2014 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,211 - $38,238.

10/7.5

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love our LaCrosse

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "Fabulous features, great handling, dependable"

Cons: "minor limitations on front visibility"

"Traded in our Mercedes for this car and haven't looked back. We LOVE this car. It is comfortable and classy. We consistently get around 25-27 mpg. It has been extremely dependable. The only issue we had was with the XM radio, which was replaced under warranty. We love all the features on the car. The moon roof is wonderfully large and easy to operate. The sound system is awesome and the hands free telephone is such a great feature. I've used it numerous times when I've forgotten my phone or been in an area where cellular reception was impossible. We get many compliments on the car wherever we drive it from people young and old. The visibility out the front window did take a little getting used to but after only a day or so we had it easily figured out. Our only "wish list" item for the convenience features on the car would be for the doors to automatically lock when you exit the vehicle with the key and walk away from the car. The keyless ignition and auto-entry with the key in hand/purse feature is great, but it doesn't work on exiting the vehicle. We aren't even considering another make/model of car for our new vehicle; will just go newer if we don't decide to keep this one!"

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

Love the car. Fun to drive and comfortable.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I find after driving this car over a long trip that I feel very refreshed and not stressed when getting out of it."

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Style. Comfort. Drivability. Reliability. AWD!"

Cons: "Mileage could be better."

"I have had my LaCrosse CXL AWD for sixteen months now and have 16,000 miles on it. No problems - AT ALL! No squeeks or rattles. Gets a lot of attention. Not what people usually think of when they think "Buick". The all wheel drive is great and a must! Drop of a mile or two a gallon on gas with AWD, but traction is superb. Very comfortable in city or highway with leg room in the back for anyone 6'4". Cannot live without OnStar now. Bottom line - no compliants. Give it a test drive and you will own one, too!"

CXS

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"I've really enjoyed this car, both as a freeway cruiser and commuter car. The combination of adaptive handling and power from the 3.6 engine make trips through the Oregon Coast range fun. This is a car that definitely draws attention from other drivers Lacrosse reviews invariably mention the interior, both front and rear seat roominess as well as the comfort and quality levels. Those reviews are understated If you're in the market for a new midsize sedan, do yourself a favor and check one of these gems out. I do think the blind side detectors are well worth getting. The car weighs close to 4000 lbs and the around town mileage shows it. At least it uses regular gas. Overall I have to say this is probably the best car I have ever owned"