2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,703 - $25,446.

10/6.6

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

We now own TWO Encores a Red 2014 & a Black 2015.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, quite, responsiveness, high value"

Cons: "No power lift gate or garage door buttons"

"I bought my wife a Ruby Red 2014 Encore Leather with the gray/black interior. Her at 5'2" and me at 6'5" the memory driver seat is wonderful. Gas mileage is great 28city 34highway. As far as performance goes, our daughter calls the car, "Zippy". She is a 20 something and owns an Nissan Altima. When it became totally obvious that my 13 year car had to go. This was a fairly easy choice. We looked at a 2015 GMC Canyon. But the comfort, amenities, convenience and cost were all in the Encore's favor. So this time we got the 2015 Carbon Metallic Premium with the Black interior. We didn't need the Bose, the Navigation or the WiFi but those are all really nice features. I just can't say enough wonder things about these two vehicles. I did buy the extended warranties both times just to hedge my bets. Most people lose money on EW, I never have."

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."

Excellent Vehicle, Excellent Price!!!

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Everything, awesome vehicle"

"I have to drive an hour to work everyday, I love the comfort of my Encore, the gas mileage can not be beat. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, and am proud to give anyone a ride it (this being said, I love driving it). No question, best vehicle I have had so far. The absolute anything I would change is the center council is really non-extant no arm support ether side of arms."

Excellent car, 34 miles per gallon on road.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Car is leased--intend to buy."

"This car is on a 2 year lease. Absolutely no problems and very low milage. Intend to refinance this car and lower my monthly payments."

Uncomfrortable Seats

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"The front seats have no padding. You can feel the springs. On a 200 mile trip it will just kill you. My spouse and I both had back pain. Even with taking breaks it still was agony. The available adjustments to the seats didn't help. We are buying padded covers, if that doesn't help we will trade rather than have to live with this problem."