2008 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 300 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Outstanding

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride. Responsive handling. Great gas miles"

Cons: "There just aren't any."

"I have purchased over 40 new cars in my life. I have had all luxury brands including Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Cadillac and Audi. I could not believe how great this car has been at half the price of all those others. No doubt Buick has a very special product. My next car will be the new style Lacrosse."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"I have an 06 Lacross cx and really love it. The mileage on this one is actually a little better than stated. I've gotten as high as 32 mpg on the highway and I just got my first brake job at 72,000 miles. Also put my first tires on at almost 60,000 miles. A quiet smooth riding car, will definately buy another one, probably an 09."

Comfortable, Quiet, Fun To Drive, Economical Gem!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

"I purchased the vehicle in June 2006 with 18,300 miles on it from Enterprise Car Sales and and have driven it all across the country and from coast to coast - NC to CA 6 times and from NC to Seattle, WA 4 times in all weather conditions and averaged 31.3 mpg. It is as comfortable, quiet, fun to drive and economical today (March 28, 2013) as it was the day I purchased it. I've done the routine maintenance at the recommended intervals and recently replaced the headlights and a fan belt at 118,000 miles. Great Car that's good for another 100,000 miles. Get's a Strong Recommendation from me!"

great car

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"got a great deal on a 1 yr. old w 16k miles on it. rides great and nice power. don't get this car as an 'economy' car, i mean it's a buick, you buy it for the ride, not the gas mileage. i'd rather have the power of this car and pay a little more in mileage. it's worth every penny. Drives like a cadillac or better."

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Nice.......New Car.It's not my Dads old buick any more ! We Love our Lacrosse -07. and thinking of buying anew lacerne if i CAN find the right 1. Hopefully pretty soon. My suggestion....... BUY ONE .... ANY ONE ..TAKE A BUICK OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT."

Great car!! Quiet, smooth ride!!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Comfortable ride, Great sound system"

"On the exterior, the body and paint quality are pretty high, but the paint/gloss quality of the plastics on the exterior door pillars is not too good, as the paint comes off of these pieces easily. The rims are excellent quality and with the right tires, provide a quiet and smooth ride for the car. On the interior, the leather seats provide for an added smooth and comfortable ride, especially on long trips. The carpets are easily cleaned after being dirty. The overall interior quality is very good, sleek and impressive in most respects. The sound system even with stock speakers and an aftermarket head unit provide excellent sound with a good amount of clarity and bass. The automatic headlight sensors make having to worry about turning on and off headlights non-existent. In the back seat, you can comfortably sit 3 adults for short-term rides and 2 adults for longer rides. The trunk is expansive and has a lot of storage space, and with the back seats folding down, provides even more storage and transporting space. Under the hood, the 200hp 3800 Series III V6 engine provides enough power to move around on roads and highways in the city. Have also taken on back mountain roads of West Virginia and the car has no problems navigating these mountain roads. It is tied to a 4-speed automatic transmission, and can be punched at the right time to allow for ease of passing people on the highway. Average gas mileage is 22-26mpg combined City/Highway doing daily driving around the Baltimore/Washington DC Area. Overall this car is a pleasure to drive. I had someone once tell me that you can drive any car in the world, but once you drive a Buick, it's an entirely different driving experience. Having owned 3 small Saturns and 1 Chevy Malibu, I now understand what this means. My 2006 LaCrosse CXL drives like a full-size sedan, despite being classified as a mid-size sedan. It's quiet, smooth, comfortable ride makes the whole driving experience a real pleasure again. Plus, with having one of Ward's 10-best engines of the 20th Century under the hood, the GM 3800 Series III V6 engine, this car is built to last for easily 200k+ miles. I am a rough driver and this car has taken everything I have thrown at it. Highly Recommended Car!!"

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I have had my LaCrosse since 2005 and it now has 140,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have not had any problems with this car and will buy another when I decide to replace it. I don't see any reason to give this one up yet. I still get 24-25 MPG in town and 28-30 MPG on the highway and just returned from a 1300 mile trip without any complaints from my family about being uncomfortable."

If you don't know about the LaCrosse by now -

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This car comes stock with everything, what do you want, style - its got it, my friends thought I bought a Jaguar when I brought it home. Comfort, space - it got plenty, stock quality stereo (1st time I didn't feel the need to put an aftermarket stereo in a car) heated seats, automatic air-conditioning, how about remote start so your car is nice and cool by the time you reach your can. It drives smooth, bad traffic doesn't bother you as much because hey, your in your own little bubble, this car is quite. Now as far as reliabilty goes, I really feel I am not a good judge in that until we get to 100k. But if it is anything like it predessor the Century, I have nothing to fear. And it is up to date with power, 200+ horsepower (Thank you Nissan for forcing all cars to comply to your new standard) Plenty of pep to go around. Testdrive this car, you'll far in love"

This is a great car

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

"Many trips to Florida, New York, Canada, never had a problem, extremely reliable, handles great, great engine- really takes off, spoiled with the options we had, remote start, heated seats, back up signal."

Saved my life in major car accident!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, great safety features!"

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"Not only did this car save my life in a head on collision at 55 miles an hour--no chance to hit brakes-I was able to walk away with only bruises! I thought the gas mileage could be better--but I would rather have the safety of this bigger car. I plan on replacing with same make and model."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"If you are looking for something that rides like a Cadillac, responds like a Cadillac, but has a much more reasonable price? Then a Buick LaCrosse is perfect for you. No, a LaCrosse doesn't have all the luxuries, but the quality of the car as a whole is great! I have come from 2 Fords and previously I had a Taurus before owning my LaCrosse. What a difference!! Much more push from the engine and the smoothest ride you could ever want. In fact, my dog used to get car sick in my Taurus, now she doesn't even pant as much as she did. She sleeps soundly and quietly the WHOLE time!! As far as repairs, I have just had to deal with the basics. New Brake pads, oil changes, head light bulb replacement. I have owned this car for 2 years and recieved it as a used car at 33000 miles and now have 56000. Best 2 years I have ever had with a car. While my parents and friends are compaining about their repair bills and awful gas mileage; I get 24mpg on avg (32 highway when i go on trips) and minimal repairs. All I can do is i smile!"

Needs Work

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Car looks great, but definitely needs work. Have had the car a little over a year, and have had it in for computer work twice. Had to reprogram it once and put a new one in the second time. Have had it in for tranny work 3 times. Last time they had to replace the valve body. Third time is to probably re-do the last work. Replaced the belt tensioner twice, and is squeeking again, Everything is under warranty, but too much major work in less than 26K miles."

Another great Buick

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"We bought the car new three years ago and as with our other Buicks it is a step above other cars in the same price range."

Great value in sedan class

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Nice ride, convenient controls, and reliable. You must want a sedan to like this car -- we were considering crossovers, but no need to lose MPG. Pros: Inside, it feels safe and like there is a lot of solid car around you, while the exterior does not come across as a large car (i.e. "a boat"). Engine is a solid performer over a few decades. Cons: Buick look on exterior front, especially grill."

Better than Honda

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I was surprised when I saw the price tag on this vehicle at the dealership, $23050. The MSRP was $30350, and it was better than the Honda Accord that I have been test driving the past weeks. I was looking for a decent car, and this one was it as it was much quiet and relaxing while driving. Although it's engine may be smaller than the Honda's, you floor that pedal to the metal and you can feel the pullback. So far, there's just one thing I don't like is that the trunk doesn't have a handle to open or close it. You'll have to slide your hand under the trunk as it is open at the slightest and raise it up. The gas mileage usually drops once you hit the road. I let my wife drive the vehicle to work, she usually drives 30 minutes on the freeway, and the gas mileage increased to 24.6 mpg. We switched cars and I drive on the side streets and with the dramatic difference my mpg went down to 17.3. I'm thinking of trading the car in for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL, the dealership didn't have any in stock during the moment I purchased, and with that I was in need of a vehicle as my old vehicle broke down. But, for the price you get you'll get a decent vehicle with leather and a quiet interior at the lesser price of a top class Honda Accord (without navigation)."

overall good vehicle

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"we bought this LaCrosse new in feb. 2007 We've had 3 or 4 minor problems. There seems to be a transmisson problems that the dealer can't or won't fix. This car is great on the highway. We took it all the way to northern Michigan,about 1400 miles each was last year & it was very comfortable. However the seats in our 2002 Century were plusher. I would like to trade it for the new 2010 LaCrosse but the trade in value on this one is terrible. Our 2004 Camry SE is worth almost as much on trade in."

love this car

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"The feel of driving this car on long road trips is awesome. If you are normally driving stop and go in the city, it would be comfortable, but its real gold value is on the long road trips.. I have taken 3 2,000 Plus mile road trips with this car, and it has performed perfectly, it handles wonderfully, and allows for less stops because you stay more comfortable."

Great Automobile

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I have drove Lincoln',Mercury',Fords for over 23 years. GM has a smoother,Quiter ride. I have a 2008 CXS and love the 240 HP very quick. Great sound system. Had to replace the battery under warranty. Buick service is top notch. This is my first GM product in a long time and they have done it right. Drive a Buick you will be impressed."

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Test drove its contenders (Camry, Accord, etc,) and the LaCrosse was the most comfortable by far. Smoothest runnng engine of any car I've ever owned. Have to be careful not to try starting it twice. Very quiet on the highway. Gas mileage is as expected of a powerful V6; not disappointed at all. Have owned this car almost a year and have had no major problems. Looks like J.D. Power was right when they equaled Buick with Lexus for realiability. Would recommend this car to friends and relatives without hesitation."

Great Buy

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"This is by far the quitest car I have ever driven. It is very comfortable and the MPG is great, 22-24 city and 28-30 on the highway. Good solid value for the working class of people."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "Great value, low maintenance."

Cons: "Pre-bluetooth era, and, no aux. inputs."

"I bought this car used in 2007, with 38000 miles on it. With the exception of normal maintenance, (brakes, tires, oil, etc.), car has been exceptionally great value for the money. I have talked to others in the area that own the same line of vehicle, +/- 2 years of mine, and, all say the same thing. Would not give it away for anything."

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride and never had any issues"

"I tell everyone if they want a smooth riding car that's reliable, get this model - it's the best overall car I have ever owned and that says a lot because I've owned them all!"

Favorite Car Yet

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"It,s quiet and very comfortable.We got 33 mpg on a trip to Cal. and back. Our old '95 Park avenue was not as quiet or good on gas. We love the xm radio and feel safe with the onstar system. I really like the two tone gray interior and the power lumbar support. The car has a solid heavy feel that reminds me of the Buicks of the fifties. Also, I liked the 3.8 v-6 which is my favorite GM engine. I would buy another Buick just like it if I could(new)."

Love My Buick

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Purchased new at a dealership. We wanted a comfortable vehicle with leather interior. We also love the quiet, smooth ride. It is nice to actually hear the radio when driving down rough country roads. The mileage ran around 30mpg hwy when new, but has declined to around 25mph hwy over the years. Seats are comfortable - front and back. We chose this LaCrosse over the very popular Corrolla, for less money and (we feel) far more comfort."

Great Value for Price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have to agree with other reviews -- the gas mileage is not great! However, the car does handle well in all weather and Buick customer service is wonderful. It has been reliable and no transmission problems as stated in other reviews. GM should look at putting something other than Goodyear tires on their new cars -- I've replaced 2 tires already and have less than 10,000 miles on the car."