2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,470 - $24,074.

10/6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Prospective buyer-Buick Encore

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great price,loaded with std. features,gas saver."

Cons: "More hp,no start push button,1 size of tire."

"I test drive the 2013 Buick Encore in March 2013 to find out the overall personality,quality and driving performance of this small crossover/suv .I was impressed of its exterior design,interior quality of materials used,handling,driving,gas mileage report,loaded with standard and safety features,advance tech gadgets and reasonable interior space in consideration of its size.I checked other car brands to compare price,standard features,interior and exterior quality,design,gas mileage,safety features,road handling, luxury features,practicality,maneuverability,parking ease.The Buick Encore has some standard features that is options to other car brands such as metallic paint,rear vision camera,bluetooth technology,18-inch tires,leather wrap steering wheel,noise cancellation technology,buick intellilink(voice recognition technology),halogen headlights,heated,power adjustable outside mirrors.My opinion:"The Buick Encore is a winner"-it gives more for hard earned bucks,great for families with no kids,with 2 kids,for young single adults,or anyone who like to drive a small luxury crossover/suv as alternative for luxury sedan."

We now own TWO Encores a Red 2014 & a Black 2015.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, quite, responsiveness, high value"

Cons: "No power lift gate or garage door buttons"

"I bought my wife a Ruby Red 2014 Encore Leather with the gray/black interior. Her at 5'2" and me at 6'5" the memory driver seat is wonderful. Gas mileage is great 28city 34highway. As far as performance goes, our daughter calls the car, "Zippy". She is a 20 something and owns an Nissan Altima. When it became totally obvious that my 13 year car had to go. This was a fairly easy choice. We looked at a 2015 GMC Canyon. But the comfort, amenities, convenience and cost were all in the Encore's favor. So this time we got the 2015 Carbon Metallic Premium with the Black interior. We didn't need the Bose, the Navigation or the WiFi but those are all really nice features. I just can't say enough wonder things about these two vehicles. I did buy the extended warranties both times just to hedge my bets. Most people lose money on EW, I never have."

Great Car for a Specific Niche

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Compact, Economical, Luxurious, Good MPG"

Cons: "Low Performance, No Garage Door Opener"

"This car is great for us! We live in a major city and need a small SUV with good gas mileage. The car is small, but it is very efficient with the space it has. It's small enough that you can fit in a lot of parking spots and the rearview camera makes parking easy. The interior features are great! I love the Pandora link and the voice controls. The gas mileage is fantastic, we have the AWD model and get an average ~27 MPG. I love the two glove compartments, one of them is quite small but it stores sunglasses and a garage door opener just fine. There are a few comfort items that are worth pointing out: 1. The visor is not like a normal visor, it's quite small and you can't extend it. As a result, it doesn't block the sun very well. 2. There is only one armrest for both front passengers, and it's not much of an arm rest. 3. The car has OnStar but no garage door opener! For a car with so many great features, it's disappointing that I have to still carry around a garage door opener. Additionally, I personally think OnStar is worthless. Especially if you have navigation in the car. 4. You need to be aware that the performance is very poor. It's a small engine and you need to be ok with that when you make this purchase. For us, we don't really care that much. You can't get this size and gas mileage without some trade off."

Excellent Vehicle, Excellent Price!!!

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Everything, awesome vehicle"

"I have to drive an hour to work everyday, I love the comfort of my Encore, the gas mileage can not be beat. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, and am proud to give anyone a ride it (this being said, I love driving it). No question, best vehicle I have had so far. The absolute anything I would change is the center council is really non-extant no arm support ether side of arms."

Excellent car, 34 miles per gallon on road.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Car is leased--intend to buy."

"This car is on a 2 year lease. Absolutely no problems and very low milage. Intend to refinance this car and lower my monthly payments."

Uncomfrortable Seats

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"The front seats have no padding. You can feel the springs. On a 200 mile trip it will just kill you. My spouse and I both had back pain. Even with taking breaks it still was agony. The available adjustments to the seats didn't help. We are buying padded covers, if that doesn't help we will trade rather than have to live with this problem."

Wipers have a design flaw and seats uncomfortable

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, price, reliability"

Cons: "Wipers are poor, seats uncomfortable, paint wears"

"I have been unable to find aftermarket wiper blades, and the factory blades have been replaced numerous times and still don't clear the windshield properly. The front seats are only comfortable for about 1-2 hours. After that it hurts to sit in them. The material underneath is probably cheap. Passengers complain about the backseat headrests, although I haven't tried it myself. Every little thing will cause the check engine light to come on, thus disabling the remote start. So far it has been the oil dip stick was out barely a centimeter, and the gas cap was not tight. The paint on the mirrors looks worn already. The driver's side chipped off and needed to be repainted. The passenger side is now looking the same way, but has not chipped off yet. Gas mileage is 26.4 average. I would not buy another one, but it suits my purpose for the time being. I just can't take it on long trips."

Great small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving,great gas milage,quite ride."

Cons: "Only one arm rest, not much leg room in back"

"Looked at several SUV's before purchasing. Fun driving car with great gas milage. I get 36mpg. Just wish it had two arm rests and a little more leg room in back."

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive excellent value super gas mileage"

"This is a great little Buick . Very comfortable and has many options, the fuel mileage is excellent. Enjoy driving it every day whether for a short trip or an all day drive."

One of the best cars I've had

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great price; great add-ons; fun to drive"

Cons: "no a/c seats; a little slow on pick up"

"Profile: 28 y/o female; professional. I recently purchased this car after trading in my 2011 BMW328i x drive. I started seeing ads for the Buick Encore in late 2013 and was interested. I wanted an SUV so we looked at the Encore, the Audi Q5 and the BMW x3 and x1. I couldn't come to terms with paying almost double for the Audi or BMW seeing with what I could get with the Encore. I test drove the Encore and was very happy with the handling and interior. The car looks small from the outside but the inside is surprisingly roomy! I ended up getting the Encore Premium with all the bells and whistles except for AWD. Since my husband and I were in the midst of moving from Chicago to LA, I figured AWD wasn't necessary anymore. The value and quality are top notch. It handles easily, is quiet and is quite stylish. The nav and entertainment is really easy to use. The Bose speakers are really nice too! I highly recommend this car."

Great car...just too small

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"Great car, just too small to carry larger objects in rear area. We have tall friends who feel cramped in the back seat"

First car I owned that has so many features .

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "great price and a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "I do miss a wider arm rest in between the seats."

"This is the car I was looking for luxury and dependability. The warranty is great and it stands out on the road. If I had to do it all over I would do it again. I need to get more miles on to make this statement stick."

very good value for money spent

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"shortcoming is wiper system because the passenger side clears to right into line of sight of driver and driver side wiper does not do very good job at higher speeds, obscuring view of driver. should be reversed to passenger side instead"

Luxury in a small package

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"I was searching for another model SUV and accidentally saw the Encore on the dealership lot. It was love at first site! Mine is black. The chrome trim adds an upscale look. The interior is loaded with all the features you would find in a much more expensive SUV. I love the sunroof, blue tooth, on star. Rides like a dream. Great stereo sound system. test drive one....you will be impressed!"

Dissatisfied with this car

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Poor build quality, transmission issues"

"I've purchased this car 7 months ago and very unhappy with it. This is a comfortable car, performance is just OK and overall driving is easy. However it has been with dealer 5 times already. First, I experienced a persistent knocking noise near the front wheel. It took a great deal of my time and 4 visits to dealer to have them fixed it. Now, I experience transmission issues and dealer cannot duplicate anything. From time to time, gears are switching erratically and car is shaking. Based on my experience, I would not recommend to buy any car from GM."

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "handles remarkable well in the snow, fuel economy"

Cons: "no heater/aircondioner vents in the back seats"

"Bought this car for my wife. She likes SUV's but wanted something compact yet luxurious. The Encore was the only car that came close to fitting these requirements. We bought the convenience package with sunroof and upgraded radio. Couldn't be happier with the car. great fuel mileage and surprisingly handles remarkable well in the snow."

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive, appearance"

Cons: "None!"

"OK, I feel I should be honest: I'm not a car-guy—at all. That said, I really like this car. For a small SUV (I don't like big vehicles.), it's really luxurious and very comfortable, and there are lots of bells-and-whistles in the premium package. The safety features provide a level of security—and alertness—that I think I've always sort of taken for granted. I like the "infotainment" system, too. It connected to my phone in about two seconds, and the clarity of the calls through the hands-free system is awesome. The ride is quiet and smooth. I couldn't be happier. Oh, and it doesn't really look like a Buick."

Nice sporty Ride!!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "stylish, price, size, and fun to drive."

Cons: "no remote to open trunk, no push start button:("

"This is a very nice, and sporty looking vehicle. I had a Cruz before which had the same small engine as the Encore so I was deterred by the reviews of engine power. You will find most of the features in this crossover as you would find in a high-end vehicle. My only disappointment is that it did not have the push start feature; that is why I gave it a 9 out of 10 for convenience. That is something that I really missed because I had that feature in the Cruz. Besides that, I would say it is a lot of luxury in a compact vehicle for a reasonable cost. Also I get 26/mpg"

I'm on the fence about this one

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, goood gas milage"

Cons: "Dealers and quality are not up to par"

"We had a lot of issues with the dealer that sold us this car. They were pretty shady and underhanded. That really turned me off from the start. The vehicle is easy to drive and gets good gas milage. It's definitely not a speed machine. We have had issues with the turbo now since we bought it. The noise is so loud that you can't hear the radio inside when driving. I have had it in to 2 different dealers to fix it and they say nothing is wrong with it. I can't believe it supposed to run like that, I assume it's not. It's so loud that passengers we have had in the car with us made comments about it, so I know I am not being picky here (that's if you can hear them making comments over the noise). It's a good car, but I probably would not buy another Buick again after this experience. Other car manufacturers are doing a much better job and delivery and quality."

Just bought this Demo have put 1000 miles on it

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive with all the new things"

Cons: "too small of driver's armrest no pass. armrest"

"I have looked at this small suv for over a year the one I looked at before was cloth seats and no sun roof glad I waited. I found the one I wanted in the same color with leather and sun roof, the vehicle I have no problem with just the salesman that sold it to me, I was ready to take it back after finding out somethings he had totally misled me on, In KY you have 72 hours to take your trade back if bought from a dealer but the dealership redid my deal to where I was most satisfied just have a kind of bitter taste in my mouth. Overall I love the Encore. It is exactly what I was looking for in a crossover if I need the space the back seats lay down, love the heated seats, and the upgrades that Buick put in their small suv at a reasonable cost."

Love this little SUV

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

"This is my second Encore and I love the upgrades!! This car provides such a wonderful ride and so many electronic features!I couldn't be happier with my car!"

There are much better options out there

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

I don't own this car

"I have this vehicle as a long term rental from the company I work for. I have had this SUV since Nov (3 months) I have driven this SUV mostly highway miles and the odometer is at 5k. In no way have I abused this vehicle and it was never in an accident. I had my dislikes of some things but now it shakes violently at 50mph so I need to return it not that I will be upset to see it go. I am hoping my review will save someone money in repairs. Lets start off with the shaking. When I received the vehicle it had a noise in the back end and some vibration I assumed this was normal since it was brand new. This vehicle has seen snow which caused some bumpy/icy terrain. Just after this last snow storm I noticed it shaking more. On my way home that same day the shaking came to a point where I couldn't talk without it sounding like someone was patting my back constantly. The gas petal shakes, the steering wheel wobbles and vibrates, the whole SUV vibrates once 50mph is reached and worsens as you go faster. Not a good thing. If it's the alignment/tires it's pretty sad for them to get out of alignment like this after a few snow storms. (If I let go of the wheel it doesn't pull) When I get a AWD I expect it to be able to handle these road conditions. This could also be an idle or a transmission problem. (Looking into the issue on forums previous models of this vehicle shows a history of having the shakes. It seems Buick has not fixed the issue in 2015) Other things I disliked: Transmission slips. Never before have I red lined an automatic unless it was old and about to drop the transmission. It has difficulty shifting on its own and I need to drop it into the manual function to tell it to shift sometimes. Side Detection System Unavailable message. This pops up in the center screen from time to time while driving. Nice to know I can't rely on this safety feature. Storage space is very minimal. All of my equipment that fit in the trunk of a Camry does not fit in this SUV. I had to decrease my equipment by half. Apparently cars have more storage space. The speedometer. It only displays 10's in large numbers. If you want 5's you have to look at the small chrome rim around the speedometer that is extremely difficult to read while driving. Also while the needle points at 80 cruise control tells me I'm going 75 hmmmm... Back up camera in a bad spot. It always gets dirty or gets rain drops on it and I can't see out of it. I have to get out and clean it off if I want to use it. Banana shaped seats. I feel like the seat has an unnatural curvature to them causing me to hunch over in the seat. Comfy for a banana but not very uncomfortable for me. I like to keep my back straight. Difficult to change the settings. I had to actually read the manual to figure out how to turn silly features off such as the volume not allowing it to be past 15 when the SUV is started. It still defaults to radio every time and I have to manually switch it to Bluetooth every time. Why does it not save my preference? Also doesn't save my preference to have the fog lights on so I have to turn those on every time I get in too. Useless windshield wipers. I cannot lift them up before a snow storm they won't budge and I'm afraid if I pull harder they will break off. It has that complex where one is longer than the other. They get ice covered either during the storm or while you are driving since the defroster doesn't hit them at all. The melted snow/ice from your windshield or road gets on them and all you get while driving is ice scraping across the windshield and making things worse. I either have to deal with the lack of visibility or get out and clean the windshield off myself. Lack of Center console. I like to keep things I may need handy in here. Why did Buick even bother with the 4x2 inch hole with a sliding top. Nothing fits in it. Things I liked: AWD handles well in the snow. It doesn't slide much and with some better tires then what it came with I think it would drive well in the snow if snow didn't break it. If snow is deeper than 8 inches I wouldn't bother trying to drive it since parts under the SUV will start plowing/dragging in the snow. The screen on the dash while not touch screen is placed higher up allowing easier use while driving. Remote Start. The only reason I picked this vehicle I'm sure this is the base model however it still has remote start. Very handy in the winter months. Conclusion If you are of 65+ years old, live in a place where its always sunny with great road conditions, and don't mind having to get repairs on a brand new vehicle this SUV could work for you. If not I would look at other options."

Fun

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Pris, mileage, it is a novel car to drive."

Cons: "Small small small, road noise, rear seat tight."

"Small is the key word. More road noise than other bricks, especially an Enclave. Mileage is terrific(33). Just not enough room for more than three grand kids and we have seven."

I absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage and love the GPS/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Could use a larger storage space in back"

"Has all the bells/whistles, a comfortable ride and great on gas. I'm only filling up once every 6 days and I love it. Would recommend to anyone on the market for a compact SUV."

Awesome Ride!

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

"I will trade this one in only when and if they change the body style! I get asked about it all the time by strangers. No problems and very comfy for a small SUV. I would buy it again!! Perfect the single or married couple on the go! We just fold down the back seat and pack enough for 2 weeks! GREAT GAS MILEAGE and the turbo kicks it!!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next