2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,374 - $25,933.

10/6.6

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

slow acceleration..transmission slow...only 19 mpg

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "comfortable seating"

Cons: "acceleration slow..rough sounding engine..poor mpg"

"very slow acceleration.. transmission shifts slowly.. faster shifts when in manual mode, but there should be a sport setting for automatic mode.. poor mpg.. i am averaging 19.. rough sounding engine when pushed.."

Excellent Vehicle, Excellent Price!!!

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Everything, awesome vehicle"

"I have to drive an hour to work everyday, I love the comfort of my Encore, the gas mileage can not be beat. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, and am proud to give anyone a ride it (this being said, I love driving it). No question, best vehicle I have had so far. The absolute anything I would change is the center council is really non-extant no arm support ether side of arms."

Pretty decent vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Features, driver comfort."

Cons: "Road noise."

"I can only describe by saying small but roomy. Well laid out interior. Little on slow side, and more road noise than I was expecting. Easy to drive."

Great small SUV, needs some tweaks

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Ride, stability, handling, looks"

Cons: "Audio volume and heating system"

"Currently leasing the 2015 Encore. It's a great little SUV with a smooth ride and excellent handling. The interior has a nice layout albeit cramped. My two main grievances are the audio volume and length of time it takes for the heat to work. The audio tops out at 45. When driving you really need to have the volume up almost all the way to hear it well. This could be much better. The heat also takes forever to warm up. On a cold winter morning you'll need a good half hour of driving before the car warms up. Something just isn't right there."

My first SUV & I'm delighted!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive - very comfortable & good on gas."

Cons: "I don't have any complaints so far."

"I don't like huge vehicles - I chose this one because of the compact size but still offers AWD & lots of fun other conveniences. It handles very nice & has a smooth drive - which I didn't want an SUV that handled like a truck. I am very happy with this vehicle so far."

We now own TWO Encores a Red 2014 & a Black 2015.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, quite, responsiveness, high value"

Cons: "No power lift gate or garage door buttons"

"I bought my wife a Ruby Red 2014 Encore Leather with the gray/black interior. Her at 5'2" and me at 6'5" the memory driver seat is wonderful. Gas mileage is great 28city 34highway. As far as performance goes, our daughter calls the car, "Zippy". She is a 20 something and owns an Nissan Altima. When it became totally obvious that my 13 year car had to go. This was a fairly easy choice. We looked at a 2015 GMC Canyon. But the comfort, amenities, convenience and cost were all in the Encore's favor. So this time we got the 2015 Carbon Metallic Premium with the Black interior. We didn't need the Bose, the Navigation or the WiFi but those are all really nice features. I just can't say enough wonder things about these two vehicles. I did buy the extended warranties both times just to hedge my bets. Most people lose money on EW, I never have."

Great car...just too small

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"Great car, just too small to carry larger objects in rear area. We have tall friends who feel cramped in the back seat"

Very nice somewhat overlooked SUV

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet inside, good mpg, cargo space"

Cons: "slightly under powered"

"So far I absolutely love this car. Many of the reviews mention the fact that it is a bit under powered....which is true to a certain extent but overall I think it has plenty of power for day to day use. If you're the type that likes to know they have plenty of power in "reserve" than maybe you should considering a different vehicle. The interior is well layed out and has a quality look and feel to it. It is also fun to drive while being extremely quiet inside. Good cargo room as well. So far the Encore has met all my expectations. As far as long term reliability..only time will tell."

There are much better options out there

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

I don't own this car

"I have this vehicle as a long term rental from the company I work for. I have had this SUV since Nov (3 months) I have driven this SUV mostly highway miles and the odometer is at 5k. In no way have I abused this vehicle and it was never in an accident. I had my dislikes of some things but now it shakes violently at 50mph so I need to return it not that I will be upset to see it go. I am hoping my review will save someone money in repairs. Lets start off with the shaking. When I received the vehicle it had a noise in the back end and some vibration I assumed this was normal since it was brand new. This vehicle has seen snow which caused some bumpy/icy terrain. Just after this last snow storm I noticed it shaking more. On my way home that same day the shaking came to a point where I couldn't talk without it sounding like someone was patting my back constantly. The gas petal shakes, the steering wheel wobbles and vibrates, the whole SUV vibrates once 50mph is reached and worsens as you go faster. Not a good thing. If it's the alignment/tires it's pretty sad for them to get out of alignment like this after a few snow storms. (If I let go of the wheel it doesn't pull) When I get a AWD I expect it to be able to handle these road conditions. This could also be an idle or a transmission problem. (Looking into the issue on forums previous models of this vehicle shows a history of having the shakes. It seems Buick has not fixed the issue in 2015) Other things I disliked: Transmission slips. Never before have I red lined an automatic unless it was old and about to drop the transmission. It has difficulty shifting on its own and I need to drop it into the manual function to tell it to shift sometimes. Side Detection System Unavailable message. This pops up in the center screen from time to time while driving. Nice to know I can't rely on this safety feature. Storage space is very minimal. All of my equipment that fit in the trunk of a Camry does not fit in this SUV. I had to decrease my equipment by half. Apparently cars have more storage space. The speedometer. It only displays 10's in large numbers. If you want 5's you have to look at the small chrome rim around the speedometer that is extremely difficult to read while driving. Also while the needle points at 80 cruise control tells me I'm going 75 hmmmm... Back up camera in a bad spot. It always gets dirty or gets rain drops on it and I can't see out of it. I have to get out and clean it off if I want to use it. Banana shaped seats. I feel like the seat has an unnatural curvature to them causing me to hunch over in the seat. Comfy for a banana but not very uncomfortable for me. I like to keep my back straight. Difficult to change the settings. I had to actually read the manual to figure out how to turn silly features off such as the volume not allowing it to be past 15 when the SUV is started. It still defaults to radio every time and I have to manually switch it to Bluetooth every time. Why does it not save my preference? Also doesn't save my preference to have the fog lights on so I have to turn those on every time I get in too. Useless windshield wipers. I cannot lift them up before a snow storm they won't budge and I'm afraid if I pull harder they will break off. It has that complex where one is longer than the other. They get ice covered either during the storm or while you are driving since the defroster doesn't hit them at all. The melted snow/ice from your windshield or road gets on them and all you get while driving is ice scraping across the windshield and making things worse. I either have to deal with the lack of visibility or get out and clean the windshield off myself. Lack of Center console. I like to keep things I may need handy in here. Why did Buick even bother with the 4x2 inch hole with a sliding top. Nothing fits in it. Things I liked: AWD handles well in the snow. It doesn't slide much and with some better tires then what it came with I think it would drive well in the snow if snow didn't break it. If snow is deeper than 8 inches I wouldn't bother trying to drive it since parts under the SUV will start plowing/dragging in the snow. The screen on the dash while not touch screen is placed higher up allowing easier use while driving. Remote Start. The only reason I picked this vehicle I'm sure this is the base model however it still has remote start. Very handy in the winter months. Conclusion If you are of 65+ years old, live in a place where its always sunny with great road conditions, and don't mind having to get repairs on a brand new vehicle this SUV could work for you. If not I would look at other options."

Nice sporty Ride!!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "stylish, price, size, and fun to drive."

Cons: "no remote to open trunk, no push start button:("

"This is a very nice, and sporty looking vehicle. I had a Cruz before which had the same small engine as the Encore so I was deterred by the reviews of engine power. You will find most of the features in this crossover as you would find in a high-end vehicle. My only disappointment is that it did not have the push start feature; that is why I gave it a 9 out of 10 for convenience. That is something that I really missed because I had that feature in the Cruz. Besides that, I would say it is a lot of luxury in a compact vehicle for a reasonable cost. Also I get 26/mpg"