2005 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

My second Buick. Very comfortable, easy to drive.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, good gas milage, low maintenance"

Cons: "big"

"Gets really good gas milage, only selling because garage of new town home is too small for the car (literally!)"

The Best Ever

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I do not particularly like the exterior design of the 2005 LaCrosse. I was always a Monte Carlo Fan or most recently a Dodge Charger Fan. I like mean looking vehicles. I guess I grew up after I retired and had to go for a "not your grandpa's buick". However, I have to admit I've had a trouble free vehicle since February, 2005. Very good performing auto. Will probably purchase a 2010 or 2011 LaCrosse."

great ride

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bought this car almost a year ago. Bought it as certified used. have had no problems so far. My wife and I can't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is. We've owned a Chevy Impala before and there is no comparison in the ride. It took awhile to get used to the quietness and haven't noticed any rattles yet either. The gas mileage is about 28.5 on the highway and 25.5 overall. Not bad for a midsize car. We had an Aveo that got about 32 at its best. I'll take the Buick especially for safety........."

one of the worst experiences

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Had the car since June 2008. Have had the steering bearing and shaft replaced. Have had a continual shimmy between 55 and 75 mph. Undoubtably the worst gas milage. In town 16 on the highway the best todate is 23.7. The information lights in the instrument panel will dim to the point they can't been seen during the day. Sensor was replaced however, the problem continues to crop up. Other than the above problems the car is great. Looks super going down the road."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"For anybody looking for a midsize sedan, young or old, seriously consider a Lacrosse. I have had this car for about a year now and I want no other. It runs great and has plenty of power. Mine has the 3.6L engine which is very quiet with a lot of pep. Car gets fair gas mileage. I get about 24 or 25 all freeway. City I get about 20 mixed about 21. The interior is very roomy and the seats are comfortable. Not as soft as other Buick's I have seen but it will support you well. If you are a tall person there is a pretty good amount of headroom. I am 6'2 and there is about an inch or so from the top of my head to the headliner. I have had only a couple of minor problems with this car. So if you are looking for a nice looking car that you will love to drive, get a Buick Lacrosse."

Great Luxury Car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Got this creampuff with only 8,000 miles on it. Looks show room new. Drives like a dream! Quite, responsive and comfortable. If you are looking for a top-notch vehicle with looks, style and comfort then the 2005 lacrosse is it."

Last LaCrosse for me

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"It is a nice vehicle, nice ride, very quiet. Mileage is terrible, 17-19 in town, never more than 25 hwy. I have CXS with 240 HP engine. Only 19,000 miles, but been in shop several times, last time was out of warranty. The transmission is noisy and shifts jerky and whiney at times. LaCrosse is no Lexus, in looks or otherwise. My previous 3 Buicks, all Regals, were far superior in handling and mileage. This would be my first, only, and last LaCrosse"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I averaged 28mpg in city and highway. Got 32mph when I drove to Chicago. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The only problem was that it had a tad too much wind noise at high speeds."

By on Sunday, October 07, 2007

"Front doors are small and do not open far enough. Comfortable & quiet ride. V-6 has good acceleration and the 4 wheel disc ABS brabibg system is excellent. Good trunk space. Just make the front doors open more."

saved our lives

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"had a horrible wreck - totalled car - walked away - my favorite car ever ! will get another"