2013 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

Electrical issues

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Cheaper than a Caddy, but more reliable."

Cons: "No cup holders or storage"

"Three separate times over a couple of years, the remote entry and start system went completely dead. Although you can gain entry with a key, you cannot start the vehicle manually. During these events. the car was completely dead electrically. The interior lacks space to store anything. There are two cupholders in the center console, and that's it. Center console also has a storage box, but it's so small, I couldn't even put my sunglasses in it. While travelling, it was very inconvenient. It is difficult to see out of and has many blind spots. Once you get used to them, you know where they are, but it is annoying. Otherwise, it was a pleasure to drive with sufficient power and comfort."

Love the car. Fun to drive and comfortable.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I find after driving this car over a long trip that I feel very refreshed and not stressed when getting out of it."

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Style. Comfort. Drivability. Reliability. AWD!"

Cons: "Mileage could be better."

"I have had my LaCrosse CXL AWD for sixteen months now and have 16,000 miles on it. No problems - AT ALL! No squeeks or rattles. Gets a lot of attention. Not what people usually think of when they think "Buick". The all wheel drive is great and a must! Drop of a mile or two a gallon on gas with AWD, but traction is superb. Very comfortable in city or highway with leg room in the back for anyone 6'4". Cannot live without OnStar now. Bottom line - no compliants. Give it a test drive and you will own one, too!"

CXS

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"I've really enjoyed this car, both as a freeway cruiser and commuter car. The combination of adaptive handling and power from the 3.6 engine make trips through the Oregon Coast range fun. This is a car that definitely draws attention from other drivers Lacrosse reviews invariably mention the interior, both front and rear seat roominess as well as the comfort and quality levels. Those reviews are understated If you're in the market for a new midsize sedan, do yourself a favor and check one of these gems out. I do think the blind side detectors are well worth getting. The car weighs close to 4000 lbs and the around town mileage shows it. At least it uses regular gas. Overall I have to say this is probably the best car I have ever owned"

Great car on the highway.

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

"I have had the 2011 Lacrosse for 3 years and it is a great car. Runs great and very smooth on the highway. The only difficulty I have with the vehicle is that visibility out the front of the vehicle is unusually cluttered by the large side mirrors and roof supports. Makes for some tricky intersections at times."

First lease, first luxury, first Buick, nice car,

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, good economy, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Ecoboost battery uses up a lot of trunk space"

"Went to a dealer, wife wandered away and salesman offered her a test drive in a Buick. She wouldn't even consider anything else after that. We get 33-35 mpg on trips. Overall, at 19,000, it's at 28.5. It's very comfortable. We will consider another Buick. Lots of people have told us they think it's a sharp car; we do, too."

This was one the best cars I ever bought new.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Driver side leg room for people over 6 feet tall."

"This car had all the luxury that you would find in high dollar imports. I looked at about a dozen luxury cars but this car blew me away as soon as I sat behind the wheel. The heads up display was awesome, the headlights turn as you turn, very powerful engine. Pure luxury interior."

Ultimate Highway Cruiser

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Reliable"

Cons: "Average handling, gas mileage"

"I spend a lot of time in the car, especially on the interstate. This car is PERFECT for long road trips. I pay a little bit in the mileage department (typically get around 28 mpg cruising along at 75), but the comfort level makes up for it. The only thing that would make this car better is if the handling (cornering, braking, etc.) were better, and perhaps a slightly more spacious trunk. Since I didn't buy it to take to the track, though, it serves its purpose and serves it well. I genuinely love spending time in this car. We look for excuses to take road trips in it."

Great car...hate the left side of front seat

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Handling for a car this size, stereo"

Cons: "seat controls make seat uncomfortable"

"Great car overall. Poor visibility for backup ( camera helps) and right turns difficult due to poor visibility of curbs"