2013 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,244 - $31,023.

10/7.6

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

very poor trade ,lose in 6 months unbelievablel,

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

"last gm car i will buy"

Jerky drive makes the car less than desirable

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great looking"

Cons: "Jerky drive, not a good value for the money."

"The transmission jerks, severly sometimes, when you let off the gas to slow down. Everyone that rides with me is surprised that it does that since Buick is suppose to be high quality. Dealership can find nothing wrong with the car."

Love our LaCrosse

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "Fabulous features, great handling, dependable"

Cons: "minor limitations on front visibility"

"Traded in our Mercedes for this car and haven't looked back. We LOVE this car. It is comfortable and classy. We consistently get around 25-27 mpg. It has been extremely dependable. The only issue we had was with the XM radio, which was replaced under warranty. We love all the features on the car. The moon roof is wonderfully large and easy to operate. The sound system is awesome and the hands free telephone is such a great feature. I've used it numerous times when I've forgotten my phone or been in an area where cellular reception was impossible. We get many compliments on the car wherever we drive it from people young and old. The visibility out the front window did take a little getting used to but after only a day or so we had it easily figured out. Our only "wish list" item for the convenience features on the car would be for the doors to automatically lock when you exit the vehicle with the key and walk away from the car. The keyless ignition and auto-entry with the key in hand/purse feature is great, but it doesn't work on exiting the vehicle. We aren't even considering another make/model of car for our new vehicle; will just go newer if we don't decide to keep this one!"

The Rear View Camera often blacks out

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"The Rear View Camera is very poor. The Camera does not adjust for slight changes in light value and then blacks out. After a delay of from 21 seconds to 2 minutes the camera sometimes resets to the light and an image is visible. The camera does not display a satisfactory image at night. The dealer replaced the camera but theres was not improvement in the image. The dealer wrote a 'technical issue' report and Buick responded that these black out incidents were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I did two online chats with customer assistance and was informed both times that camera image black outs and unsatisfactory images at night were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I wrote a comprehensive summary detailing the slight lux value of the light a these camera at the time of these blackouts. Buick replied that the blackouts and unsatisfactory to no image at night were 'normal characteristics' of the reverse camera system. And that Buick did not intend to replace any reverse camera components on my vehicle. I own two other vehicles with reverse camera systems and both of these systems display a perfect image under all of the light conditions wherein the Buick Lacosse system fails. Buick is aware of these facts and still claims that the Lacrosse camera is OK."

visibility very poor.

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "handles well and sharp looking so far few problems"

Cons: "lots of blind spots"

"gigantic head rests and small back windows make me feel like I'm in a cage. I'm learning to use mirrors more but still not comfortable in traffic."

Great car. Have always attained at least 27 MPG.

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, economy"

Cons: "Needs 2 more cup holders"

"Car is VERY quiet. Room for 4 very comfortably. Hybrid drive train provides quiet at stops and brisk acceleration when needed. Could use 2 more cup holder in front."

My wife and I both love this car!!!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, styling, leg room, easy to drive"

Cons: "not discovering this car sooner"

"We have only had the car for a month, so I can't say anything about reliability, however ride and comfort is above top notch. We were looking at and test driving the SRX, and, CTS and feel that the Lacrosse beats it in every category, the ride is smooth, the seats just wrap around you, and power on the highway is more than enough (more than the SRX). We just took an extended trip with 4 adults and luggage, everybody was comfortable and NOT cramped at all. Plus we averaged 27 mpg with all that weight. Ambient lighting is a sweet touch also. My wife likes the lines of the car, it looks like it is moving down the road when it is sitting still."

Poor Value for the Money

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "People think it looks nice"

Cons: "A really lousy car to drive."

"I drive this as a company car, and it is one of the worst I've ever had. Visibility is poor all around, and the car downshifts repeatedly on the slightest grade, even with the V6. The interior looks nice, but is cramped with poor ergonomics - I have a backache nearly every day I have to drive this thing."

great american luxury car

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "big car with sports car performance feel"

Cons: "a bit expensive, big A pillars,"

"This car performs like no other American luxury car. IT IS FAST. The steering is also quick and responsive. Driving around town or on the highway effortlessly. Very comfortable - big inside room for a mid-size car. The enormous sunroof makes this sedan an instant convertible. The HK sound system is as good as you'd find in your house. I thought the heads up display was a waste when I bought the car; however, I've come to love it."

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Features"

Cons: "Sight Lines"

"I traded up from the 2011 Buick Regal (which I loved) the 2013 Lacrosse is NOT a disappointment! I got the Premium II (minus navigation due to On-Star a mistake) however, the features are totally enjoyable. The sound system Harman Kardon is perfect with surround-sound (very nice). The car is very quiet and extremely comfortable; I get compliments all the time by valets. The Lacrosse handles well and the safety features off-set the view issue just adjust to the car attributes. My favorite feature heads-up, cool seats, heated steering wheel and expanded sun roof. When this lease expires I plan to try the 2014 or 2015 what a great car, just treat yourself."

Awesome

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Safe care smooth ride"

Cons: "Small windows but if set mirrors correctly no prob"

"The car has a very pleasurable ride along with great safety rating. Rides very smooth and still accelerates well even with a 4 cylinder engine."

It's a beauty!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, great engine, technology equipped"

Cons: "Poor lateral visibility"

"The 2011 Lacrosse CXS has everything you need. It's one of the smoothest rides I've ever had and the HUD technology experience brings the driver to a totally different level!"

Not the Buick Quality Im used to

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Price/Lease, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "City MPG, Quality, Storage"

"The car itself is sub par. In looks and features it's packed for the price, however the quality is not there. After 9 months and almost 7900 miles on it there are so many squeaks and rattles that according to the dealer "doesn't effect the driveabillity of the car. So its something WE just have to live with" I'm thinking really? I could have saved $10,000 and got a foreign make but Ive always had and loved a GM vehicle. Maybe its just my car as I have a few (4) friends with the same car with various "packages" and they have been "good" so far. As far as driving goes the car is comfortable and fun to drive, however seem sluggish at times or like the transmission isn't quite sure what gear it wants."

Regretting The Purchase

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Great styling, rich interior, excellent quality."

Cons: "Terrible driveability, 5,000 rpm shifts, gas hog."

"My first review of the 2012 Lacrosse was all great at one month of ownership. But I soon noticed the gas mileage was terrible and no where Buick's rating. At 4,ooo miles the break-in period is over and the noticeable defect in this car is glaring! The transmission is set to shift at over 4,000 rpm. When accelerating on highways the shift points are at 5,000 rpm and over. The car practically redlines at every shift until you reach cruising speed. Not only is this very disappointing, crashes the gas mileage, and adds to engine wear, it becomes very uncomfortable to your senses. The V-6 engine has more than enough power to shift like a "normal" car but I found Buick has done this on purpose. They call this normal! Their customer service line blew me off when I complained about this situation. They acted like it was the very first complaint they have received about this. A quick search on-line finds many complaints about this high shift situation. A new program to re-set shift points is all it would take to stop the growing complaints, but Buick is ignoring the problem. After two months of driving this car I can't wait to get rid of it and back to a "normal" driving car. All the other amenities it offers are negated by this problem. Too bad Buick!"

Great car, some minor limitations.

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

"Needs more in-cabin storage for incidentals, my only complaint. At 70 MPH is getting almost 30 MPG, in-town not so hot, maybe 18 - 20. First Buick ever, I have owned over 60 cars. Nice styling too."

Good value

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Feels good on the road. Little choppy in town."

Cons: "Limited front passenger storage."

"I like the car. Good feel and power. Only negative is the rear window and pillars. Very difficult to see side view when backing up. Narrow line of site."

great styling; responsive; loaded with extras

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"We love the back-up camera, it has saved us from a few accidents with civilians/inanimate objects. Plus the radar alerts for blind spots in side mirrors."

Great car

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great style, interior looks and comfort"

Cons: "some visibility problems...."

"Lots of compliments"

No 12Volt output (Cigarette lighter)

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Beautiful car, fantastic ride and comfort. I had to give it a 9 for the interior design and a four for convenience due to one and only one reason. The locations of the 12Volt outlets are inside the center counsol and in the back seat, both places are hard to reach, none available in the dash or on the side of the counsol for a quick use by the driver with a GPS or a radar detector. You have to buy an extention wire and run it on the side of the seat and that extention always get in your way, very poor thinking from the part of the designers. This is my only complaint, but big enough for me not to purchase a second one. Sorry guys...you failed due to a small oversight in your part!"

This is a great car!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Power, ride, interior space and quietness"

Cons: "None for us"

"My wife bought a 2011 CXS w/ 18" chrome wheels fwd and V6 after someone totaled her 2005 Lexus ES330. She and I love this car in comparison. After reading the negative reviews, I will agree the, trunk is kind of small but our family of three went to Disney for a week with no problems even though my wife had a suitcase for herself ;-). Yes the A pillars are large but I can only think of a very few times that it has even caused a concern. Yes there are some blind spots but I recommend having the blind spot indicator that shows in the rear view side mirrors which works really well, not to mention the review camera. The negatives aside, this car rides and handles extremely well with a very quiet cabin. The seats are comfortable for all day driving and the back seat space is awesome! The high performance front struts do cancel any torque steer. The radio, navigation and air controls are easy to use and work great. The cool thing is that we have had more compliments with this car than any other ever including the Lexus. This car is great to look at even standing still. It has been very realible so far."

Think Twice Before Buying!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Car, great gas mileage, nice options"

Cons: "No Spare Tire, Poor visability"

"I purchased this car almost a year ago after doing considerable research and comparisons to other 2012 vehicles. I read all the reviews and test drove two Lacrosse's before making a final purchase. From the beginning I have never felt comfortable driving this car because of the poor visability. The side posts of the car plus the head rests block a large area that leaves you blind when pulling out of an intersection or even my driveway. The sides of the car are so high that its hard to see medians that separate lanes and I have run over them twice because I couldn't see them. Traveling in heavy traffic is a bit daunting because you feel like you can't see all the cars around you even with the "blind spot" feature. The front end of the car drags my driveway every time I pull in and out. Also, the front is so low that if I pull too close to a concrete parking "stop" it scrapes the paint off the front of the car. THEN what I didn't know about and had no reason to ask is that this car does not come with a spare tire - not even a "doughnut". I recently ran over a nail on I-85 and barely made it to the next exit before the tire went flat. My only option was a can of Fix A Flat and a pump. No tire! Since I had a hole in my tire big enough that Fix A Flat wasn't going to take care of it, I had to be towed 27 miles to an APPROVED Buick/GMC dealership, passing a GMC dealership on the way that apparently was not APPROVED. The tire couldn't be repaired so I had to wait several hours while a tire from an APPROVED tire store could be found, transported to the dealership and put on my car. The flat tire happened at 8:30 a.m. and I got my car back at 1:30 in the afternoon with a cost of $250. With no spare tire, your choices are limited. I could have been stranded in a dangerous place or left waiting on the interstate until an APPROVED towing company could be found and dispatched. GMC apparently left off the spare tire to achieve better gas mileage. But this action could leave you stranded with no choice but to wait by the side of the road. My husband checked into purchasing a spare tire and at first was told there were none available even though there is a place in the trunk to put a spare tire. Now we are told that they are hard to get but the dealership can order us one for a price of nearly $600. My car has all the bells and whistles which are very nice, but I could do with less "bells" for better visability and my own spare tire. Think twice before you buy this one. I'm shopping for another vehicle WITH A SPARE TIRE!"

Best car on the road

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "great quality, many features, smooth ride"

"The Buick Lacrosse turns heads when you drive down the road and the interior is better than other high end luxury brands. Put this on the top of your list to look at!"

Great value for the money

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I own the 2011 cxs La Crosse It is one of the best cars I have ever owned.The longer I drive it the better I like it."

La Crosse, the "Automobile", not just a car.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Unbelievable automobile."

"I've owned Buicks from 1979 -2012. This La Crosse has spanked all the previous Buick luxury autos,and now this unbelievable computer packed machine is spanking the competition in looks, performance and overall design."

Big disappointment "Alabama Flash"

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Looks good inside and out"

Cons: "Flashy with no substance"

"Good looking car. Major step back from the Buick Le Sabre. Gas mileage is worse than the mileage I got on the 2000 Le Sabre. Comfort level is also a step back from the Le Sabre. Poor value for the money. I have serious buyers remorse. This is a premium 1 package. I had a 2010 vehicle by another auto maker that was better equipped for much less money. I worked for Buick agencies in the past and had a high regard for GM products. Was happy for the comeback they made, but I do not like this car."