• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,851 - $24,270.

10/6.6

9.5

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great car for seniors

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV for the senior crowd,just the right size"

Cons: "tight with back seats put down,no tailgate remote"

Softball's the game even at 75 staying alive..Great to drive my Buick SUV to the game

"Easy to get in and out of.Wife has no trouble sliding in and out of seat,she has bad arthritis.No need for running board. This SUV is only 14'6" long so it is easy to park and drive.Has premium package and feels very expansive inside but was priced moderate to other SUV's in its class.The gas mileage was 25 around town and 32 on highway. If you went over 75 on highway your gas milage went way down . The 4 cyl.engine and the 6 speed tran. didn't help at that speed. My recommendation would be to get a 6 cyl. I would also say to keep On Star as it is a big help to anybody looking for anything in areas you are not familiar with.It also tells you how the SUV is running and if the tires have the right amount of air in them. Well worth the money. The only thing I can find wrong is the tailgate is not remote.My wife needs a electric cart to get around in and I can lift the cart into the back cargo space and it fits just right.But it would have been helpful if the tailgate went up and down by itself. I am in my 70's and I have had a lot of cars in my life time but this SUV has to rate at the top for all things my wife and I need now. I would say this is a great SUV for two people ."

good performance but short on comfort

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"Lack of remote hatchback control makes life difficult for a short person. Bad oversight on Buick's part. Driver seat uncomfortable regardless of available settings. Additional fuel capacity would have been appreciated as well.Overall a reasonably acceptable vehicle for what it is despite the no-brainers."

This car saved our lives!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Crash protection, comfort, style, fuel economy"

"I loved everything about my beautiful little Encore before this past weekend and now I love it even more! We were involved in an accident that totaled the car - the front end was completely destroyed but the passenger compartment remained solidly intact and we came out with just bruises from the airbags and seat belts. The car did everything it was supposed to to protect us. I'll be heading back to Buick to get another Encore just like the one I had!"

Favorite vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, super cute and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Auto hatchback opener would be awesome."

"I did a lot of research before purchasing the 2013 Encore. I traded in a Buick Lucerne and was afraid I'd miss the big, comfortable ride. I have been very happy with the ride of the Encore though. It rides much smoother than the Toyota Rav. It also sits high enough that visibility is terrific and it is easy to park and maneuver. I have had no issues with the lack of power that some refer to. I've not had any problems passing on the highway. This is probably my favorite vehicle of all time, and I've had quite a few in my lifetime. This is a perfect vehicle for empty nesters who don't need the huge SUV anymore, but still want all the bells and whistles."

Pretty good vehicle not all I expected

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, a bit pricey for small deluxe model"

Cons: "features on Buick deluxe cars not on this vehicle"

"comfortable, peppy, roomy enough for a small family- not as fuel economic for a 4 cylinder car as I expected but fairly good considering AWD. Deluxe model not as deluxe as I expected it to be."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25