2010 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Nicest Car Yet

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pros: "V6 has lots of power; 6-speed auto trans is smooth; excellent handling; very nice interior"

Cons: "Rear view is someone restricted; but reverse sensing system helps overcome this."

"I am very happy with my LaCrosse CXL. The car offers a lot of features I wouldn't have expect on a car in this price range. Performance is excellent and the V6 engine gives more than enough power while maintaining good mileage for a car as heavy as the LaCrosse (I got 32 MPG on a recent trip to Boston). The interior is luxurious; everything is soft and inviting; the seats are very comfortable and the ambient lighting adds a nice touch. This car is a winner and definitely not your grandfather's Buick. If GM can continue to makes cars like this they have a customer for life in me."

Good value

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Feels good on the road. Little choppy in town."

Cons: "Limited front passenger storage."

"I like the car. Good feel and power. Only negative is the rear window and pillars. Very difficult to see side view when backing up. Narrow line of site."

love it

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cons: "front seats could be more comfortable, stereo ok"

"I loved the look of this car. The front bucket seat could be more comfortable. At first I thought Buick put the arm rest too far back until i realized it slides forward. It is extremely fast and responsive. You get better gas mileage when you are in sport mode and shifting the gears yourself. I got the touring package and love it. HUD is a must. I've heard better stereos but it is ok. One complaint is I wish there were paddle shifters on the steering wheel. It gets a lot of looks plus you don't see a million of them. Love the navigation,(do wish it was a satellite system and not hdd) on star is a great."

Spectacular automobile!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic car for the price."

Cons: "Front window pillars are wide and obstruct view."

"I get compliments wherever I go regarding the LaCrosse. It is a gorgeous automobile inside and out. Drives like you are sailing on a cloud. Have driven a Caddy and, honestly, it does not come close to the ride of the Buick. Sound system is spectacular. Bluetooth is fantastic. Navigation is wonderful. Comfort is great. Only problem is that the front window pillars are too wide and distract your view somewhat. It is a fabulous auto."

My 1st Buick

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"I never imagined EVER buying a Buick, but this is not your Father's Buick. The design both inside and out rival or beat Lexus and Acura and for a much lower price. The leather seats and quality of the trim work on the interior cabin is top of the line and the 5 year warranty is great. The drawbacks that I found... it is underpowered for the size of the vehicle. If you want any options just get the CLS, because it comes with so much that you wouldn't have to add anything - plus you get the more powerful engine, better wheels and the fancy rear exhaust. I found out after I bought it that the production of the car was stopped because of electrical issues. I haven't had a problem and hopfully that has all been resolved. I do love the car but one more issue... GM dealerships... they need to get a clue from Honda. The waiting areas are small and dirty and they act like you are bothering them. I look forward to taking my Honda in for service. Free Starbucks and great atmosphere. Not that tough GM."

The Rear View Camera often blacks out

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"The Rear View Camera is very poor. The Camera does not adjust for slight changes in light value and then blacks out. After a delay of from 21 seconds to 2 minutes the camera sometimes resets to the light and an image is visible. The camera does not display a satisfactory image at night. The dealer replaced the camera but theres was not improvement in the image. The dealer wrote a 'technical issue' report and Buick responded that these black out incidents were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I did two online chats with customer assistance and was informed both times that camera image black outs and unsatisfactory images at night were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I wrote a comprehensive summary detailing the slight lux value of the light a these camera at the time of these blackouts. Buick replied that the blackouts and unsatisfactory to no image at night were 'normal characteristics' of the reverse camera system. And that Buick did not intend to replace any reverse camera components on my vehicle. I own two other vehicles with reverse camera systems and both of these systems display a perfect image under all of the light conditions wherein the Buick Lacosse system fails. Buick is aware of these facts and still claims that the Lacrosse camera is OK."

great styling; responsive; loaded with extras

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"We love the back-up camera, it has saved us from a few accidents with civilians/inanimate objects. Plus the radar alerts for blind spots in side mirrors."

$40K sounds expensive

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Reasonably nice car but way too expensive, too heavy (2 tons) and fuel hungry. Poor visibility so back-up camera and blind side alert system should be standard on all models. For that much money interior materials should be of higher quality especially on door and dash. Too much hard plastic that scoffs too easily. Otherwise a nice and smooth car. At idle it is quiet as a library. I do mostly city driving and I get about 17 mpg. Go for the 18" inch wheels as they are much more quiet than the 19". In six months of ownership the car has been flawless."

Awesome Ride

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"Well over the last 5 years or so i have bought infiniti,lexus,honda just about all of the foreign cars even an S class mercedes and by far this buick takes the cake. I am 30 years old and i never thought that i would purchase a buick to me it just always seemed like an older persons car but now that i have it i LOVE it. The ride is comfortable and quiet and im 6'3 280 and have lots of space for my body and legs. I also own a 2010 lexus es 350 but i usually keep it in the garage and drive the buick. Overall this car is awesome and i would recommend it to anyone and any age range"

Buick is for us younger folk too.

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I tested an Acura TL and RL, a Cadillac CTS, a '06 Lexus LS and GS350, a Hyundai Genesis, and an Infiniti M35 and G37, VW CC; and then I bought a Buick at 29 years of age. I think GM has set their sights too low by comparing this vehicle to the Lexus ES. I didn't drive the ES because it looks very boring. I did however, drive a lot of other cars that I thought would convince me not to buy the Buick. All the cars I mentioned above have something nice to offer: TL's sportiness, GS's smooth power, LS's numbing comfort and living room size, Genesis's interior quality, CC's one of a kind design however, none of them put the package together quite like the LaCrosse (The M35 came close but for a lot more $). The Buick is a beautiful car inside and out, it is VERY comfortable, quiet but still allows you to stay in touch with what is going on with the car and the road. I've only had this car for a couple of days but I am more than pleased with my decision. The only regret I have is that I might've spent a few more thousand for the CXS. I know GM is coming out with a 4 cylinder; I just hope they don't cheap this vehicle down like Ford does with the Mustang. I don't want an entry Lux vehicle that goes into high end Malibu territory. That being said, I hope GM stocks become available sooner than later."

Better than 2009 LaCrosse

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"I first sought eyes on this car in early January, doing a lot of research here and there. I found out that it wouldn't be released until late 2009 and I needed a car immediately as my previous vehicle broke down. I went ahead and bought the 2009 Buick LaCrosse in early 2009, for the price of $23,000, knowingly that the 2010 was just 5 months away. I told the dealership to give me a call when it comes in, and last week they called me and I got my hands on the 2010 LaCrosse CXS. Traded in the 2009 for $21,000 and the trade in already covered my previous loan. Walked out of the dealership with the CXS with navigation and 'push start/stop'. The interior is much more quiet and smoother than the 2009, the leather seating feels more 'tough' as it does not sink down after hours of driving. Although, if you plan on purchasing this car I would suggest buying it with the rear back-up sensor or camera as you cannot see the trunk as you reverse. It's almost like the Lucerne, you cannot see the trunk but the window is very wide."

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

My wife and I both love this car!!!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, styling, leg room, easy to drive"

Cons: "not discovering this car sooner"

"We have only had the car for a month, so I can't say anything about reliability, however ride and comfort is above top notch. We were looking at and test driving the SRX, and, CTS and feel that the Lacrosse beats it in every category, the ride is smooth, the seats just wrap around you, and power on the highway is more than enough (more than the SRX). We just took an extended trip with 4 adults and luggage, everybody was comfortable and NOT cramped at all. Plus we averaged 27 mpg with all that weight. Ambient lighting is a sweet touch also. My wife likes the lines of the car, it looks like it is moving down the road when it is sitting still."

Not the Buick Quality Im used to

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Price/Lease, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "City MPG, Quality, Storage"

"The car itself is sub par. In looks and features it's packed for the price, however the quality is not there. After 9 months and almost 7900 miles on it there are so many squeaks and rattles that according to the dealer "doesn't effect the driveabillity of the car. So its something WE just have to live with" I'm thinking really? I could have saved $10,000 and got a foreign make but Ive always had and loved a GM vehicle. Maybe its just my car as I have a few (4) friends with the same car with various "packages" and they have been "good" so far. As far as driving goes the car is comfortable and fun to drive, however seem sluggish at times or like the transmission isn't quite sure what gear it wants."

Very Nice Car!

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

"I have owned the car for a year and a half, runs and drives exellent. I have had more people make comments on what a nice looking car it is. I have the CXS and it has every option you could want, and I love the keyless ignition never have to take my fob out of my pocket. If your looking for a car, take a good look at the Buick Lacrosse."

La Crosse, the "Automobile", not just a car.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Unbelievable automobile."

"I've owned Buicks from 1979 -2012. This La Crosse has spanked all the previous Buick luxury autos,and now this unbelievable computer packed machine is spanking the competition in looks, performance and overall design."

Caught My Eye

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"Had been looking for a new car, lots of reviews and internet searching...LaCrosse caught my eye, stopped at a Buick dealer to see first hand. Took one off the lot...wife loved it. Great styling and the interior is the final straw...have not owned an American car for MANY years, but this one has won me over."

best new car!

By on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

"fabuloso! beautiful european styling without the high price of others, handles so smoothly, blue ambient lighting sets up this cockpit! no noise with package they have put together.... great mileage.....love it!"

Best car on the road

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "great quality, many features, smooth ride"

"The Buick Lacrosse turns heads when you drive down the road and the interior is better than other high end luxury brands. Put this on the top of your list to look at!"

Drive the MODEL you want to buy first

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Smooth drive. Beautiful. Good rear seating"

Cons: "poor storage (inside"

"Beautiful sleek outside design. Gorgeous blue lighting on the dashboard. Comfortable leather seating front and back. V6 has good pickup. Dangerously poor left/right turning visibility due to very wide window post and mirror placement. Front headrests useless for people under, say 5'4" and rear headrests block view out rear window. No way to open trunk from inside except to remove key from ignition! No spot lighting for the ignition key. Our old Buick LeSabre had a trunk unlock button on driver's door. There is no lock on the glove box!? Why not? There is inadequate storage for the driver's things: cell phone, sunglasses, pens etc. The visor has no ability to store anything which the LeSabre also had. The trunk space and opening is terrible. Radio functions on steering wheel poorly designed. Hands free call system needlessly complicated. Buick should go back to design board on this model."

Regretting The Purchase

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Great styling, rich interior, excellent quality."

Cons: "Terrible driveability, 5,000 rpm shifts, gas hog."

"My first review of the 2012 Lacrosse was all great at one month of ownership. But I soon noticed the gas mileage was terrible and no where Buick's rating. At 4,ooo miles the break-in period is over and the noticeable defect in this car is glaring! The transmission is set to shift at over 4,000 rpm. When accelerating on highways the shift points are at 5,000 rpm and over. The car practically redlines at every shift until you reach cruising speed. Not only is this very disappointing, crashes the gas mileage, and adds to engine wear, it becomes very uncomfortable to your senses. The V-6 engine has more than enough power to shift like a "normal" car but I found Buick has done this on purpose. They call this normal! Their customer service line blew me off when I complained about this situation. They acted like it was the very first complaint they have received about this. A quick search on-line finds many complaints about this high shift situation. A new program to re-set shift points is all it would take to stop the growing complaints, but Buick is ignoring the problem. After two months of driving this car I can't wait to get rid of it and back to a "normal" driving car. All the other amenities it offers are negated by this problem. Too bad Buick!"

Great car, some minor limitations.

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

"Needs more in-cabin storage for incidentals, my only complaint. At 70 MPH is getting almost 30 MPG, in-town not so hot, maybe 18 - 20. First Buick ever, I have owned over 60 cars. Nice styling too."

test remote start B 4 U buy

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"My wife and I love this LaCrosse, we waited 3 yrs since seeing it at auto show. Then waited another 6 months after you could order one. We are disapointed with the lack of range on the remote start feature. So strongly sugest that if you are interested in this option drive this LaCrosse to were you would most likely use remote start and try to remotely start car."

Love our LaCrosse

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "Fabulous features, great handling, dependable"

Cons: "minor limitations on front visibility"

"Traded in our Mercedes for this car and haven't looked back. We LOVE this car. It is comfortable and classy. We consistently get around 25-27 mpg. It has been extremely dependable. The only issue we had was with the XM radio, which was replaced under warranty. We love all the features on the car. The moon roof is wonderfully large and easy to operate. The sound system is awesome and the hands free telephone is such a great feature. I've used it numerous times when I've forgotten my phone or been in an area where cellular reception was impossible. We get many compliments on the car wherever we drive it from people young and old. The visibility out the front window did take a little getting used to but after only a day or so we had it easily figured out. Our only "wish list" item for the convenience features on the car would be for the doors to automatically lock when you exit the vehicle with the key and walk away from the car. The keyless ignition and auto-entry with the key in hand/purse feature is great, but it doesn't work on exiting the vehicle. We aren't even considering another make/model of car for our new vehicle; will just go newer if we don't decide to keep this one!"

Love the car. Fun to drive and comfortable.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I find after driving this car over a long trip that I feel very refreshed and not stressed when getting out of it."