2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,470 - $24,074.

10/6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car for seniors

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV for the senior crowd,just the right size"

Cons: "tight with back seats put down,no tailgate remote"

Softball's the game even at 75 staying alive..Great to drive my Buick SUV to the game

"Easy to get in and out of.Wife has no trouble sliding in and out of seat,she has bad arthritis.No need for running board. This SUV is only 14'6" long so it is easy to park and drive.Has premium package and feels very expansive inside but was priced moderate to other SUV's in its class.The gas mileage was 25 around town and 32 on highway. If you went over 75 on highway your gas milage went way down . The 4 cyl.engine and the 6 speed tran. didn't help at that speed. My recommendation would be to get a 6 cyl. I would also say to keep On Star as it is a big help to anybody looking for anything in areas you are not familiar with.It also tells you how the SUV is running and if the tires have the right amount of air in them. Well worth the money. The only thing I can find wrong is the tailgate is not remote.My wife needs a electric cart to get around in and I can lift the cart into the back cargo space and it fits just right.But it would have been helpful if the tailgate went up and down by itself. I am in my 70's and I have had a lot of cars in my life time but this SUV has to rate at the top for all things my wife and I need now. I would say this is a great SUV for two people ."

I love this car - it handles great - quiet ride.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "A dream to drive - comfortable and sporty"

Cons: "Powerful enough for me but may not be for others."

"Powerful enough for me but may not be for others. It is a luxury crossover. The heated seats and steering wheel are a treat. It rides so nicely that I need to remind myself that I am driving."

Favorite vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, super cute and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Auto hatchback opener would be awesome."

"I did a lot of research before purchasing the 2013 Encore. I traded in a Buick Lucerne and was afraid I'd miss the big, comfortable ride. I have been very happy with the ride of the Encore though. It rides much smoother than the Toyota Rav. It also sits high enough that visibility is terrific and it is easy to park and maneuver. I have had no issues with the lack of power that some refer to. I've not had any problems passing on the highway. This is probably my favorite vehicle of all time, and I've had quite a few in my lifetime. This is a perfect vehicle for empty nesters who don't need the huge SUV anymore, but still want all the bells and whistles."

Absolutely A+

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

"The Encore is an Awesome vehicle , the ride is nice, its comfy, great on gas,fun to drive, what else is there? If you buy it you will not regret it. We have had so many cars we can't count and by far the Encore is the best!"

Very nice somewhat overlooked SUV

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet inside, good mpg, cargo space"

Cons: "slightly under powered"

"So far I absolutely love this car. Many of the reviews mention the fact that it is a bit under powered....which is true to a certain extent but overall I think it has plenty of power for day to day use. If you're the type that likes to know they have plenty of power in "reserve" than maybe you should considering a different vehicle. The interior is well layed out and has a quality look and feel to it. It is also fun to drive while being extremely quiet inside. Good cargo room as well. So far the Encore has met all my expectations. As far as long term reliability..only time will tell."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Very luxurious and comfortable, feels sporty!!"

Cons: "I do not have any cons, I love it!!"

"I was searching for a new SUV and came across the 2013 Buick Encore. It was love at first sight!! It is just the right size for me. I am only 5'1" and have owned bigger SUV's in the past. I found them hard to maneuver and horrible on gas. My Encore is fantastic on gas and has all of the luxuries that I have always wanted. I realize there is not a lot of power under the hood but it is just enough for me."

The Pro's and Con's

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I don't own this car

"I rented this vehicle and drove 3500 miles mostly freeway. I am 6'2" weigh 215lbs. Found the driver and passenger seats comfortable and steering wheel adjusts nicely. On the downside, riding in the backseat you're seating directly on top of the back wheels so you bounce around harshly. That combined with high belt line made passengers car sick. The gas pedal is positioned very upright so your foot is always cocked very upright. This wore on my foot and gave me shin splints. . . thank goodness for the cruse control. At freeway speeds this car feels great, rpm's are up so the power is there. Managed a very good 33 mpg with average speed of 68mph. Acceleration from a stop or a need for get-me-outta-here quick is very bad. Turbo lag will leave you wanting to get out and push. The manual shift feature is enabled by a toggle switch on top of the shift knob. This is very awkward and not useful when trying to get rpg's up to counter turbo lag. Storage space is tight and the car looks very small compared to a Honda CRV."

Best empty-nester on the market

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Empty-nester special"

Cons: "2 golf bags without folding the rear seats, please"

"I'm retired. With age, my criteria have evolved. I no longer even want neck-snapping power (like my dear, departed Alfa Romeo... sniff). Now I want ease of entry/exit, and silence! And comfort, of course. Good ride, good seats, and all the creature comforts. We have had the car for five months, and have yet to carry anyone in the back seat, so I would have preferred a bit less rear seat room and a bit more trunk space -- two golf bags, please!! I literally have no criticism of this car. It is smooth and quiet. We have done eight-hour days without distress. Still... would someone please tell me why the passenger seat does not have an inboard armrest? And why the seat-back inclination is not electric... but the lumbar support is?? Gotta have a little bit of wackiness!"

good performance but short on comfort

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"Lack of remote hatchback control makes life difficult for a short person. Bad oversight on Buick's part. Driver seat uncomfortable regardless of available settings. Additional fuel capacity would have been appreciated as well.Overall a reasonably acceptable vehicle for what it is despite the no-brainers."

Trans not smooth

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE EXCEPT FOR SHIFTING"

Cons: "TRANS NEEDS IMPROVEMENT"

"SEEMS LIKE THE TRANS SHIFTING COULD BE A LOT BETTER. MILEAGE GOOD, 30 IN CITY."