed this car, both as a freeway cruiser and commuter car. The combination of adaptive handling and power from the 3.6 engine make trips through the Oregon Coast range fun. This is a car that definitely draws attention from other drivers Lacrosse reviews invariably mention the interior, both front and rear seat roominess as well as the comfort and quality levels. Those reviews are understated If you're in the market for a new midsize sedan, do yourself a favor and check one of these gems out. I do think the blind side detectors are well worth getting. The car weighs close to 4000 lbs and the around town mileage shows it. At least it uses regular gas. Overall I have to say this is probably the best car I have ever owned"