2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,368 - $24,065.

10/6.6

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Pretty good vehicle not all I expected

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a bit pricey for small deluxe model"

Cons: "features on Buick deluxe cars not on this vehicle"

"comfortable, peppy, roomy enough for a small family- not as fuel economic for a 4 cylinder car as I expected but fairly good considering AWD. Deluxe model not as deluxe as I expected it to be."

I spent months reserching and test driving small

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power and fuel economy"

Cons: "None at this time"

"After driving and researching small SUV`s , I chose the Buick Encore. I had read about its lack of power, really, its got a turbo charged motor, plenty of power. Great fuel mileage, 26.5 average 90% city driving. The interior is by far the nicest and most refined. Seats are a step above all others. Love the remote start feature. It gets more looks than any car I ever owned, its a sharp looking SUV, with the extra chrome that Buick puts on it and the metallic paint is beautiful. This is great buy at just over $23,400."

Luxury and big car ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "High end feel, great ride, well trimmed, good mpg"

Cons: "silly arm rest, no garage button, doesn't speak TX"

"After downsizing from a Saturn Outlook (which is basically the GMC Acadia) to a KIA soul I was ready for something upscale but with good gas mileage. After looking at the several vehicles Cherokee, Rogue, Escape) I went with the Buick Encore Leather Trim FWD with Navigation and am sooo glad I did! Granted I got the GM Employee price which helped with my decision but after 2 months and 2500 miles I am still happy. I was concerned about reviewers stating that the little engine was underpowered and that held me off for a bit but honestly I find that when I step on it the little car moves. I am not planning on drag racing down the streets so I think it has plenty of power. No problem passing on the highway etc. However I have never gotten better than 30 mpg even on highway. But I am cruising along at 75...+ soooooo that may be a factor. It IS SMALL. But I will say that it rides similar to my Mom's Enclave. I don't know if it is the bigger tires or what but I feel like I am riding in a bigger car. Even passengers have commented on the smooth ride. I am 5'10'' and fluffy :) and I find the seats very comfortable, love the lumbar and heated seats. However, if anyone had to sit behind me they would not have much room for their knees. For a single person or couple that don't usually have people in the back it is perfect. I get complements everywhere on the looks - drive through window (I have the saddle leather... awesome!), mechanics, people walking across the parking lot, etc. I have only 4 gripes and they are really pretty minor in order of most annoying to least 1) I can not lay down the back seat flat AND keep my seat in the position I prefer to drive it is just to tight. You probably can force it but I hear the electric seat motor straining a bit to push the seat back and am not going to risk damaging that sexy leather. Not a problem for short jaunts, I can move the seat up and manage, but hauling dogs 500 miles I had to forgo laying the seat down for driving position. 2) No garage door opener button - what? even my mid range Kia had that? Kinda funny but not a biggy 3) What is up with that silly arm rest? Really Buick? There has to be a better alternative the thing makes the car look cheap and is practically useless. 4) The Voice recognition does not understand TEXAN! Haha seriously I can't get it to ever understand me - oh well if anyone knows the trick for that let me know."

Prospective buyer-Buick Encore

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great price,loaded with std. features,gas saver."

Cons: "More hp,no start push button,1 size of tire."

"I test drive the 2013 Buick Encore in March 2013 to find out the overall personality,quality and driving performance of this small crossover/suv .I was impressed of its exterior design,interior quality of materials used,handling,driving,gas mileage report,loaded with standard and safety features,advance tech gadgets and reasonable interior space in consideration of its size.I checked other car brands to compare price,standard features,interior and exterior quality,design,gas mileage,safety features,road handling, luxury features,practicality,maneuverability,parking ease.The Buick Encore has some standard features that is options to other car brands such as metallic paint,rear vision camera,bluetooth technology,18-inch tires,leather wrap steering wheel,noise cancellation technology,buick intellilink(voice recognition technology),halogen headlights,heated,power adjustable outside mirrors.My opinion:"The Buick Encore is a winner"-it gives more for hard earned bucks,great for families with no kids,with 2 kids,for young single adults,or anyone who like to drive a small luxury crossover/suv as alternative for luxury sedan."

Outstanding vehicle so far.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "We love everything about this compact SUV."

Cons: "Slightly underpowered compared to our BMW X3."

"Our BMW X3 was beginning to get expensive to maintain, so we bought a new Buick. We originally wanted to go with another BMW, but we test drove other makes just to make sure. We were pleasantly surprised by the Buick! Wife loved the styling, driver comfort, and overall utility, and gas mileage. My wife and kids were also surprised by the craftsmanship of the interior and exterior. Nothing rattled like the older GM built vehicles I previously had. Hopefully this is the start of the turnaround of American quality and craftsmanship."