2012 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

One Drawback: User Unfriendly Navigation System

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pros: "Pleasant interior. Adjustable front passenger seat"

Cons: "Navigation system design failure noted"

"The instructions for personalizing the navigation system do not fully explain how to initialize or amend the "Contacts" listing, to enable a spoken instruction to direct the driver to a previously entered location. While the GM tech support investigated the new system's operation, and informed me of the way to enter contacts, it proved impossible to use any one word identification. Thus, for example, "Costco" has to become "Costco Warehouse." But it must be entered as "Warehouse" (first name) "Costco" (last name), or else the alphabetical listing would place the listing in the W section. This is because the designers of the system assumed that every entry would have a first and last name, and that every user would think along those lines. It's impossible to list, "Market" "Doctor" "Hospital" "Mother" or any other one word entry as a contact. That design anomaly ought to be considered, if you plan to use the navigation feature. Otherwise, it has proven itself a very nice auto."

good car

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I have had some minor issues, not mechanical."

The most beautiful car I ever owned.

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pros: "Pride of ownership."

Cons: "A few tall people complained of lack of head room."

"I had the protective coat put on the car before I picked it up new and it cleans up nicely. It is nice to handle and is just a lovely car. I will probably trade it in on a newer model, if I like it at least as well."

The second best car that I have ever owned.

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "The price is very good."

Cons: "I think it burns a little more fuel."

"I will not trade this vehicle except for another Buick Lacrosse."

Plush with comfort

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pros: "bomb shelter quiet, comfortable, plush, enjoyable"

Cons: "blind spots, slow infotainment system"

"I purchased my 2014 lacrosse last year and have to say that it has done me right. I have only had one issue and that was that my dash settings wouldnt save and reset on occasion. a reprogram fixed it and that was that. My only complaint would be the A pillars in the front. Looking out the rear would have been an issue but I always use the backup camera. The v6 is plenty strong although mileage wont exactly make you jump for joy. Infact I wish that they would have increased the tank capacity a couple of gallons to avoid refueling as often. my mileage is 32 hwy and 22 city. SUPER SUPER QUIET ride. Wind noise, or tire noise is nonexistent. Plenty of gadgets and gizmos. The infotainment system with bluetooth is perfect, but when hooked up with a usb, funky things happen. Like it tries to autoplay from your media player instead of allowing you to choose which app. Sometimes I have to switch from radio to media again for it to resync with my iphone 6. Turn by Turn navigation can be overridden by siri (yay) Infotainment cpu came out of an 8-bit NES system. (Im serious) If you want to see the weather, plan on waiting 8-10 seconds before it even responds, and even slower when you tap nav at a stop light. This gives it a little bit of a cheese feel when operating. The forward and back buttons are unnecessary. The ambient lighting in the dash looks unfinished when it meets the door. Would have looked much more refined if it "completed" the sweep like the encores do along the door accents. Back tvs on the headrests dont integrate with the car like the earlier lacrosse's did. Seems they subcontracted it out to another vendor. They do well to keep the kiddos happy though. Overall this is a great car, with some minor flaws that i am sure will iron themselves out in the next iteration or so, and beats whatever else in it's class for fit and finish."