2005 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 300 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Better than Honda

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I was surprised when I saw the price tag on this vehicle at the dealership, $23050. The MSRP was $30350, and it was better than the Honda Accord that I have been test driving the past weeks. I was looking for a decent car, and this one was it as it was much quiet and relaxing while driving. Although it's engine may be smaller than the Honda's, you floor that pedal to the metal and you can feel the pullback. So far, there's just one thing I don't like is that the trunk doesn't have a handle to open or close it. You'll have to slide your hand under the trunk as it is open at the slightest and raise it up. The gas mileage usually drops once you hit the road. I let my wife drive the vehicle to work, she usually drives 30 minutes on the freeway, and the gas mileage increased to 24.6 mpg. We switched cars and I drive on the side streets and with the dramatic difference my mpg went down to 17.3. I'm thinking of trading the car in for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL, the dealership didn't have any in stock during the moment I purchased, and with that I was in need of a vehicle as my old vehicle broke down. But, for the price you get you'll get a decent vehicle with leather and a quiet interior at the lesser price of a top class Honda Accord (without navigation)."

overall good vehicle

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"we bought this LaCrosse new in feb. 2007 We've had 3 or 4 minor problems. There seems to be a transmisson problems that the dealer can't or won't fix. This car is great on the highway. We took it all the way to northern Michigan,about 1400 miles each was last year & it was very comfortable. However the seats in our 2002 Century were plusher. I would like to trade it for the new 2010 LaCrosse but the trade in value on this one is terrible. Our 2004 Camry SE is worth almost as much on trade in."

love this car

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"The feel of driving this car on long road trips is awesome. If you are normally driving stop and go in the city, it would be comfortable, but its real gold value is on the long road trips.. I have taken 3 2,000 Plus mile road trips with this car, and it has performed perfectly, it handles wonderfully, and allows for less stops because you stay more comfortable."

Great Automobile

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I have drove Lincoln',Mercury',Fords for over 23 years. GM has a smoother,Quiter ride. I have a 2008 CXS and love the 240 HP very quick. Great sound system. Had to replace the battery under warranty. Buick service is top notch. This is my first GM product in a long time and they have done it right. Drive a Buick you will be impressed."

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Test drove its contenders (Camry, Accord, etc,) and the LaCrosse was the most comfortable by far. Smoothest runnng engine of any car I've ever owned. Have to be careful not to try starting it twice. Very quiet on the highway. Gas mileage is as expected of a powerful V6; not disappointed at all. Have owned this car almost a year and have had no major problems. Looks like J.D. Power was right when they equaled Buick with Lexus for realiability. Would recommend this car to friends and relatives without hesitation."

Great Buy

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"This is by far the quitest car I have ever driven. It is very comfortable and the MPG is great, 22-24 city and 28-30 on the highway. Good solid value for the working class of people."

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride and never had any issues"

"I tell everyone if they want a smooth riding car that's reliable, get this model - it's the best overall car I have ever owned and that says a lot because I've owned them all!"

Favorite Car Yet

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"It,s quiet and very comfortable.We got 33 mpg on a trip to Cal. and back. Our old '95 Park avenue was not as quiet or good on gas. We love the xm radio and feel safe with the onstar system. I really like the two tone gray interior and the power lumbar support. The car has a solid heavy feel that reminds me of the Buicks of the fifties. Also, I liked the 3.8 v-6 which is my favorite GM engine. I would buy another Buick just like it if I could(new)."

Love My Buick

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Purchased new at a dealership. We wanted a comfortable vehicle with leather interior. We also love the quiet, smooth ride. It is nice to actually hear the radio when driving down rough country roads. The mileage ran around 30mpg hwy when new, but has declined to around 25mph hwy over the years. Seats are comfortable - front and back. We chose this LaCrosse over the very popular Corrolla, for less money and (we feel) far more comfort."

Great Value for Price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have to agree with other reviews -- the gas mileage is not great! However, the car does handle well in all weather and Buick customer service is wonderful. It has been reliable and no transmission problems as stated in other reviews. GM should look at putting something other than Goodyear tires on their new cars -- I've replaced 2 tires already and have less than 10,000 miles on the car."