2009 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 300 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"If you are looking for something that rides like a Cadillac, responds like a Cadillac, but has a much more reasonable price? Then a Buick LaCrosse is perfect for you. No, a LaCrosse doesn't have all the luxuries, but the quality of the car as a whole is great! I have come from 2 Fords and previously I had a Taurus before owning my LaCrosse. What a difference!! Much more push from the engine and the smoothest ride you could ever want. In fact, my dog used to get car sick in my Taurus, now she doesn't even pant as much as she did. She sleeps soundly and quietly the WHOLE time!! As far as repairs, I have just had to deal with the basics. New Brake pads, oil changes, head light bulb replacement. I have owned this car for 2 years and recieved it as a used car at 33000 miles and now have 56000. Best 2 years I have ever had with a car. While my parents and friends are compaining about their repair bills and awful gas mileage; I get 24mpg on avg (32 highway when i go on trips) and minimal repairs. All I can do is i smile!"

Needs Work

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Car looks great, but definitely needs work. Have had the car a little over a year, and have had it in for computer work twice. Had to reprogram it once and put a new one in the second time. Have had it in for tranny work 3 times. Last time they had to replace the valve body. Third time is to probably re-do the last work. Replaced the belt tensioner twice, and is squeeking again, Everything is under warranty, but too much major work in less than 26K miles."

Another great Buick

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We bought the car new three years ago and as with our other Buicks it is a step above other cars in the same price range."

Better than Honda

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I was surprised when I saw the price tag on this vehicle at the dealership, $23050. The MSRP was $30350, and it was better than the Honda Accord that I have been test driving the past weeks. I was looking for a decent car, and this one was it as it was much quiet and relaxing while driving. Although it's engine may be smaller than the Honda's, you floor that pedal to the metal and you can feel the pullback. So far, there's just one thing I don't like is that the trunk doesn't have a handle to open or close it. You'll have to slide your hand under the trunk as it is open at the slightest and raise it up. The gas mileage usually drops once you hit the road. I let my wife drive the vehicle to work, she usually drives 30 minutes on the freeway, and the gas mileage increased to 24.6 mpg. We switched cars and I drive on the side streets and with the dramatic difference my mpg went down to 17.3. I'm thinking of trading the car in for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL, the dealership didn't have any in stock during the moment I purchased, and with that I was in need of a vehicle as my old vehicle broke down. But, for the price you get you'll get a decent vehicle with leather and a quiet interior at the lesser price of a top class Honda Accord (without navigation)."

overall good vehicle

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"we bought this LaCrosse new in feb. 2007 We've had 3 or 4 minor problems. There seems to be a transmisson problems that the dealer can't or won't fix. This car is great on the highway. We took it all the way to northern Michigan,about 1400 miles each was last year & it was very comfortable. However the seats in our 2002 Century were plusher. I would like to trade it for the new 2010 LaCrosse but the trade in value on this one is terrible. Our 2004 Camry SE is worth almost as much on trade in."

love this car

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"The feel of driving this car on long road trips is awesome. If you are normally driving stop and go in the city, it would be comfortable, but its real gold value is on the long road trips.. I have taken 3 2,000 Plus mile road trips with this car, and it has performed perfectly, it handles wonderfully, and allows for less stops because you stay more comfortable."

Great Automobile

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I have drove Lincoln',Mercury',Fords for over 23 years. GM has a smoother,Quiter ride. I have a 2008 CXS and love the 240 HP very quick. Great sound system. Had to replace the battery under warranty. Buick service is top notch. This is my first GM product in a long time and they have done it right. Drive a Buick you will be impressed."

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Test drove its contenders (Camry, Accord, etc,) and the LaCrosse was the most comfortable by far. Smoothest runnng engine of any car I've ever owned. Have to be careful not to try starting it twice. Very quiet on the highway. Gas mileage is as expected of a powerful V6; not disappointed at all. Have owned this car almost a year and have had no major problems. Looks like J.D. Power was right when they equaled Buick with Lexus for realiability. Would recommend this car to friends and relatives without hesitation."

Great Buy

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"This is by far the quitest car I have ever driven. It is very comfortable and the MPG is great, 22-24 city and 28-30 on the highway. Good solid value for the working class of people."

Great value in sedan class

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Nice ride, convenient controls, and reliable. You must want a sedan to like this car -- we were considering crossovers, but no need to lose MPG. Pros: Inside, it feels safe and like there is a lot of solid car around you, while the exterior does not come across as a large car (i.e. "a boat"). Engine is a solid performer over a few decades. Cons: Buick look on exterior front, especially grill."